The food menu is all vegan, unless you request non-vegan items be added. Some drinks may contain honey and/or milk. Ask if the mock meats contain whey or not. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Chinese, Asian

First Review by kcrowell
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Excellent food.

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

The dinner, spring rolls, and cake were all excellent. However, I had a little difficulty getting my order straight. The waitstaff were very friendly and very helpful, but maybe a little confused or maybe too busy. It is not a deterrent, just a caution when ordering.

iTom
iTom

Great Restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

I was happy to find this restaurant during a trip to Ca. Service was prompt and very personable - just great. I hag the Buffalo Wings and they were one of the best Vegan versions I've had. Very tasty!

I had a mock beef dish which the server recommended and it was very good too. I highly recommend visiting!

Pros: Service, Price/ Value, Selection
Cons: They ran out of dessert.
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Really Good Asian Vegan Food!

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

I was skeptical of the almost unanimous 5 star reviews of this place but it really did live up to the ratings for me. First of all, the prices are reasonable which in my book is always appreciated when it comes to veggie restaurants. I don't know about you, but when I go to hole in the wall places, the water is often sketchy. Here however, the glass and water were clean looking/tasting and had a whole slice of lime in it. Not just a little half slice but a whole slice. It might seems silly to make a big deal out of that, but I felt it was reflective of the attention to the detail of my meal overall. I ordered the spring rolls, wonton soup, and kung pao chik'n. All were delightfully delicious and overall just had so much flavor! No watered down sauces, no iffy tasting veggie meat, no overkill on anything. It was all well balanced. The kung pao was my favorite. It had a great variety of veggies like celery, bell peppers (green and red) carrots, and onions. It also had plenty of chik'n and peanuts. And unlike some other veggie asian places, this one actually had a vegan fortune cookie. Additionally the service was wonderful. Although there was only one waitress, she did a great job of tending to all 5 tables. She was so gracious. When she came to ask me if I was ready to order and I explained it was my first time and needed more time to look over the menu, she was so kind and insisted I take my time (compared to other places I've been to which can make you feel rushed or like you are wasting their time). Additionally, she was so sweet and thanked me for giving the restaurant a try and was just very pleasant throughout the whole dining experience. She also asked me how spicy I would like the kung pao (I got mild) and it really came out perfectly mild rather than bland (which can sometimes happen when something is ordered mild.) I can't wait to go back again and try more items! I would have to say this is probably my fav Asian Veg place! Lastly, parking is free and plentiful.

Pros: really tasty, easy and free parking, very friendly
Cons: not much ambience

EsseGern
EsseGern

Everything was delicious

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

Really, really good-tasting food. I liked the cheesecake too.

Pros: Legit prices
Veganvadim
Veganvadim

Best Veg Restaurant in ORANGE COUNTY

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

OK, so I've been going to this place since it's been re-opened as a vegetarian restaurant and at this point have probably taken 200 people here who at least half have returned, and some became regular customers. This food is absolutely amazing. I have never had something from here that I was disappointed with and at this point have tried most of the menu. The vegan sushi appetizer is incredible and so cheap! For an entree I always go with either the Chicken w/ mixed vegetables, the Roasted Soy Chicken, or The Garlic noodle. Portions are excellent, the owner is so friendly and cute and is always on top of it. Help keep small businesses alive and treat yourself to amazing food. Also, the coconut shake is probably the best drink I've ever had. I'll be a customer for life and continue showing this place to vegetarians and meat-eaters alike because they all always love it.

vegboy2009
vegboy2009

Excellent family fare

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2011

I took some good friends and their family to this little hole in the wall, after walking in, expecting very little. But wow, the food was AMAZING. Super tasty, not heavy, no MSG, and the ambiance, for being so small, was still very pleasant and warm. Will DEFINITELY go back when I'm in town.

Pros: Fantastic food, Great portions, Great selection
Cons: Small seating area
lono
lono

So happy we found you!

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

We just moved to HB and found Mitasie 3 through Happy Cow - what a discovery! Don't let the location fool you - this place is superb. We had been moving all day so we ordered a ton of food. Warning: outrageous portions (in a good way). We ended up set for food the next day too. Every single thing we tried was amazing. Indulge in the honey milk green tea - well worth it! Service was outstanding. The girl who works in the front is an absolute doll and as sweet as can be - very helpful.

Pros: ALL the food! , honey milk green tea, excellent service!
Cons: none!
Beckey
Beckey

Mitasie 3

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2010

Everything I have ever eaten here has been fantastic. I adore the owner and eat there every week. Every time I have ever been there, meat eaters are enjoying the food and I see other regulars.

Pros: Nearly all vegan, Great staff, Excellent food
Cons: I cant bring Jade home with me, I can't afford to eat there enough, I want it when I cant have it
jtct203
jtct203

Wonderful!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2010

I recently heard about Mitasie from friends in HB and was excited to try a new Vegetarian Restaurant. Bodhi Tree Vegetarian Cafe for many years has been one of the only choices in HB for this type of Vegetarian/vegan menu and Mitasie well surpassed my expectations! I cannot wait to return and try more and more selections from the extensive menu! If you live locally, be sure to grab a business card and have it stamped each visit... at 10 visits, you are entitled to a free desert or drink. I ordered the Soy Chicken with mixed vegetables and added Soy Beef for an extra 50 cents. The vegetables were all cooked to perfection and the Soy chicken and beef were both amazing as well as the sauce that they were served in!

Pros: Amazing Food, Great price and portions, Ultra-Friendly staff
JayVeg
JayVeg

Foodie flair, you must go there!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

MitAise is a big surprise in a little package. Don't be fooled by this small restaurant in the Edinger Plaza Shopping Center. The flavors here are fresh, unique, refined and bold. The menu has traditional dishes and fusion flares from Vietnamese to Thai and Chinese. While traveling on business I found MitAise online and read a few complimentary reviews and was drawn by the close proximity to my hotel. So many times my search for vegetarian food leads to Asian restaurants, but usually I'm faced with the same old selections with brown sauce and tofu. In this case however the entire menu is a delight, I'm going back again tomorrow night.

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Value, Good Portions
CorruptKitten
CorruptKitten

Great Asian

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2010

We were hungry, but not sure exactly what we wanted, hopped on the computer and typed in vegetarian Costa Mesa. This place popped up maybe fifth on the list with all good reviews so we decided to check it out and boy am I glad we did!

Love this place! Oh my gosh, the server was so cute and polite she offered so many suggestions for items for us to try, thanked us a million times, and was just wonderful overall.

We started out with the BBQ "pork" spring rolls that all the reviews have raved about, one word, YUM! To drink I ordered the green tea, which came with chrysanthemum flowers in the little pot, Mmmmm...so delicious and warming. My bf ordered the vegan Thai tea it was so good and did not taste vegan at all, it just tasted like regular Thai tea.

For the main course I ordered the #45, which is the Special Thai Style Soy Chicken/Beef cooked in a Thai sauce with onions, pineapple, bell pepper, & water chestnut; I opted for the "soy chicken". I got my meal before my bf and he told me to eat, so I did. I enjoyed my food....until I saw his meal.

He ordered the #38 Salted Beef Vermicelli, lemongrass "beef", rice noodles, lettuce, bean sprouts, peanuts, mint, & special sauce. Oh, my word this was so yummy, I wanted to push mine to the side and eat all of his, I didn't of course because this would have started an all out war as we were both famished. This does not mean that my meal was not good I just liked his better.

Items on the menu average about $6.95-$8.95 and portions are generous enough to have leftovers.

Pros: great taste, good value, friendly staff
Cons: small venue
Kyle
Kyle

Best vegetarian Asian food I have had

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2010

I've eaten at this place before it was a vegetarian restaurant and I thought that it was just alright. Tonight was my first time eating from the new all-vegetarian menu and I can honestly say that this is the best vegetarian Asian food I have had. I ordered the crispy mushroom something (I forget its exact name) and it was so good that I will probably order it again next time I go there (hopefully very soon). The honey milk green tea was delicious as well. The waitress was extremely friendly and helpful, which gave the restaurant a very nice vibe. The prices were also very reasonable ($6.95 for most dinner entrees) and the portions were sizable. I look forward to eating here again.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Friendly
kcrowell
kcrowell

Tasty and reasonably priced

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2010

Great tasting vegan and vegetarian Asian food. Prices are reasonable, and service is very helpful and friendly. I highly recomend the BBQ pork spring rolls and the crispy salt and pepper tofu. Also try a fresh fruit slush or milk tea made with soy. So good. I'll be eating here alot.

Pros: Price, Menu size, Portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Mitasie 3: