CLOSED: Mint Tulip Vegan Cafe

Vegan American cuisine for breakfast and lunch. Has fresh juices, coffee, vegan soft serve, sandwiches, breakfast, smoothies, fresh fruits and veggies. Food is prepared where you can watch. SHUT DOWN JAN 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Juice bar, Bakery

cookiem
cookiem

Vegan soft serve

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

Hello - what more can you want as a vegan who loves ice cream than a restaurant that has vegan soft serve??? It is good, so good! Go for the soft serve, stay for the healthy entrees like massaged kale salad or a quick sandwich for later. They make the food right there for you, so it's really fresh. I like the prices, they are hipster prices, so you won't break the bank. Classic items like hot dogs, BLT, burritos, biscuits and gravy are so vegan-ized, it's awesome. I would go back for sure - nice laid back atmosphere.

Pros: Vegan soft serve, Organic, No frills
Cons: Bakery choices vary
raynbow
raynbow

Funky, Friendly, Fresh

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2013

I love this place! The food is delicious, the service is great and it has many vegan activism and info you can take and/or read there. My favorite meal there is the reuben sandwhich with potato salad side.
Here's a testimate to the quality of the food: my little brother hears the words "vegan food" and thinks "ewwww!" I took him to this place twice - both times he got the grilled cheese sanwhich. He loved it! He also got their ice cream and loved it as well. He even asked to finish off mine. So, my little bro, expert at all things cheese doesn't even know this place is vegan. That's saying something.

Kayoung
Kayoung

Yummy lunch!

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2013

I just visited mint tulip for the first time. I tried the Rueben with potato salad. Both were delicious.

Pros: food, location, menu selection

Mizmonet
Mizmonet

Tasty Vegan food!

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2012

I have been looking for an Vegan restaurant that make tasty food for sometime now. I have eaten at every Vegan restaurant in ABQ leaving all of them dissatisfied. Well today was my first trip to Mint Tulips wow was I surprised when I took a bite of my Sausage Cheese Biscuit! It was large delicious and filling the biscuit was soft and the sausage was moist, tasty and flavorful. I also order the chicken wings for later on today, taste great. I plan on becoming a regular.

Pros: Tasty, Delicious, Organic
Julie R
Julie R

LOVED IT!

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

I am in Albuquerque for one day and found this place through Happy Cow. I am so glad I did. It's a really cute place with delicious food. It's a no frills storefront on a main street. You order your food at the counter (big, versatile menu), and then they bring it to your table (outside or inside seating).

I had the BLT. It was delicious. It had the fake bacon, spinich, tomato and veganese. It came with a side of fantastic potato salad (you get a choice of sides).

It was plenty of food, and very reasonable prices (my meal and a green iced tea was only $11). I will definitely be back when I find myself in Albuquerque again.

Pros: Great Food, Cool Place, Good Prices
Ramona80
Ramona80

Nice surprise for a visitor

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

I found this restaurant through the Happy Cow list. I had a breakfast of carrot-ginger juice and a "sausage" biscuit. Great comfort food.

Kathy J
Kathy J

LOVE Mint Tulip!

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

I don't live in Albuquerque, but we eat here when ever we are in town. I love the Ruben Sandwich, the Chicago Soy Dairy (Chi. Vegan Foods now) soft serve is so good too.

Pros: Yummy, great location, friendly staff
Cons: A little pricey
Dollii87
Dollii87

I'm in love with this spot

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2012

This place is the best thing that's ever happened to ABQ. Try the strawberry smoothy....Mmm! Literally everything on the menu is delicious!

Pros: Adorable place, Great location, Delicious food
YogaMatt
YogaMatt

Tasty vegan burger!

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

Great tasty vegan burger! Definitely add avocado:). Potato salad was a little raw, but edible. Quirky place, nice friendly staff. Takes a little extra time to make the food but well worth the wait.

Pros: Tasty, Good price, Clean
Cons: Long prep time
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

A super fun stop in Albequerque

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2011

I remember for years I'd drive through Alb on my way to California and WISH for a vegan restaurant to stop at to refuel my belly. Mint Tulip finally fulfills that need in a super cute and hip cafe bursting with color and cheery attitude. We both dined on the Top notch salade ni├žoise! Its adorned with colorful blue/purple potatoes and garden fresh veggies. They also serve Chicago Soy Dairy soft serve. Parking is easy out front, but don't forget to pay the meter and put the ticket on your dash!

Pros: nicoise salad, soft serve
JC
JC

Great Vegan Food!

4 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2011

Great little vegan restaurant near the university. I had a superb Rubin sandwich and my wife loved her salad. Take the time to dine here, you won't be disappointed.

Pros: great food, good value, friendly people
Steve Shoe
Steve Shoe

not impressed

2 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2011

I think the best way to describe this restaurant is funky and that their standards are too low for themselves. Everyone was helpful and friendly but there is the impression that they just don't want to be anymore than they are, that is a hole in the wall place that's fun for themselves and their friends. The food was OK but the presentation was really poor served on metal pans. The mint lemonade was marginal at best. Sorry guys but I probably won't be back.

Pros: location, happy employees
Cons: not much imagination, presentation
  • Chelle756 Chelle756

There is nothing funky about this place. They have fresh flowers at every table and real cloth napkins!

The food was served on metal pans, but there is a piece of cooking paper on top of the pan where the sandwich sits. The actual arrangement of food is elegant and artistic like you would find in a much fancier restaurant.

I found the standards to be uniformly high. Much higher than "hole in the wall" restaurants. I don't fault them for making the restaurant a fun place to be.

The food I had was absolutely delicious. There were a few items I had that were not quite as delicious as other items, but across the board it was heads and tails above their competition.

JerriMiller
JerriMiller
  • non-vegetarian

Mint Tulip in Albuquerque

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

Hard to say what's my favorite menu item at Mint Tulip. The summer salad is just lovely. I also enjoy the bagel without lox and the reuben. I eat there several times a month and I'm never disappointed. Love the iced coffee, too!!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, great atmosphere
monicalsmith1
monicalsmith1

yummy and pretty

4 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2011

Good variety and taste. We ate the Buffalo ranch wrap, BBQ sandwich, and Reuben sandwich. All very tasty! A little pricy and the juicer was loud but the staff was very friendly. Will definitely eat here again.

Pros: fresh, good sized portions, good variety
Cons: a little pricey , loud juicer behind the counter, no whole grain breads
sillasea
sillasea

nice little place

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

i went there today. the host was really sweet and her son was there too and helped her with some stuff. i got a smoothie with blueberries, banana and rasberries and it tasted really great. i injoyed it! then i got a avokado and tofu salad with tahin-dressing. it was nice, tasted good. the tofu wasnt roasted og anything as i had expected, but it was a great meel! and at the end, i eat a vegan cookie with chocolatecips. it was so great!
is you have in mind that it is just a little cafe, its a good place!
i would drop by if i'll ever come to albuquerque again.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Mint Tulip Vegan Cafe: