Serves meat, veg options available. Has many vegetarian and some vegan food including raw food. Soy and almond milk available. Restaurant doubles as an art gallery, with rotating local art. A local hipster favorite for breakfast on weekends. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
554 Pandora Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1N7
250-385-6653

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by skymonkey
DM
DM

Amazing vegan breakfast

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

Curry tofu scramble and pesto potatoes are top notch!

marystestkitchen
marystestkitchen

Pricey, but who cares?

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

As the waitress described, they are "meat-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, and vegan-friendly."

I visited on a Thursday, mid-morning. Restaurant was a little less than half full.

We were seated immediately by one staff member and had water brought to our table by another staff member right after that. Lemon water in plastic cups.

The decor was nice. They had a animal-space theme going on. Kinda worn looking tables and chairs, but they were fine and didn't wobble.

Looked like there was only one waitress (while the other server seemed to only be there for pouring water and refilling coffee), so it was a little wait before we could order.

I had read on Yelp about their mushroom sausage, but was disappointed to learn that it was made with egg. Yay to the waitress for pointing it out to me though. I had a "make your own" breakfast with tofu scramble, pesto hashbrown, and their veggie works (avocado, tomato slices, and subbed roasted mushrooms instead of the mushroom sausages). It was all quite delicious with their tomato-paste based hot sauce. Roasted mushrooms were a little greasy but still good. The tofu scramble was crumbled firm tofu with some sauteed onions and (tasted like) soy sauce. Sounds plain but it was a good. The pesto hashbrowns were more like roasted cubed potatoes with some garlic/pesto oil. Good, but not what I think of when I hear hashbrowns.

My meal with coffee came to about $20. To me, it was a bit much for breakfast but I'd still go again. Maybe try their curry tofu scramble next time.

JoeVeg
JoeVeg

something for everyone!

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2012

Went here two days in a row. We came for breakfast on a Sunday and encountered a 45 min wait for a table and 30 min wait for our food. I was a little annoyed (due to being hungry), but it was well worth the wait. Thankfully there is a a pretty cool coffee shop next door and an awesome punk rock record store a few shops down. Made killing time fairly painless. Went back for lunch today (Monday) and the place was pretty slow, no waiting for a table and the food came super quick.

The servers are super friendly, and the food was amazing. Eating here was somewhat expensive, but well worth it.

Check it out!

skymonkey
skymonkey

good breakfast/lunch

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2009

the restaurant is not completely vegetarian, but has quite a few vegan options on the breakfast and lunch menus. we have tried the various breakfast tofu scrambles, coconut curry for lunch. and our son has tried the vegan pesto pasta on the kids' menu. the dishes are all quite good. it does get quite busy on weekends, so we tend to go on weekdays to avoid the crowd. by the way, do not go for dinner here: it is overpriced, and the food is not as good as their breakfast/lunch. although, i think they have recently stopped serving dinner here altogether.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mole: