Serves meat, veg options available. Kosher eatery in Squirrel Hill. Makes pizza, hoagies (vegetarian), falafel, and other food including fish. Locally owned and operated. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Kosher, Non-veg
2120 Murray Ave (Squirrel Hill)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15217

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Tazzled

Nice little veg-ish deli

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

Too bad about the fish, because other than that, this simple vegetarian cafe is pretty awesome. Their "chicken" and other veg meats are all vegan, so any kind of sandwich that doesn't have cheese is vegan, unless it's fish. Again. Really. Too bad about that fish, huh?

Places like this are important for Pittsburgh. It's really just an unassuming Jewish deli kind of a place, but it also happens to be vegetarian. While sitting in there, all kinds of different people from all walks of life came in and got food. They were playing Fox News, oy vey. I really liked the counter person. I got the impression this is a family place.

Pros: yummy, welcoming
Cons: fish, Fox News

Pizza & Hoagies - Oh My!

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

This place has THE BEST eggplant pizza I've ever had. And in the summer, I like to get their veggie "meat"ball hoagies. So delish. They've even got veggie "chicken" wraps, which I can't wait to try.

I tried their falafel, and it left more to be desired. A bit bland, and not at all spicy.

Pros: pizza, vegge meatballs, veggie chicken
Cons: bland falafel

Dear Owner and Manager of Milky Way: