Ming Sheng Healthy Vegan...

Shanghai style vegan cuisine, quality food with inexpensive price. Nice quiet dinning area. Convenient location with public transportation available, a few miles away from the Xu Jia Hui and Hui Hai road. Name in Chinese 铭圣养生素餐厅. Address in Chinese 斜土路768号(打浦路口). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Chinese, Take-out
768 Xie Tu Road (Da Pu Rd)
Shanghai, China
021-53027783, 53027796

Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:30pm

First Review by Ged
Tianci
Tianci

Great Place!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Excellent food, clean, reasonably priced, staff friendly and helpful to foreigners! Highly recommended. We'll be back for sure!

Since writing this review, we have been back several times. As of this writing, the owner informed me they would be closing for 6-8 weeks for remodeling. They are planning to open again around mid to end of May. If you find the place closed, please check back. The food, service, atmosphere is worth returning for!

Not NCC's review. The owner does speak English and can help if she is there.

Updated from previous review on Thursday October 25, 2012

Pros: clean, good prices, excellent food
Cons: May not speak English
NCC
NCC

Love it!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

I have eaten here twice and have loved everything I've had so far. My favorite was the cold enoki mushroom dish and steamed dumplings.

It's restaurant style, with relatively small dishes for sharing. It's a bit more expensive than a more casual restaurant like 7 brothers vegan near by, but not by much. If you come in the night time hours, there is a lady who can speak English. She's very sweet and helpful. The menu is both in Chinese and English

Pros: Delicious food, Decently priced, Can speak English at certain times
christianwkraus
christianwkraus

Excellent food at inexpensive prices

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2011

Very good restaurant in Shanghai with excellent food and service. Good menu choice, many different dishes

eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Better than expected

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2011

We came here to pick up some take-aways to feed us on a long haul train ride. The restaurant was nicer than I had expected based on the previous reviews. Service was friendly although of course no English was spoken. We were delighted to see a note on the menu that no MSG is used.. there aren't that many places of this genre. The food did take quite a long time to prepare - so much so that we actually missed our train and had to hijack the following one (don't try it, it isn't very fun!!). Although it's hard to critique the food properly having eaten it from a plastic container, it all tasted great to us. While waiting for the rest of the order we had a dumpling soup and it was fabulous. Nothing was too oily (although we may have requested less oil, can't remember) and it was overall a positive experience. It was also very close to where we were staying so we wished we had have found it earlier!

Pros: no MSG, not too oily, simple but nice environment, some unique menu items
Cons: not very fast
Krsnamayi
Krsnamayi

Ming Sheng

2 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2011

First of all, this listing is not 100% correct. It is no where near XuJiaHui rd. It is actually on Da Pu Rd at the corner of Xie Tu rd (near number 768) which is approximately a 10 minute cab ride from Xujiahui. The food is medium inexpensive, with dishes ranging from around 20 rmb on up. Over all I found the food to be a little too plain for my taste, and the portions rather small, but a good place to go if you are in the area.

Pros: Vegan, Attentive staff, reasonable prices
Cons: plain food, small portions
  • CristinaNg CristinaNg

Xujiahui Lu is a long street. Actually it's Zhaojiabang Lu near Xujihui and turns into Xujiahui closer to Dapuqiao metro stop, so the listing is correct. The Dapu/Xietu intersection is just a couple of blocks south of Xujiahui Lu.

Ged
Ged

Worth a visit for the vegan tiramisu cake alone

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2010

A short walk from Luban metro station. Convenient if you are staying at the Blue Mountain Youth Hostel. Good grub at a good price. Friendly service, but no-one there spoke adequate english making communication difficult, especially when ordering desert. I wanted to try the chocolate cake, but was told (I think) that I would have to buy the entire cake and couldn't just have a slice. They eventually brought me a slice of tiramisu cake which was quite simply to die for. There is a reasonable selection on the menu - the usual Chinese options including tofu, noodles and fake meats. All good quality and inexpensive. Surrounding is basic and clean - nothing fancy about this place, but thats the way I like it. Wasn't sure about the cat roaming around though, but it was cute and friendly enough and thankfully not on the menu.

Pros: good food, friendly service, english menu
Cons: no english spoken

Dear Owner and Manager of Ming Sheng Healthy Vegan Restaurant: