Mile Time

Serves a variety of dishes from veggie burgers to lasagna, chow mein, soups, salads and more. Has vegan options. Has an extensive juice/smoothie menu as well as a dessert menu. Entrees are between $4-$8. Almost all desserts have egg in them, as well as most dishes, so vegans ask for no eggs. In-house-made veggie meat. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Western, International, Chinese, Juice bar
Paseo General Escalon 3943, Col Escalon (77 Avenida)
San Salvador, El Salvador
503-212-47388

First Review by H
Lulimon
Lulimon

Well-located, delicious, affordable!

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

I was very pleased to discover this restaurant! Most of the times we eat here it's empty, but don't let that fool you! The food here is delicious and budget-friendly. If you're a vegan, keep an eye out for dishes that have eggs and cheese in them - the waitresses are kind enough to look closely at the ingredients if you ask!

I strongly recommend the stuffed potato (has cheese but I think you can get it without cheese) and the vegetarian popcorn "chicken" -- my favourite dishes!

Pros: Huge variety of food, Delicious, Affordable
Cons: Sometimes long wait for food, Parking is limited, Items not specified "vegan friendly"
H
H

Tasty, friendly - small portions

3 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2012

I ate here once after I discovered it from the window of a public bus. I ordered their specialty, the "tanyaki", or "panyaki"... something like that. I had it with pasta instead of rice. It was spiral pasta with a few mixed veggies and some homemade soymeat with some tomato sauce on one half and some brown asian sauce on the other. It wasn't anything "authentic" or what I expected, but it was still tasty. Their soy meat is really good. But I think the portion was just too small. Most of the things on their menu have egg in it but it doesn't say, for example, my dish apparently would have had some fried egg mixed in with the veggies if I didn't ask if it had eggs. The sign out side says "Taiwanese Food," but there's nothing authentic to their menu. I was really hoping for some chinese-chinese food, but it's more of a fusion of different stuff catered to a Western palate. They also had a ton of deserts and cakes, but all had eggs. =/

Pros: Tasty, Friendly
Cons: Small Portions, Eggs in most dishes (ask)

Dear Owner and Manager of Mile Time: