Offers a daily lunch set with miso soup and white or brown rice included for around JPY900. Dishes are mostly vegan but may contain eggs at times. Located on the ground floor inside a small building complex, a short walk from Shibuya/Yoyogi train station. Restaurant name in Japanese ミルクランド, address 東京都渋谷区代々木2-23-1 ニューステートメナー 1F. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Japanese

• Cash only

First Review by sglcklch
VeggieFreund
VeggieFreund

Great place, where the locals are

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2014

Once you found out (use Google map or similar) in which building Milk Land is located, it is easy to find inside. It is Japanese only: there is no English menu, they speak minimal English, and all clients seems to be locals. They are either business people having lunch or people living nearby.

The food is tasty and healthy, the price reasonable cheap. I would go there the next time I am in Tokyo.

Pros: Cheap and teasty, vegetarian, in our case vegan, close to train station
Cons: no choice, only lunch
sglcklch
sglcklch

Awesome lunch place

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

My partner and I decided to come here for lunch before our flight back home because it is located right behind our hotel. This place is totally local (read: no English) and opens on weekdays for lunch only. As you can probably tell from the restaurant name, they actually boast milk from a local farm that is pasteurized with low temperature and serve/sell dairy ice cream and homemade yogurt, but I didn't try any of that. They also claim to use all pesticide-free vegetables.

Rather than the dairy products, the daily Japanese-style set lunch seemed to be their main focus. It changes every day. For JPY900 you get six small dishes of food, a bowl of white or brown rice and miso soup, both of which can be refilled for free upon request. There was a sign on the wall that said the food might contain a small amount of animal products, and that customers are asked to notify the staff when ordering for a vegan meal.

From what I could gather, everything was vegan on the date I went, but still I did as advised. I just couldn't pass up organic natto with black sesame for only JPY100 so I also ordered one. The whole meal was great! Food was tasty, service was prompt, and with that price it really couldn't get any better than that.

The location can be tricky but by no means challenging. The restaurant is inside a building complex. They have a standing sign out on the street by the building entrance. Just walk inside and you'll see it.

Pros: tasty, healthy food, reasonable prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Milk Land: