Serves meat, veg options available. Japanese restaurant with an extensive vegan menu. Try the vegetarian eel and wrapped rolls. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2154 Mission St (17th St, Mission District)
San Francisco, California 94110
415-864-1888
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sexysadie
TreLost
TreLost

Best Vegan Sushi!

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

I love Minako! We discovered it 4 years ago and try to go as often as possible. It's a mother/daughter team that is dedicated to amazing food. There is a full vegan menu and a full fish menu which is great for groups with varied dietary rules.
Always check out the specials menu!

SunnyOutdoors
SunnyOutdoors

lots of vegan sushi to choose from

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2012

Mother and daughter team serves really great food.
At times, the wait might be long but they try their best to serve excellent food.

Pros: fresh, clean, authentic
Seitan_Nic
Seitan_Nic

Best Vegan Sushi You Will Ever Have

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2008

*****! I LOVE MINAKO! All organic sushi with large, delicious, innovative rolls served up in a warm friendly atmosphere. The vegan eel is amazing! Another of my favorites is the fried eggplant appetizer. Also available is homemade udon, and many other vegan treats. They do serve meat, but all the sauces and broths are vegan and they are extremely accommodating to vegans. More so than many "vegetarian" restaurants that I have been to that only have a limited few vegan options. I'd give it five stars if Happy Cow would let me! (what is that about?)

Pros: AMAZING FOOD!, GREAT friendly service!, Good atmosphere! ORGANIC!
Cons: They serve fish and chicken

sexysadie
sexysadie

delicious sushi with good size portions

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

i went here last year for my birthday and I loved everything I got. Their sushi rolls are much wider in size which i liked. I tried the mock eel roll it was delicious. I also enjoyed a roll of the fresh natto and my two meat eating parents enjoyed their dishes too. This place is wonderful you must try if you like sushi

Pros: good portions, organic, friendly service
Cons: not open monday or tuesday

Dear Owner and Manager of Minako: