Serves meat, veg options available. While primarily meat-based, the menu does includes a small vegetarian section with tofu and vegetable dishes, a seitan entree; you can also find vegetable fried rice and a few other veg suitable dishes on the regular menu. Lunch prices are moderate, dinner prices are more expensive. Vegans please inquire about options and inform HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vietnamese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
148 Giralda Ave (Miracle Mile)
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
305-446-8006

Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-10pm, Sat-Sun 5:30-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by beticita
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Not impressed

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

If this place were in any other major city in the US, I would question why it is listed in HC. However, since Miami is largely a vegan desert, this is a welcome find, I guess. There are a few vegan items on this menu, but you have to be careful. These items are accidentally vegan and not by design, in my opinion. They have edamame and fresh spring rolls as appetizers, no soups are even vegetarian, I'm not sure what the other reviewer has been eating, but, per the waitress *all* of the soups are made with either beef or chicken stock. There is one salad that may be vegan, but I am not sure about the dressing. The vegetarian section has about 5 items, one is made with egg noodles and, per the waitress, the rest are all vegan. I skipped the seitan (they spelled it "satan") dishes and got the Buddha's Feast, because I wanted a lot of veggies. I then asked if they could add seitan and the waitress came back and told me that this would be $10.95 more. That must be some rocking seitan, but I will never know. They brought out my food, nothing special, but something seemed strange with the sauce. It just wasn't right. I then found a small piece of chicken in the dish. I set it aside and called the waitress over. She was visibly upset and embarrassed. She came back and apologized, reinforced that the Buddha's Feast is "always" vegan and she didn't know what happened. They did not charge me for my dish.

Since I have had this happen at many highly respected mixed menu vegan friendly restaurants (twice at Hugo's in LA!), I can't condemn this place for the mix up. Just be very aware that vegan is probably not a common request for the kitchen and the cooks in the back are used to slinging broths and non vegan sauces and don't really pay attention to what they are doing.

Pros: a few vegan options
Cons: must be very diligent
beticita
beticita

My favorite

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

As a vegan is hard for me to find restaurants where I can really eat good, well prepared vegan meals.Miss Saigon is one of my favorite restaurants, their dishes are exquisite and well prepared, fresh and delicious. The "Seitan Cress" a watercress salad is excellent, the tofu soups are a meal in it self and any dish that they prepared there can be made with vegan "homemade seitan" yes!..the mother of the owner makes their seitan. The atmosphere is unpretentious, even though they are located in a ritzy area of Coral Gables. The servers are extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes they will "veganaze" any dish. They have this lady, maybe related to the owner that is always checking if everything is ok and suggesting options if you are a vegan. Their portions are big which gives you the option to share. They've been there for many, many years and lasted for the fresh and deliciousness of their food.. I will always go there when I don't cook to find a tranquil atmosphere where I can eat excellent food.

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly staff, excellent food
Cons: maybe needs a little remodel

Dear Owner and Manager of Miss Saigon Bistro: