Serves meat, veg options available. Operating since 1981. Many items on the menu are lacto-vegetarian suitable, but menu also has fish and poultry dishes. Please confirm if the vegan options are good enough to keep this listing on HappyCow, and let us know. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by Epstein
LaurenMilord
LaurenMilord

Not the Best in the Area for Vegans

2 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2014

I've eaten here once or twice with a coworker, but despite a good number of vegetarian options, there aren't actually many vegan options. It's more of a Kosher place than a vegetarian restaurant. None of their sandwiches are vegan by default, so I had to get a South of the Border without cheese, and I got some soup that was vegan. Another time I did the make your own salad deal, which is fine, but definitely not unique in the area (Cafe Hemshin has more options and they don't charge extra per topping either).

With so many other decent vegan lunch options nearby (i.e. Falafel King, Cocobeet, Boloco, Chipotle, D'Guru, even sushi at Walgreens), it's not a place I go out of my way to eat at.

Pros: salad bar doesn't charge for toppings, some vegan soups, my coworker likes it
Cons: not many vegan options, a little confusing ordering system, crowded at lunch
Epstein
Epstein

A "milk" cafe in Milk St Boston

4 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

What a delight to find a cafeteria which serves delicious food at reasonable prices which pleasant surrroundings. Serves fish also but there was plenty to choose from fro vegetarians and the soups were brilliant! Well done to the chefs!!

Pros: Delicious, cheap
Cons: serves fish

Dear Owner and Manager of Milk Street Cafe: