Minkler's Green Earth Nutri...

A small, well-stocked health food shop. Carries organic and alternative food, tea, bulk, supplements, skincare and beauty products, pet food, and more. No fresh produce. more-less
125 Airport Way
Renton, Washington 98055

Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat 9:30am-6:00pm

First Review by rainbowdust919

Great store!

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

I love having this store in my town; great food finds for my restrictive diet (vegetarian, no flour or sugar), and the staff is great!

minkler's green earth.

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2009

i use this store as my vitamin store. if you need a vitamin or homeopathic remedy, you'll find it there! i don't eat many packaged or processed foods so i don't shop for food here. i have gotten a few foods at green earth, but i mostly just go there for vitamins. the people are really friendly. i want to support local people more so than big businesses, but i also care about my health and i need a place with a larger produce selection. good place to go for natural pet foods and alternative pet remedies

Pros: great vitamin selection, natural pet foods, homeopathic remedies
Cons: small food selection, mostly packaged, not fresh foods
  • 4sandi 4sandi

I don't believe that the packaging failing to say GMO and non-GMO is the fault of Minkler's staff. This is something that should be taken up by the manufacturer of the product. This is a small operation and it is well run with friendly people and I hate to see a review that is so negative because of something over which they have no control.

NO GMO foods

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2008

They are a health food store and I expected that their foods would reflect this. I or at least I thought I wasn't eating non-GMO foods, because it came from a health food store! Anyways, I called the company that makes the Rice Dream ice creams (mocka pie) because I realized that it did not say organic on the package. The company said it was NOT organic. I was shocked! If soy is not organic it can only be GMO! I go to a health food storesto believing they carry only organic foods, and find out that you still have to read the package. This is also what the person said to me at Minklers. So be leery and read everything...

Pros: Very nice people, No alot about most products
Cons: Whats in the package, packaging should be labeled GMO
  • pbear pbear

I would fact check this but I'm being lazy so I'm just recalling what I've read while researching about what I'm eating. Soy is in fact all genetically modified is it not? I wouldn't per se blame the store for carrying it, bc it is a healthier alternative. Health food stores have to be able to provide for a wider demographic, like those with lactose/dairy/celiacs. Maybe I am completely mistaken, either way I'm going to check out the store and I label read anyways :)

South End's best kept secret...

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2007

Minklers Green Earth is one of the South End's best kept secrets! It is truly the answer if your trying not to shop at big box stores...you know the one's I'm talking about! The staff is super knowledgeable and friendly. It's a small store, but don't let that fool you. I don't know how they do it, but they have everything I need at such great prices, without being cluttered or crowded. They carry organic and alternative food, tea, supplements, skincare/beauty products...even pet items. My dog loves the veggie-lite wheat-free buscuits (and they're heart shaped!) All-in-all, it's always a great expierience when I shop here!

Pros: nice, knowledgeable staff, great value, hard to find items
Cons: more prepared food

Dear Owner and Manager of Minkler's Green Earth Nutrition: