Small and crowded veggie food restaurant with a changing menu. Expect a wait. Accept cash or debit card. Feb 2013 reported to be still open by happycow member. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, International, British, Beer/Wine, Take-out
45 Lexington Street, Soho, London, UK (between Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus & Tottenham Court Road underground stations)
London, England W1F 9AN
020-7494-1634

Mon-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm

First Review by Stevie
Shar_warner
Shar_warner

Great Vegan Food!!

4 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

My boyfriend and I had heard about this place and finally got round to going there on Saturday.
First impressions - very small and noisy! It feels quite cramped and we had to wait for a table as it was quite busy. We did have the option of sharing a table but we preferred to have our own table, so we waited. We didn't have to wait too long before we were called to our table, which honestly, was pretty much like sharing a table as they are all very close together. Anyway we ordered our food: gyoza to start, aubergine burgers and chocolate brownie for desert. It was very good. The gyoza were amazing and I could have eaten at least 3 plates of those!!! The burger was good however it became a bit boring halfway through but still tasty. We shared the desert which was lucky as it was very rich and filling. It wasn't the best brownie, it was more of a chocolate cake but it came out warm with vegan ice cream so it was still very indulgent! I do recommend this place for its food, but not if you want to have a quiet romantic meal!

Littlething
Littlething

Best food experience in London!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

I was in London for a week-long vacation with my boyfriend and this was definitely the best food experience we had!

We came here for a late lunch and it was quite crowded when we arrived. However, there wasn't a long wait time and we were seated after 5 minutes. As I said, it was crowded, and it's really close between the tables so it wasn't the perfect place for a cozy dinner. But the food most definitely made up for the crowded restaurant!

I ordered the Burger of the day (with regular chips) and my boyfriend tried the Mushroom Ale Pies. We both found our food absolutely delicious! The burger of the day was a mixed beans burger with basil mayo on the side and all parts of it were delicious. The food was very filling so we did not try any dessert. I also liked the fact that they had some organic soft drinks and I tried the wild elderflower bubby.

The staff was friendly and the service was quite good, nothing special to say about it. The environment and decor felt sophisticated and well decorated.

Pros: Delicious food, organic soft drinks, sophisticated environment
Cons: Very crowded

Manic Pianic
Manic Pianic

Appalling service = Bad!

2 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

My husband took me here last wednesday evening (3/9/14) for my birthday. It started out well, we got seated straight away and the waitress (who will remain nameless) took our order of two mushroom ale pies and 2 carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger organic juices. Literally within 5 mins our pies turned up. They were tasty enough but the pastry was thin and the sweet potato chips were a bit rubbery on one side. After 40 mins we asked our waitress where our drinks had got to (being very thirsty at this stage). Apparently they had run our of apples and the chef hadn't told her! She suggested replacing the apples with oranges and we waited another 10 mins for our juices, which turn up without the beetroot and ginger! It was pretty bland. Our waitress said she would have a word with the Manager and sort something out, but nothing came to fruition. Since our waitress disappears, we have to track down another one to place our dessert order and refill our water. I was looking forward to a nice vegan chocolate pudding, but alas they don't do their delicious chocolate and raspberry torte anymore, instead they've replaced it with a chocolate and peanut butter brownie for £6.50. Brownies are so easy to make, I make them all the time so I didn't really fancy this (and bring myself to pay £6.50 for a basic brownie!) so we declined and asked for the bill. We found we'd been charged extra for the sweet potato chips even though we hadn't been told this. And we hadn't been given a discount on our juices either. So we left without paying a tip. It really was very disappointing, especially when I was trying to celebrate my birthday.

I was so disappointed that I emailed Mildred's Thurs morn and they replied with an apology admitting they had "made a hash of things." This doesn't give me the confidence to go back though :-(
[edited by staff]

Cons: Appalling service, Disappointing food
szeevster
szeevster

Mildred's - Best veggie food in London

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

We loved this restaurant. Despite being extremely crowded when we arrived without a reservation, they made a special effort to fit us in when it started to rain on our outdoor table. Mildred's is located on a small, not immediately obvious street in Soho, and though it's not a little place, it as a challenge to navigate for me. I arrived in a wheelchair and though I am able to walk a bit with a crutch, getting to a rest room required more effort then I would have liked (it's down a fairly long set of stairs). But the food at Mildred's made me forget the stairs and the rain.

I had a delicious, unusual, spicy sweet-potato soup to begin, followed by what they call Sri Lankan sweet potato and cashew nut curry on yellow basmati rice with coconut tomato sambal. The curry was creamy and quite delicious. My partner had organic black bean burrito, with red pepper and green tomatillo rice. I tasted it and it was great.

Our experience was further enhanced by our interaction with their flamboyant frontman, Hugo, who is all smiles and determined to personally solve every problem.

Pros: Terrific vegetarian/vegan food, Great location in the heart of central L, Excellent servers and caring management
Cons: A bit pricey but you get a lot for the m, Not so disabled-accessible
EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

One of London's best for veggies and vegans!

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I have been to Mildred's a handful of times and I'm never disappointed. The (vegan) mushroom and ale pie with chunky chips and mushy peas is my absolute favourite and is good value at around £10. The standard menu does not seem to change, but there are specials that change often and this includes desserts. There is a lot on offer for both vegetarians and vegans, and the restaurant is also popular with non-veggies too. I went for dinner once with my university professor (a meat eater) and she adored the vegetarian dish that she ordered. Good selection of vegetarian beer and wine too, as well as teas, coffees and organic juice. Mildred's can become very busy and very noisey, so my best advice is to go for an early dinner when the restaurant opens. That way you can take your pick of tables and be served quickly. Staff sometimes come across as snobby but that does not impact upon the overall enjoyment of the dining experience. A great stop before taking an evening stroll around central London or going to see a nearby musical.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, delicious food
Cons: Can become very busy, often too noisey to hear others speak
Tiggy
Tiggy

Food not bad, staff pleasant...

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

We got back from a day trip very late and came here because of its late closing time, lugging baggage. The restaurant was busy but we were seated within a couple of minutes (and our baggage stored), and a friendly staff member took our orders. I went for the pasta special and my partner for a vegan burrito. This turned into a minor drama when neither dish arrived vegan: the pasta my fault for forgetting to check (it came with egg tagliatelle and parmesan) and the burrito their fault for overlooking the vegan request. The staff dealt with this calmly and pleasantly and took the dishes back. I ordered the chickpea and aubergine tagine this time and this was good but much as any such tagine I've tasted. I also ended up finishing my partner's burrito (vegan second time around) which was reasonably tasty if a little dry and accompanied by a nice fresh salad with delicious oniony guacamole. Staff regularly but unimposingly continued to ask after us and offered water and more olive oil for our side of artisan breads. Vegan vanilla ice cream for dessert was delicious and one bowl between us hit the spot. Assuming orders go smoothly in the future I'd be interested in investigating this place further.

Pros: Staff pleasant and accommodating
Cons: Vegan request overlooked
Kathreune
Kathreune

Very tasty!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

After you make it through the big line up, you will be rewarded with super tasty and creative dishes. I had the bean burrito and it was fresh and spicy. Don't miss out on the dessert menu!

Chris W
Chris W

Great Central London Institution

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

Fantastic place with loads of vegan options. Mushroom pie + wedges + mushy pies, smoked tofu sausages + mash + greens and pecan pie all highly recommended! Staff are laid-back and great.

Be warned - no bookings can mean a long wait so be ready to have a drink or two at the bar before dinner.

Soon to be a branch in Camden too!

Pros: Good vegan options, Atmospheric central location , Great staff
Cons: Specials are often not vegan, Can be quite a wait for a table
lilliebliss
lilliebliss

Amazing Veg

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

Mildred's is a fantastic restaurant for vegans and vegetarians. I went back twice while visiting London recently. I absolutely loved the menu and wish that I had had the opportunity to try more of their dishes. I would recommend Mildred's to anyone, whether veg or not.

Pros: delicious food, fast service, variety
Cons: expensive, busy, no outside seating
bencamps
bencamps

One of the best in London!!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Something of an institution. I've been many times and never been disappointed, ever. Most guests who visit me in London get taken here or Manna (if we have enough money - it's not the cheapest). It's worth every penny. If you never been or you are visiting London then you simply MUST go!!!

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
jon active
jon active

Posh, hip expensive but good

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Mildreds is about as central as you can get in London. The food is of a high standard but the menu hasn't changed much for years and the "specials" are often not vegan so I'm a bit out off going down and potentially spending a lot of money for a meal I've already had. The staff have always been friendly to me which is nice because some of the clientele can be rather sniffy! There's a fairly good chance of spotting a celebrity amidst the hipsters whilst you are queueing to get in. Booking a table in the evening is recommended as is getting your wealthy parents to pay if you are so lucky!
The choc cake is great.

Pros: Good food, easy to get to, friendly service
Cons: expensive, busy, not great for vegans
Yiselle
Yiselle

Busy but brilliant

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

I took my friend (non-vegetarian) here for dinner tonight. It was packed so we had a drink at the bar while we waited for a table, but we didn't mind! Love their range of organic beer and wine. I ordered the stir-fried vegetables and my friend got a burger. She absolutely loved it! The sweet potato fries are a must order - so delicious! We also got dessert, the chocolate & peanut butter brownie was delicious with a side of salted caramel ice cream. Will definitely go there again!

Pros: menu, organic options, gf and vegan options
Cons: little noisy in back room
Vegan Hobo
Vegan Hobo

London veggie institution

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

My friend took me here for my birthday. Despite it being a Friday night we only had to wait a very short time for a table.

The food is great and deserves the reputation it has. The prices are very fair for London and the portion sizes are not small (we still managed to squeeze in a dessert between us!).

Our waitress was great and very knowledgeable about the menu and she never made us feel rushed, despite the busy atmosphere.

Beware - if you are looking for quiet and intimate, this is not the place for you but is just the spot for some delicious meat/dairy free food before a night on the town!

Pros: Great food, Excellent staff, Lively atmosphere
Cons: Might have to wait for a table
Sally1
Sally1

Consistent and delicious

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

We ate here several times in June 2013. Great vegan options and takeaways. The pear pastry dessert is a must. Arrive early or be prepared to queue and share tables.

JonJon
JonJon

A safe bet

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

Mildred's is one of the vegetarian restaurant you have to test if you're in London. Even if the place is usually crowded and you'll have to wait at the bar with a beer or something else, the waiting is really acceptable for the dinner or lunch you'll have. Food is really tasty and fine (even if you will have a burger or a burrito), portions are generous and the staff is friendly. Moreover, the restaurant is well located not far from Picadilly Circus.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere
Cons: often crowded
Brian Hay
Brian Hay

Soho veggie delight!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

A great find off the back streets off Soho. Had never heard of it before stumbling across it but can see why it is so acclaimed by Veggies alike. Good all round menu, covering many international tastes. I had the Daily soup followed by a Burrito tailored as a vegan dish; superb! Only downside is that you cannot book so you need a bit of luck to avoid a queue.

kuuupo
kuuupo

Good Food and Atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

It took a long to be acknowledged but once we were and had queued to be seated the staff were welcoming. There was a reasonable selection for vegans and enough variety to keep my omnivorous companion happy. We ate quite late after an exhibition and were almost the last to leave, but we didn't feel at all rushed, which was nice. We'd definitely go back again.

Pros: Good atmosphere, Not overly expensive, Varied menu
Cons: Be prepared to queue
Dougie
Dougie

Great food and good service

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

My partner and I ate here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was a busy Saturday afternoon but we only had to wait five minutes for a table.

Service was quick and friendly and the food was delicious. I would recommend the sweet potato curry in particular.

Desserts are a little over priced for the portion size.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly service, Good value
Cons: Desserts overpriced
AlexBerger
AlexBerger

The owner tries not to encourage Vegans.

2 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

Haven't been for a couple of years but was really sad and disappointed by their attitude towards vegan customers. To make a dish vegan they simply leave off ingredients rather than use any substitutes. When I mentioned that you can get heaps of vegan nut cheeses nowadays I was told by the waitress that the owner tries not to encourage vegans. Interesting attitude for a veggie restaurant. A little sad that it's one of the few veggie restaurants in London so very disappointing for anyone overseas to visit if they are vegan or raw. Would be nice if they checked out some of the restaurants in NYC as comparatively they are way behind the times in both attitude and in the choice of menu!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Nice Layout, It's vegetarian
Cons: Poor customer service, Poor vegan menu, Poor attitude
bananaspender
bananaspender

The Best Veggie burger ever

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2013

I love this place. Awesome location, fabulous food, lots of vegan options which covers desserts and lovely atmosphere. If you are here, do not miss out on their burger. It really is AMA-ZING! There is so much love and care in the food. This is the place to take your non-veggie friends because it really does impress everyone!

Pros: amazing menu, food , great location
Cons: does not take bookings
Mulberry1345
Mulberry1345

Mildred's

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

Leur curry de patate douce et de noix de cajou est tout simplement le meilleur plat que j'ai jamais mangé. Mes parents et soeurs (omnivores) ont adoré malgré leur réticence initiale à manger végétalien.

Pros: Délicieux
WendyJ
WendyJ

Great Vege Restaurant.

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

A very popular Vege Restaurant. When we arrived there were no seats available and we had to wait. There isn't much space to wait but a table became available within twenty mins or so. The food was delicious, some of the staff were really friendly (one seemed frazzled and stressed) and the food came out relatively quickly considering how busy it was. The tables are VERY close to each other so don't go there if you want an intimate secluded dinner. Overall a great night out.

Pros: Great food, Efficient staff
Cons: A little cramped
millavinilla
millavinilla

Love for Mildred's

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

I've been three times now and have really enjoyed the food. Services is friendly and fun. I'm pretty obsessed with their veggie burgers. It's a bummer that you have to wait as they don't take reservations. However they do have a private dining room I reserved for my birthday this year. Really cute little space where you can play your own music through the iPod Dock. The 8 meat eater we brought along also really enjoyed the food. Highly recommend this place.

Pros: Good food, Location, Vibrant
Cons: A bit expensive
leobabauta
leobabauta

Enjoyable lunch

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

We came to Mildred's in the middle of the afternoon (about 1:30pm), pretty crowded but we got a table without a reservation. Service was slow and not too friendly.

The food was good, though. It's vegetarian but lots of vegan options. We had a vegetable Asian stir-fry with brown rice and a yellow curry that normally comes with safron rice but we had brown rice instead. The whole menu looked really good.

Definitely a recommended choice in the middle of London.

Pros: Tasty food, Healthy options
Cons: Service not friendly or fast, Crowded
henj
henj

best vegan restaurant i've been in London

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

the food is great!!! fair prices and big plates!! a big variety, the dishes are very special, I will totally come back!!

Pros: great food, fair prices
Cons: the location is little bit hard to find
MissPennyLane
MissPennyLane

nice popular restaurant, but be there early

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

...luckily we were early and did not have to wait. It seems really popular, the food is tasty and not too expensive. Would definitely recommend it

Pros: nice restaurant, great food
pefff
pefff

Get there early!

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

A friend and I visited Mildred's about a month ago. We've both been vegan for nearly a year and Mildred's was always on our bucket list! We got there around 5:15-5:30 and the restaurant was filling up very quickly. It's very small inside and HOT.

Food was delicious. We both had a burger. Sweet potato fries and the basil mayo were to die for. Basil mayo was so good I had a dreadful moment where I thought it might actually be real. For dessert I had their peanut butter brownie which was huge!
Very reasonable prices. When we left there was an enormous queue!

Pros: Delicious, Value for money, Vegan options
Cons: Hot!!!, Busy, Cramped
augellina
augellina

Delicious

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

We got there at about 8 P.M. on a Saturday and didn't have to wait at all. We were placed upstairs in a very sweet room, where it was not too loud and the food was absolutely delicious. The portions were too big for us (but we were having a starter too, so...), but really: I tasted all the other peoples dishes as well and each and everyone was just really really good!
There is quite some choice for vegans too and the vine was organic, which I appreciate a lot.
I can only recommend this place!

Pros: delicious food, vegan dishes, nice atmosphere
Cons: can get noisy
ann.marie77
ann.marie77

Love this place

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

Mildred's consistently delivers. The hardest part is figuring out what to order because everything on the menu is looks so good. Their cocktails are delicious, too. I love everything about it.

Pros: Not too loud, Friendly, attentive staff, Great menu!
Cons: Can be crowded waiting for a table
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

nice, but could be better

3 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

The place looks awesome, as the food. But I did not enjoy the taste very much. It seemed like it was missing seasoning or something. I would have to come back to check if I am just being a bad judge hehe
oh, and it is a little pricey.

frads
frads

Great place, a bit pricey

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

My husband and I went to Mildred's on a weekday afternoon and waited ten minutes to be seated. The restaurant is a decent size but very crowded. The staff was very nice, the menu very attractive and the food very delicious. I would say the prices are a bit higher than I would like but overall it's a pretty great restaurant.

Pros: Food is fantastic, Friendly Staff, Nice Ambiance
Cons: Pricey, Smaller portions, Longer waits
LaraJames
LaraJames

fun place

3 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

Mildreds is a nice pleasant place to be. Food is well done, nothing too elaborate, but good value for money. If you are looking for a laid back atmosphere place in town, this is what you'll find here. I've been there several times over the past few years, and although they are always extremely busy, they manage to keep consistent standard on food and service.
Something that not every place is able to do.

Pros: laid back environment, good value for money
Cons: some dishes have been on the menu for ev
MonicaCarten
MonicaCarten

Good food but not sure it's worth the wait

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

My husband and I enjoyed Mildred's on two occasions. The first a Saturday afternoon around 1230 was really busy and we waited about 45 min for a table, the second time we arrived around two on a Saturday and wereseated nearly immefiately. The food IS good but not so good to warrant waiting in a very cramped space in the evening as we saw when we tried to get in on friday night. We did enjoy the Asian str fry and my husband likes the pasta of the day. The tofu dumplings and sweet poato fries are tasty as well.

Pros: Lots of vegan options
Cons: Long wait most of the time even lunch
necropalice
necropalice

Good, but overrated.

2 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

This has to be one of the most overrated vegetarian restaurants in London.

There's always a long queue snaking out the door as reservations can only be made for the private room. The restaurant itself is bustling, cramped and atmospheric, but the food is just average.

I had absolutely no problems with the staff or service, but for the price (and the wait!) I expected a menu of dishes that I'd struggle to recreate at home. The portion sizes were pretty mean, but I didn't finish my plate because the dish (an olive tagine) was so bland. My friend's risotto cake wasn't much better.

If it were the only veggie restaurant in town, I'd be on it like a gin in tonic, but there's no excuse for such mediocrity in Soho.

I've been several times and I'll undoubtedly go again, but I really don't think this restaurant is worth a special trip. I keenly await the summer menu to see if my mind can be changed though.

Pros: varied menu, pleasant staff, bustling atmosphere
Cons: average food, overpriced, long waits and cramped dining room
Evguy422
Evguy422

Nice place, good service

3 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

Very cute place. Not too big, but didn't need to be. Waited with my husband for about 5-10 minutes for a table. They gave us menus to look over while we waited, which was helpful. The waiter was really nice. The food was very good, not big portions but enough. Had the bean sausages and then we split a dessert. It's a pricey place though. I know this is listed as moderate, but I'd say more like leaning towards expensive. Definitely nice to try out while on vacation, but if I lived in London think it'd be a bit too pricey for regular visits.

Pros: Good food, Nice staff, Not too long wait
Cons: High price, tight seating
ELyzab
ELyzab

lovely

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

It was busy earlier on at lunchtime, but I noticed around 2pm it was much quieter and there were a few solo diners quietly sitting and enjoying their food.
It was nice to eat somewhere and have a real choice of vegan food. I had the cashew curry which was nice and followed up with the banoffee pie which was okay. If anything I think they could be a bit more adventurous with the vegan desserts as there were only a few options and were the same things you could find anywhere.
The food was fresh and reasonably priced and I will definitely be back.

Pros: fresh food, vegan options, pleasant service
Cons: small and crowded earlier on, unadventurous dessert options
Joloco
Joloco

Quality restaurant

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

We've been to Mildred's many times and have never been disappointed. We're both vegan and there's a good range of vegan food on the menu, for all courses.

It's certainly not the cheapest place in the world, but then it is in Soho, in the heart of London. The food is worth it though, in my opinion.

Go for the mushroom and ale pie, or one of the curries, you won't be disappointed. The desserts are superb too - I'm a fan of the banoffee pie!

It's very busy between 6.30 and 9.30, so if you want to avoid queuing then get there before or after then. It's open until 11pm but we've arrived there after 10 and they've been fine with it.

Go there now!

Pros: excellent food, good location
Georgina
Georgina

Not very relaxing but amazing food, will go back!

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

I'd read that Mildred's gets very busy and you can expect to wait for a table, as you can't book. As it turned out, we were seated right away upstairs - which was good because it's a tightly-packed place and you can't really relax at the bar to wait. it's cosy with windy stairs, but a nice atmospheric place. The selection of food was excellent and the food itself was amazing (even though it came exceedingly quickly - still tasted freshly made, though!). We had four separate dishes and all of us loved them; the desserts were great - my first ever banoffee pie a definite success! We would have liked to have have a drink after dinner but it's a restaurant and very popular so the staff dissuaded us. Fair enough, I guess, just important to manage expectations. I'd definitely go back for the great food, and on to somewhere else afterwards for a drink.

Pros: Fantastic food, Brilliant desserts, Good portions
Cons: Busy, Fast service
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Excellent!

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

I tend to go to MILDREDS every time I am in London and it's always so good!!
his time we went there in the evening and as usual it was getting crowdy. The waiter told us that we needn't wait if you shared a tale with another couple which we did!
Despite all the people in the restaurant we didn't have to wait too long to get served.
We had the day burger with sweet potatoe chip and a mushroom pie (very English haha!). The food was simply delicious and portions were huge. The only regret I have is that I had eaten so much I wasn't able to taste a dessert :-(

Pros: Food, Location, Staff
dagny70
dagny70

Good food, odd experience!

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

After reading previous reviews, we came here for an early dinner on a recent visit to London. It wasn't too crowded and the staff were really nice and friendly. We shared a starter of fried veg dumplings, which was delicious. My main course, asian noodles & tofu, was also yummy. My partner found his main of pie, peas & sweet potato fries a little disappointing. The mushroom pie filling was extremely rich and there was too much puff pastry, and the sweet potato was more chunky than chip! Soft drinks seemed very expensive and I was shocked that they added their own service charge to the bill. I requested that it be taken off when I paid with my debit card, and was asked if there was a problem with the service. I advised that I like to determine my own cash tip. Maybe it's a London thing, but it really cheesed me off and soured my experience - felt like I was being bullied a little. Good food overall, but not sure if I would return. Shame.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Nice decor
Cons: Expensive soft drinks, Service charge
djmoonlight
djmoonlight

Tasty

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

decided to give Mildred's a go after being recommended by fellow vegans. I had this-

stir fried asian vegetables cooked in sesame oil and teriyaki sauce with garlic and ginger, fresh chilli and coriander served with organic brown rice, toasted cashews and marinated organic tofu

it was quite pricey at nearly £10 for just one dish but the portion was quite hearty and was delicious.
We also had some vegan icecream for dessert. The decor was nice, lovely pictures on the wall. They did put an optional service charge on the bill but we paid by card and they didn't ask us if we wanted to pay for the optional charge and just included it in anyway..(we were going to pay it anyway but would have been nice to be asked)

Pros: tasty, good size portions, nice restaurant
Cons: pricey, service charge not so optional?, staff not particuarly friendly
Rosa and Joe
Rosa and Joe

One of the best places in central London

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

Really good burgers, pies, sausages and mash etc. The salads look good too. Less strong on curries (go to Rasa in Stoke Newington!) and north African food (I had a baby aubergine tagine which was very dull and included only one baby aubergine). Although the gyoza starter was good. Vegan cheesecake is one of the best we've had. Nice atmosphere although it's a bit crowded - if you ask they normally let you sit upstairs which is quieter.

MuK-UK
MuK-UK

I love Millie's...

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

Millie's is my favourite restaurant in the UK. I have eaten here for years (since it was at it's previous venue in fact) and I have always had an excellent meal. It can be crowded and busy, but is generally nice and quiet outside peak times.

Pros: Sweet potato fries., Excellent food, fair prices., Interesting staff.
Cons: Can be busy and crowded.
JMarin
JMarin

Wonderfull

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

Wonderfull, just wonderfull

Pros: Food, Food Apresentation, Staff
Cons: i live hundreds of kms away
Guest

Great veggie spot in central London!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2012

My husband and I ate here yesterday for dinner and it is by far the best veggie restaurant in London that we have tried so far!

Not at all 'alternative', like so many London based veggie restaurants, Mildred's serves up delicious, fresh meals with speed and charm.

The chocolate truffle dessert was out of this world!

I wouldn't hesitate to bring my non-veg*n friends and family here.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly and fast service
s_k_
s_k_

One of the best

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2012

Delightful restaurant in the heart of Soho. Great menu with rotating
specials, excellent service staff. The free wifi is a nice bonus.
Always one of my favorites in London. The restaurant can get a bit
crowded, cramped, and noisy, but hey, you're in Soho!

Pros: food, presentation, easy access
Cons: a bit pricey
Glenys
Glenys

Highly recommended!!

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

I've been here 3 times in the last month and everything I've eaten has been delicious. My favourites are the mushroom and porcini pie and the chocolate and raspberry vegan truffle cake. On all the occasions I've visited I've arrived early so haven't had to wait at all. It does get full up quickly (by 1 at lunchtime and 6 for dinner). The staff were friendly, helpful and polite. The atmosphere is laid back and trendy. A great place for vegans as there is plenty to choose from. Highly recommended.

Pros: tasty vegan choices, chilled atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: none
Tara HD
Tara HD

Very good burger

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

I ate there in August 2011. I had a burger and liked it a lot. Would go there again.

Pros: good burger
Veganessent
Veganessent

Mmmmmildreds!

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2012

I really love this place. It's soooo cozy, great service. A wait is normal - but worth it! Portions are very hearty indeed. Mushroom & Ale pie with fat chips & mushy peas. Nuff said!

Pros: Yummy
veganmiss
veganmiss

Favorite

5 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2011

For starters, I had the special vegan salad, the quinoa salad. It was really good! For my entree, I decided to try something British - mixed mushroom, porcini, and ale pie served with fries and mushy peas. Mmm! For dessert, I had a real chocolate-y delight: raspberry chocolate truffle. Mildreds is one of my favorite places to go when I'm in London.

For a complete review, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2010/10/vegan-london-part-three.html

fearless
fearless

Hip and happening

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2011

Had a trendy vibe with really good food - this was reflected by the fact that we had to line up for 20-30minutes on a Monday. It was a bit frustrating having to stay and stand while waiting but in the end it was worth the wait. We recommend to try the gyoza dumplings, they were fantastic! You got value for money with healthy portions for the price you paid.

Pros: great food, good value for money
Cons: line up (had to stay while waiting)
darrenmasters
darrenmasters

good food but thats it

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

This was the first veggie place I went to in London, the food in generally is good, burger of the day is yum as is the mushroom pie, but sometimes the food is a bit heavy here and feels greasy. The puddings are amazing. However as others have said, its cramped, you have to wait on average 40 mins with no where good to wait and its very noisy.

Pros: puddings, mushroom pie, wine list
Cons: noise, cramped, rude staff
bovinelover
bovinelover

Wonderful - but generally very noisy!

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

Just wonderful food, as others have said - we come here time and again .it's not so nice as their previous place, tho'. The main problem is queuing and perhaps nowhere to sit whilst you queue and the noise levels - there is hard flooring and hard wall and ceiling surfaces... and once one table starts talking loudly, everyone else has to as well... so it just gets worse. Often better in the middle of the afternoon. Fabulous, fabulous desserts - and so many are vegan!

Pros: food - glorious, very central
Cons: noise, queuing..
veganaurora
veganaurora

Mushroom and ale pie brings me back here

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

Although Mildreds is cramped and the staff are sometimes variable in temperament, I still always end up back here because they do a really good mushroom and ale pie with flaky pastry and mushy peas. They used to serve it with vegan garlic mayonnaise - you have to ask for it now but it's worth it as it goes deliciously with the thick, crispy potato wedges that come with the pie. The veggie burger here is also usually pretty good. It's often very busy at this place but the pie keeps me coming back.

Pros: Mushroom pie usually delicious, Funky atmosphere
Cons: Can get busy and squashed in
maggiecotton
maggiecotton

Nice Place

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2011

This is a good veggie place, prices reasonable, food not gourmet, but tasty. Service and atmosphere really good. Lots of vegan choices. The seating is a bit tight but it is usually really busy which is a good sign of good food.

Pros: reasonable, tasty, vegan choice
Cons: not much space
loira
loira

Wonderful restaurant in central London!

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2011

I've been to this restaurant with 6 people and only two were vegan. The place is very nice and also very crowded. They dont'n accept reservation. When you enter, the girl says you how long you have to wait and she write your name in a notebook. Then, she call you when the table is free. You have to wait inside the restaurant. But the wait is pleasant! the food is delicious, fresh and cooked at the time. the staff is very frendly and polity. Serving vegan and vegetarian. You must try their sweet! We will came back the next trip to London with my husband!

Pros: fresh product, suitable for coeliacs, healthy cooking
Cons: a little expensive, but you it's london!
margypargy
margypargy

Hearty veggie food - but cramped!

3 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2011

Mildreds has survived over the years because it provides hearty portions of tasty veggie food. Last time I went the burger was greasy and there wasn't a decent choice of vegan pud, but on a previous occasion I had lovely noodles and a great choc/coffee cake. As others have said the service can be iffy and the restaurant is ridiculously cramped, but sitting on other people's knees has become part of the Mildred's brand by now. It wouldn't be the same if there was enough room to eat with your elbows out!

Pros: Good portion size, Have good puds - not always, Reasonably priced
Cons: Service iffy, Cramped , Bit up themselves
bibamatt
bibamatt

Excellent, excellent food - tiny place.

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

First of all - the food here is excellent. It arrived quickly and the standard was impeccable. We both had an amazing mushroom pie with real chunky fries and pies. Desserts were equally impressive. The downside to Mildred's is that it's tiny and cramped and YOU CANNOT BOOK A TABLE. We went down at about half-seven on a Tuesday night and waited for about 45 minutes for a table for two. You must leave time to wait.

One of the best meals i've eaten, however. I wish they'd expand!

Pros: Incredible food, Food served quickly., Excellent staff
Cons: TINY TINY, Waited for 45 mins for a table, Cramped
davey_miles
davey_miles

Arrogant and rude

2 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2010

Reserved the private room in advance, but was conveniantly given to a larger party a week before our special event. The staff were rude and gave no apology for this and still refused to give us the room after admitting their error. Ruined what was to be a very special evening. We will never ever visit this place again.

Pros: Good location
Cons: Rude, Arrogant
Laura-Joy
Laura-Joy

Great Vegan Food!!

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2010

I absolutely love this place. When ever I go into town with a close friend or member of family I take them to Mildred's. It's a nice classy place and the food is fantastic, great selection for vegans. Bill does mount up but that's because I always end up having a 3 course meal as the foods so good  Soup of the day and the dumpling starters are amazing. For the main meal I always end up going for the Burger of the day as it never disappoints. Have also tried the pie and mushy peas and the tofu broth  As for the puddings, absolutely amazing! The blackcurrant and vanilla cheesecake and fruit crumble are fantastic. So great to go somewhere that does tasty mouth watering VEGAN deserts. They also do a great selection of vegan drinks and is nice to go to a restaurant and have a glass of vegan wine. A few down sides would be some that it very busy in the evening and the tables are small and quite close together so you overhear other peoples conversations. Also some of the staff can be a bit moody.

Pros: Great Vegan Selection, Excellent Food
Cons: Tables too close together, Staff
KATIE H
KATIE H

GREAT FOOD AND INTERESTING STAFF

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2009

i love mildreds been eating here years and the service has never changed, rude, full of attitude and moody but but but its a charm now after all these years i expected it and am never disappointed. saying that some of the waiters/waitresses are lovely. spanish guy and girl and tall short haired tattooed chick are ace. the rest need charm school quick :)
food is always amzing good portions, nice flavours and fairly priced. i really do love this place its a wonder they haven't expanded as there is always a que after 7pm. great vegan cheesecake and the burger of the day is always tasty. many vegan choices. real yummy great food.

Pros: good choice, great vegan cheese cake, burger of the day
Cons: some staff, small tables, noisey @ peak times
DJK
DJK
  • non-vegetarian

Great restaurant....central location.....

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2009

Our family of 6 didn't have time to wait an hour for a table, so we ordered our dinner to go from this very highly recommended restaurant in SOHO. The service staff was great and very helpful and the dishes were outstanding! No complaints, just expect to wait since they don't take reservations and this restaurant is extremely popular.

Pros: Great food, Great location, Great service
Cons: Wait can be long
endlessblockade
endlessblockade

good food. rubbish staff

2 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2009

Food was good, and after finishing main meal decided to have desert and coffee. Plates were cleared away and we sat expecting the desert menu or at least the bill. After 20 minutes of waiting and being totally ignored, even after making eye contact with a waiter, we decided to go elsewhere.
Having paid the bill and left I noticied on the receipt an 'optional service charge', which clearly was not optional as they did not ask and I did not know I had paid it. Had I genuinely been given the option I would NOT have tipped that much/at all, considering the lousy service did not deserve it.
The food was good, but the service was awful. Would not go back.

Pros: food
Cons: service
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Not for the healthy, only detox salad and quinoa

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2009

We tried to see if they could healthy vegan up a few dishes but no luck so we ended up with an oil free quinoa plate, which wasn't bad we ended up ordering another one. They have really good vegan booze and the place has a fun crowded atmosphere. Just keep your eyes closed if you're approaching it from the north, they have a sick neighbor who hangs dead animals in the window.

Pros: freedom beer, lively
Bettina
Bettina

Highly recommended!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2009

One of the best veg restaurants I've been to altogether. Would recommend at any time! Inventive and tasty food. Both starter and main course was excellent.

Lucylu
Lucylu

Mixed Food/ Mixed Staff!

2 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

I've eaten in Mildred's many times. I took my non-vegan family who were not impressed from the surly staff, to the caterpilla in my brother's salad!

Apart from on my last visit, the staff are dreadful. They are more concerned with entertaining themselves. Maybe they have a competiton on how rude they can be to the customers. To be candid, the only reason I come back here is the lack of other vegan friendly restaurants in the area. Bring on some competition!

I do generally like the food. The portion sizes are generous, but it's a bit pedestrian!

One thing: the last time I ate there, we sat in the front and it's a lot quieter! Own waiter was a real sweety too - I think he must have been on loan from somewhere else where they value their customers and enjoy their jobs!!!

Pros: Mainly tasty food
Cons: Dreadful Staff, Overcrowded, Expensive for what it is
Grace15
Grace15

Mildreds

2 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

I really don't know how to rate this place. I've never been somewhere where, aside from a couple of them, the staff have been so consistently miserable/rude and made me feel so awkward! I asked one of them if they had any vinegar and she stared at me for a few seconds, then just handed it me without so much as a smile. Their prices have gone up again, making their food quite expensive for what it is, and the place is always crowded and cramped. If it wasn't for the fact that some of their food really is delicious, I wouldn't go back, because rude staff and high prices just aren't really worth it.

Pros: amazing truffle cake, yummy mushroom pie
Cons: rude staff, high prices, poor value for money
louis
louis

Soho delight

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2009

Yes, there's the tables are close together but the place is cute and there's a pleasant, buzzy atmosphere. If there are no tables you can have a drink and wait in small bar area at front of the restaurant.

Varied choice on menu, from classic comfort fayre such as the mixed mushroom, porcini and ale pie served with fries and mushy peas to lighter options such as tagines and asian stir fries.

I opted for the aforementioned mushroom pie and chose well. The pie chips and peas were hearty and tasty. Lovely plum crumble with custard afterwards.I'd definitely return.

Pros: tasty food, central location, various vegan desserts
Jemima
Jemima

Think Deluxe Diner or Alright Restaurant

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2009

Poss next to some sort of butcher shop. The last time I walked past there were pig legs hung decoratively? in the front window of the next door shop.
It's a small place like loads of places in Soho are. They utilize all the space they can it seems. There is a bar in the front as you enter which we found difficult to reach as the queue for seating was obscuring it. Tables are very close together and there were people eating up against the windows near the entrance. A conversation will be shared with four to six people depending on how many neighbouring tables there are to you. Tables are mainly two person.
Decor is pleasant with low lighting.
There is a bustling vibe with all the people there and the waitstaff powering around. If you want a long drawn out/ intimate meal find an alternative place.

The menu is mostly various Western with some East Asian influenced options.
I had the gyoza dumplings to start and the asian vegetables with rice. The dumplings were ok. The main smelled absolutely scrumptiously, spellbinding! After that it seemed a bit tasteless.
Desserts looked good however didn't try any.
Perfunctory service, the staff were obviously very busy.

At about ₤35 for starter, mains and drinks for two, value was fine.

Pros: Decent menu w wine list, good location
Cons: very crowded, staff very busy, vibe to hustle
Paulie10022
Paulie10022

Whever I'm back in London ...

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2008

I always make a point to stop by this wonderful restaurant. Love the tasty and satisfying offerings, which stomp all over the majority of somewhat bland offerings in many US vegetarian restaurants.

It's true that some of the wait staff can be a little less than friendly - in my 10 or so visits, I can't actually recall anyone ever asking me if the food was OK or if I needed anything and it's often a problem getting their attention. Still, the food and value for money more than make up for it.

Pros: Great food, reasonable prices, Sticky toffee pudding!
Cons: Blase staff
vegan sunshine
vegan sunshine

Good food

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

At first, my boyfriend and I sat down and looked at a menu, but we really wanted something to go. We asked the server for a to-go menu and he told us we would have to exit the restaurant, and walk two doors down to Ms. ________'s (I think it's Marengo's or something). They had the same menu, only it was all take-away and about two pounds cheaper per entree! We took it back to our hotel for dinner and it was delectable. Choose take-away, save money!

Pros: take- away, burrito, portion size
marybheine
marybheine

Mildreds was our savior

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

We arrived hot-footing it from a disaster of an aborted attempt to visit the neighboring vegetarian dessert, Beatroot" a few blocks away. The charming waitress welcomed us with open arms, instructing us to wait a few minutes to get our own table, and not share it with strangers. We each had the daily burger, loving that we also ordered the sweet potato fries. Yes, it was overly loud inside, they need some kind of sound-proofing in there, to absorb the sound. All the waiters were very kind, especially when I'd sincerely ask,"Can you turn down the noise in here"? They all agreed that it was way too noisy in there. I can see how that grates on their nerves night after night. Noise pollution at its worse. Dessert was the chocolate raspberry torte, a vegan dessert, but too chocolately towards the end. You can also just order one scoop of ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Dinner with tip was 37 pounds.

Pros: Good location, Great menu selection, Sweet potato fries
Cons: Too noisy...shhhhhh, No celebrity sightings, Bathrooms not that clean
sta2ned
sta2ned

Mildred's is a must whenever in London

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2008

I almost didn't try Mildreds because of the poor service reviews I read but I was thankful I gave them a chance. I prefer transparent, good service in a professional and timely manner and thats what I got. I did not notice anyone else receiving poor service during my two recent visits.
On my first visit I started with the soup of the day, Carrot lentil, a very generous portion of a hearty pureed bowl served with 2 delicious house made breads. Next I had the Burger of the day, carrot, cumin & bean servered with thick, tasty (not greasy) steak fries with basil mayo on the side, there was an option for sweet potato fries and mozzarella cheese at additional cost. It was topped with fresh field greens and relish. Timing between coarses was perfect. Food was delicious. My only minor complaint would be the short bottled beer list. There was an excellent selection of wine. Do not let the poor service reviews scare you off. The food was fabulous! The restaurant does fill up fast at prime eating hours. Arrive early for fast seating.

Pros: Excellent food, Good service
Cons: Short beer list
Helenw
Helenw

My favourite veggie place in London

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2008

I have been to Mildred's many times and the food has never disappointed me. They do a wonderful white chocolate cheesecake which I will always have if it is on the menu. It can get very busy and unfortunately you cannot book a table so either arrive early or wait in the bar area with a few drinks until a table comes free. I have not personally experianced any rudeness from the staff in here as mentioned in some other reviews and have always found them to friendly enough just a little bit rushed due to how busy it is.

Pros: Excellent food, Changing menu
Cons: Busy, Small, Unable to book a table
camerongreen
camerongreen

Great Central Restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2008

Mildred's is the best vegetarian restaurant in Soho, and is also the nicest veggie setting in Soho, especially when compared to the other take away style options. It is a bit short on space like every place in Soho, but not overly so.

The food is great, I've been there many times, it never disappoints, and is often wonderful. I've had great tarragon sausages in mash with amazing gravy, porcini mushroom pie, and a few other delicious dishes.

Great place to take a date, impress non veggies, or find something good in central London.

They don't take bookings (well they have a seperate room seating 24 you have to book at once) which is a pain if you want to organise a night out. Basically you go there and ask for a table, and they are usually busy and give you a time to come back. In Soho that's not so bad as there are plenty of places to get a pint in the meantime, such as the John Snow a few doors down which has vegan beers.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food, Cocktails
Cons: No booking, Busy, Little cramped
cimonbee
cimonbee

Terrible

2 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2008

I would avoid this place like the plague. Ive been several times and OK the food is nice and there's quite a varied menu (if you like salad). But this doesn't excuse the consistent rudeness from the staff, who treat any request as if you've interupted their busy life. The food is also not cheap but not unreasonable. However to top it all they add a service charge (obviously knowing they won't get a tip) and are extremely reluctant to remove it. While the food is OK and the venue cosy (some would say overcrowded) the atrocious contempt the staff have for customers means I will never go back. Id rate it one if I could!

Pros: ok food
Cons: staff, service charge, overcrowded
vegan girl 24
vegan girl 24

mixed

3 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2007

i was so excited for this place after reading the reviews. however, my family and i were a little disappointed. the staff were terribly unfriendly-glaring at us for every word we said, not serving us at all really. we got the artichoke crostini which was fabulous-the spread it is served with is tasty. i got the ale mushroom pie with mushy peas which was delicious. my brother had the burger of the day which he liked and my dad had the burrito which wasn't that good. for dessert we got the apple/apricot crumble with custard on the side. the custard was fantastic. one of the best things i have had in a while. however, the boys left still feeling hungry, which was surprising with such a high bill. add that to the bad service and we didn't have the best experience.

Pros: tasty choices
Cons: unfriendly service, left hungry
comida
comida

Lovely vegan cheesecake

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2007

This place was recommended to me by a vegan friend and an ex-vegetarian acquaintance. I had the ale pie with the mushy peas and chips. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed mushy peas, even if it was a bit on the salty side. My boyfriend had the burger of the day, which was made with red beans. Both mains were incredibly good. The waitresses seemed rushed off their feet, but they weren't unfriendly like the other reviewers have mentioned. Maybe it's because we went quite early for lunch, and they weren't very full yet. At any rate, their ginger tofu cheesecake with rhubarb compote was simply heavenly.

Pros: Convenient location, Take out available, Daily specials
Cons: Tables too close together
SeegZ
SeegZ

Very enjoyable, friendly environment

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2007

Following the recommendation of many Vegetarians on various Web sites, my wife and I recently visited the excellent Mildred's Vegetarian restaurant in Soho. The place was packed, but we only had to wait for a table for a couple of minutes Not bad for one of Soho's busiest eateries. Mildred's is a clean and simple no frills restaurant with tightly packed tables, but it has a great atmosphere and excellent food. I had the mixed mushroom, porcini and ale pie served with mushy peas and fries - my wife had the burger of the day with fruit relish and basil mayo served with leaf salad and fries. The hard working staff ensured we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Pros: Good food, Hard working staff, Very reasonably priced
Cons: Very close seating

Good Food, Bad Service

3 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

I've been here several times and it's always the same. OK to Good food, burgers are nice,sausages good, sweet potato fries great. Desserts good, always something for vegans. Unfortunately the design and the staff let it down. There is clearly something wrong with the management here, the staff are almost always miserable, unhelpful and slow.

Pros: good food
Cons: poor design (cramped), terrible staff
Saddler
Saddler

One of the best in London

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2007

Mildred's may not (quite) offer the best vegetarian food in London but it is one of the best places to eat. As the other reviews say, there is no booking and it can get very busy but, in a way, that's part of the fun and it does mean there is a lively atmosphere and, personally, I like to be in restaurants with people enjoying themselves. The menu is varied though does not change much with time and the food is well presented and tasty. And, as someone else has mentioned, it is a pleasure to find a choice of vegan desserts. Not to be missed if you are in London and vegetarian.

Pros: Ambience, Good food, Vegan desserts
Cons: No booking, Can be crowded
MrFalafel
MrFalafel

Great food but too crowded

4 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2007

Mildred's have a no booking policy and is very small so its not uncommon to wait. Arriving at 6:30pm I thought I'd beat the crowd but was wrong and had to wait a few minutes for a table which was very small and cheek-by-jowl with another table. Service is very friendly and efficient and I got my order very quickly. The food almost made up for the braying yuppies that inhabited most of the tables around me. The grilled artichoke crostinis were fabulous as was the sausge and mash. Rather pricey but on par with other Soho restaurants. If I could get the food in a larger restaurant or be able to book a table I would consider going back.

Pros: Excellent food, great service
Cons: Small, crowded, braying yuppies
KelseyApple
KelseyApple

good times

5 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2006

This restaurant was small and crowded but had a good atmosphere and good service. The meal was delicious (sweet potato fries was a tasty twist) and the value was on par with what you would expect to pay in Soho. Vegan desserts were very good as well. Six of us dined and all were impressed.

Pros: good food, good value, good vegan desserts
Cons: wait time for tables, crowded
marcstevens
marcstevens

Decent food, good for star spotting

3 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2006

Have been to Mildred's for several lunchtime meals over past year or so, always enjoy it (ale & something pie is great, mushy peas less so); agree with other reviewers that it's sometimes hard to get staff attention - very busy and noisy at lunchtimes. We've always seen familiar, sometimes famous faces there, as it's in the TV/Film/Show land of Soho, so if star spotting is your bag, go for that too!

Pros: Good food, Handy location, Famous faces
Cons: Noisy, Crowded tables
Stevie
Stevie

Mildred's, London

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

I haven't been myself but my niece raves about the food in this place. She gives it 5 out of 5 for food tastiness. Centrally located also

Pros: Tasty food, central location

Dear Owner and Manager of Mildred's: