Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly vegetarian but added meat to its menu in 2015. Small restaurant serves Indian cuisine. Menu items include entrees, quick meals, mains, rice, naan & rota, accompaniments, drinks, shakes, and desserts. Plays Indian movies on the TV. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

HappyVeganTummy
HappyVeganTummy

Disappointed

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

This place apparently used to be vegetarian with vegan options. Not anymore. I tried my best to choose options from the menu that were vegan friendly, but the staff member that I was speaking to had no idea what that meant as her English was not very good. It's not a great place to dine in and caters more to take away. such a pity they are not exclusively vegetarian anymore. What is did eat was tasty, but I won't return as I can't be sure that what I had was vegan.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Staff don't understand vegan requirements
Maddi
Maddi

Reasonable veggie takeaway

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Although there is an eat-in facility I think this place functions more as a takeaway. It is not too expensive and the food is OK. Not a lot of options for vegans (I think a previous reviewer noted the veggie food was heavy on the ghee) but what there was available was nice. The only veggie place I know of around this part of Adelaide as well.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive, Attentive staff
Cons: Limited vegan options, Not much atmosphere
fearless
fearless

Reasonable

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

This restaurant opened up mid 2012 and we ate here a couple of months after it opened. We ate there as a group of four and the food was reasonable but none of us walked away feeling very healthy. Their dishes used a lot of ghee and were very heavy on the stomach. It is ok but all of us agreed it wasn't the best and was more like takeaway food.
Well priced.

Pros: Reasonably priced
Cons: Not very healthy

RachelSag
RachelSag

Yummy Indian Food? - look no further.

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

If you want a vegetarian Indian meal, this is a good place to go. Staff are friendly and attentive, decor is simple but adequate and they have high chairs for kids. Price is very reasonable. Our bill came to less than 45 dollars and for that we got: papadums, chutney, rice, garlic naan, salad, a large mixed entree (2 samosas, 2 baagi, 2 pakoras with mint yogurt sauce), a dahl makani and a malai kofta and 2 deserts (gulab jamun and kulfi - which was served with icecream). We were heading for a night out with Miss 20 months in tow and planning to go to the city to Meesu but spotted this new place on our way up the highway and did a u-turn. Hadn't seen a vego indian place since we lived in London!! An excellent find which we will tell everyone we know about vego or not. They do have several vegan options but are lacto- vego mostly.

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff
Cons: a little slow (hard with kids)

Dear Owner and Manager of Mitran Da Dhaba: