Offers a daily lunch set with miso soup and white or brown rice included for around JPY900. Dishes are mostly vegan but may contain eggs at times. Located on the ground floor inside a small building complex, a short walk from Shibuya/Yoyogi train station. Restaurant name in Japanese ミルクランド, address 東京都渋谷区代々木2-23-1 ニューステートメナー 1F. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Japanese

jillybean3
jillybean3

I love Milk Land!!!!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2015

I've been lucky enough to be able to stop here a few times when passing through the city for work, and I think it was love from the moment I walked in.

The variety of the food is great and they use whatever is in season. Also, the dishes just keep coming! I could hardly believe my eyes the first time I went. I think you're guaranteed to leave here stuffed!

The shop is really cozy and the woman I've always seen there seems so quirky in a cool way (she either has pigtails with wild scrunchies and/or a rabbit tail pinned on the back of her shirt. I love it). It's the kind of place where I really wish I was a regular/local.

The day's dishes are listed on a small blackboard outside the shop, but it's Japanese only. To order, you just have to tell them if you want white or brown rice. It doesn't take long for the food to come out either, even at peak lunch time I've always had speedy service.

I do eat dairy, but I haven't tried any of their milk drinks/ice cream because the lunch set always fills me up. But I've seen some go by and they look tasty.

Highly recommended if you're around on a weekday!

Pros: big portions & very reasonably priced, nice atmosphere
Cons: location is tricky the first time, only open weekdays
Diggity
Diggity

fantastic set lunch

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2015

Hard to find. Near the hospital, look for an organic cafe at the front of the building and walk into the front door, keep walking all the way through the shops until you find the characters for the shop on the right side of the hallway.
Very small restaurant but delicious vegetarian food. No English spoken and no English menu. Just order the set lunch for about $10.

Pros: delicious , cheap
Cons: no English
VeggieFreund
VeggieFreund

Great place, where the locals are

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2014

Once you found out (use Google map or similar) in which building Milk Land is located, it is easy to find inside. It is Japanese only: there is no English menu, they speak minimal English, and all clients seems to be locals. They are either business people having lunch or people living nearby.

The food is tasty and healthy, the price reasonable cheap. I would go there the next time I am in Tokyo.

Pros: Cheap and teasty, vegetarian, in our case vegan, close to train station
Cons: no choice, only lunch

sglcklch
sglcklch

Awesome lunch place

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

My partner and I decided to come here for lunch before our flight back home because it is located right behind our hotel. This place is totally local (read: no English) and opens on weekdays for lunch only. As you can probably tell from the restaurant name, they actually boast milk from a local farm that is pasteurized with low temperature and serve/sell dairy ice cream and homemade yogurt, but I didn't try any of that. They also claim to use all pesticide-free vegetables.

Rather than the dairy products, the daily Japanese-style set lunch seemed to be their main focus. It changes every day. For JPY900 you get six small dishes of food, a bowl of white or brown rice and miso soup, both of which can be refilled for free upon request. There was a sign on the wall that said the food might contain a small amount of animal products, and that customers are asked to notify the staff when ordering for a vegan meal.

From what I could gather, everything was vegan on the date I went, but still I did as advised. I just couldn't pass up organic natto with black sesame for only JPY100 so I also ordered one. The whole meal was great! Food was tasty, service was prompt, and with that price it really couldn't get any better than that.

The location can be tricky but by no means challenging. The restaurant is inside a building complex. They have a standing sign out on the street by the building entrance. Just walk inside and you'll see it.

Pros: tasty, healthy food, reasonable prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Milk Land: