Serves meat, veg options available. Small coffee shop and music venue. Offers a handful of lunch veggie sandwiches in addition to a few ovo-lacto breakfast items. Can be made vegan upon request. Weekday breakfast until 11am, and all day on weekend. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg
2 E Lancaster Ave (Station Ave)
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
610-645-5269

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by wishuponakate
s144799
s144799

Poor service and poor food, but has veg options

1 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

Milkboy used to be just a coffeeshop and turned into both a coffeeshop and very informal sit-down restaurant. The service is horrible. It sometimes takes 5 min for a waiter to come to your table. The food sometimes takes forever to come. Two times I went, they were out of a veg item on menu. Food is just okay; nothing special. I go up and get water from pitcher b/c wait staff never come and check in on me. I would never go to this restaurant unless I need a more express breakfast out because it is the only restaurant open for breakfast on the main line that has enough veg options to feed me (I live in Merion on main line which is 5 min from MilkBoy and 30 minutes from Center City). I would travel farther if I wanted a nice veg breakfast like Philly or South Jersey and only go to Milk Boy if I needed to stay local and couldn't make breakfast from home.

Pros: Only veg breakfast place in main line
Cons: Very poor wait service, Food not great
conniex721
conniex721

A Great Coffeeshop

4 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2011

This shop is great! A wonderful place to sit and work with good wifi and friendly staff. I tried the vegan scrapple (it tastes like a sausage patty; good with ketchup and hot sauce) and an iced soy mocha (a bit sweet for my taste but good). They also carry delicious desserts from Vegan Treats. I'd love to get a full-fledge breakfast here. The workers were more than happy to accommodate my requests and didn't mind at all when I took forever to decide what to order. They offered suggestions and customizations. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Helpful Staff, Good Wifi, Many Vegan Options
wishuponakate
wishuponakate

SOYmilkboy

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2010

I took an out of town omni friend here for lunch, and it was pretty darn good! They have a bunch of vegan options (or veganizable) on their menu. Today we had their seitan cheesesteak wrap, which was really good -- even my friend was impressed. I think I'd like to go back and try their scramble sammy (sandwich) and the vegan scrapple! Mmm.

Service and atmosphere was excellent as well. Will continue to patronize this business in the future... maybe even go for some of their live music!

Dear Owner and Manager of Milkboy Coffee: