Serves meat, veg options available. Mikos is extremely vegan-friendly and has vegan sushi and some other vegan dishes - it's the only Japanese place in town that offers many types of vegan sushi rolls and variations. Has Haiga rice and a veg menu with many choices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg
500 E Windmill Ln Ste 165 (E of Bermuda)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
702-823-2779

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by VegasVegan
kzollman
kzollman

Exceptional veggie sushi

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

This place is absolutely wonderful! The chef clearly put significant thought into how to create new, different, tasty, and diverse vegetarian sushi. Some of them sounded odd, with combinations of sweet and savory ingredients, but ended up very good.

While I love sushi, I often grow tired of the same old traditional options. This chef has thought outside the box and developed some real winners.

Pros: Many options, Very creative, Reasonable prices
Cons: Cheap decor
vegan frog
vegan frog

Yey vegan sushi!!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

A great change from the usual avocado rolls that we usually eat... The owner was super helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about vegan food. He made lots of suggestion and knew how everything was made.
The food was really good, and different. He checked on us to make sure it was to our taste and he seemed to really care about the veggie menu. In fact we didn't have to ask about the veggie menu when we sat down, he offered it straight away. I would go there again when in Vegas for sure even though it;s a little out of the way from downtown.

Pros: vegan sushi, great service and advice
Niffer5000
Niffer5000

Veg Sushi

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

Awesome. That's all that really needs to be said about Mikos. I have tried almost all of thier rolls, Udon, Ramen and it was all delicious. My favorite is the Popeye The Sailor Man Roll and Udon, most of which goes home with me for lunch the next day. My co-workers are always jealous.
I love the staff here, always very friendly, great service. So grateful to have Mikos in Vegas!

Pros: Food, Staff, Service

stef42678
stef42678

Vegetarian Sushi

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

I absolutely love this place because it has a whole section on the menu of vegan and vegetarian sushi. I have tried several of the rolls and they are made with fresh vegetables and taste so good. For an appetizer try the edamame. For dinner, the sushi rolls are great and there are also noodles and ramen with vegetables and savory sauces. This is a great restaurant to not only enjoy sushi, but also love the fresh veggie ingredients.

Pros: Vegetarian menu
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Awesome

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2010

We went to Miko's based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. It's worth the drive out there. We asked for the veg menu right away and he asked if we were vegan. He was very conscientious about ensuring all our items were indeed vegan. The owner is super friendly and we chatted the whole time with him about all sorts of things.

We shared the Gomoku-Yaki Udon and Miko's Special. Both were excellent and the special had lots of variety (he even pointed each item to us in comparison to the menu). We had the tempura bananas for dessert. Amazing! In addition, Dirk had a traditional hot sake and I had a lychee sake and a raspberry sake (he ran out of the lychee, so I only got charged a third of the price). They were like fruit juice, so very dangerous. ;-) He offered us the Hawaiian roll on the house to try. It was very unique. The crunchiness of the veggies in contrast to the sweetness of the pineapple and coconut sauce were a delight, but definitely order it as a dessert sushi.

Even though they close on Sundays at 10pm, customers kept coming in after that and he served all of them. Many were regulars. Great service. He also mentioned that he created the veg menu to differentiate himself and he's trying to get regular customers to try the veggie versions of the regular sushi. He knew all about Happy Cow and I told him I was gonna write a review. Definitely go support this place!

Pros: separate veg menu, great owners, unique
Cons: serves fish
serenacarey
serenacarey

Vegetarian Sushi!!!

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2010

When I went to place my order, the owner sat down with me and went over the vegetarian menu....I recently had to go gluten-free and he went over which rolls do not have soy sauce added to them. He was patient and SO helpful! We had the gobo roll (yummy...one of my all time favorites), Hawaiian roll (this was really different...sweet, great flavors...pineapple made it a little too acidicy, I might have used mango instead), spicy tarro root roll (wasn't spicy...was perfect!), and the veggie California roll (same as a veggie roll). I can't wait to go back and try some more rolls...what a GREAT find for vegans in Las Vegas (and those visiting!!!).

Pros: Vegan sushi, friendly and helpful staff, Great food
Cons: Wish it was on the West Side of town, Some of the rolls are a little pricey
veganhope
veganhope

The veg. menu is 5 stars!

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2010

My husband and I were in Vegas for only a few days, and ended up eating here 2 times. It is the best vegan sushi we've had, and that is saying a lot, we travel full time around the country and we've had a lot of vegan sushi. Actually, I take that back, I am not sure what we've had at other places can even qualify as sushi anymore, after eating here.
We tried a few different things - my husband had the 'age tofu roll with miso sauce' he said it's perfect. He also had agadashi tofu - also perfect. We had edamame - which normally I wouldn't write about, but they put black pepper on it, and it's awesome. I had a Hawaiian roll which was like a pina-colada - if you can imagine that, it was unbelievable.. The next night I had the Popeye roll - also amazing. We tried the Inari and the Tempeh bananas - you must try these!
We talked to to the owner, he was passionate about food and about sushi, he went through great lengths to create a perfect veg-friendly menu, and it shows. When you are in Vegas, make this one of your stops.

Pros: Staff, Perfect Sushi, Creative
Cons: none, none , none!
JakeInTheBox
JakeInTheBox

Finally! Vegan Sushi!!!

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2009

Went here with my parents while in town for a the marathon as they like sushi and I had heard they had vegan options. The food was so good! The rolls were more creative than just the usual sad carrots and avocados. Also, their separate vegetarian menu has plenty of delicious entrees as well. And my meat eating parents thought the fish was amazing.

Highly recommended for mixed groups. Try the agetofu roll. It's fantastic!!! Also, the staff is super friendly.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, excellent food
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

What happened in Vegas SHOULD NOT stay in Vegas

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2009

Especially, when I found this AUTHENTIC Japanese restaurant with a separate and large VEGETARIAN menu. Oh boy, what a treasure we found! Most Japanese restaurants or sushi bars are owned and operated by Koreans and they are NOT authentic. These kind of restaurants also don't have anything vegetarian in the menu. NOT Miko's! The owners (Miko and Greg) and chefs are Japanese so the food is Japanese and not Koreanized. They have a SEPARATE vegetarian menu. Ask for the vegetarian menu when you order. They also know what VEGAN means. The tempura batter (no egg) is made fresh on site while you are waiting. So if the food takes a bit longer, you know why. The waiting was worth it. YUM YUM YUM tempura! Crispy, not oily, and fresh! Say no more! I also ordered Miko's Special on top of it! Yeah, delicious combo meal! I ordered Vegan Sukiyaki. Wow! Steaming hot and served in a hot flat crock! So goood and authentic and it's a healthy meal! My husband ordered several different kinds of vegan sushi and was very satisfied with the freshness and deliciousness of them. It seems that we pigged out (well maybe we did ) but we didn't eat all these items in one sitting. We went there more than once while we were in Las Vegas area. We wish that Miko's move to Orange County where we live. There were items we wanted to try but running out of time.

You'll need a car since this restaurant is not on the strip. However, it is worth the drive and the price of meals you will spend at Miko's comparing with all the money you'll spend in a casino's restaurant with little vegan/vegetarian options. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to take pictures of the dishes.

Pros: authentic, healthy, veg menu
Cons: far from home , need a car
ElaineVigneault
ElaineVigneault

taro root roll is to die for

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2009

Get Greg's Special Roll. It's fantastic!

Pros: Greg's Special Roll, vegetarian section on menu, reasonably priced
Cons: serves fish and other dead animals, small, strip mall atmosphere, TVs on the wall
kimberly_83
kimberly_83

great sushi!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

I went to Miko's with my bf when we were in Vegas this weekend. I didn't ask for the vegetarian menu (I don't know why not) but I did order from the veg section of the menu. The owner wandered by and asked me if I'm vegetarian, and I said yes, so he asked if I'm vegan, and I said that actually yes, I am, and he admonished me for not asking for the vegetarian menu. He even knew about this site, and told me to check it out to find info about restaurants. (Where do you think I found out about Mikos??)
anyway, the sushi I ate was very good, and my vegetarian bf really liked his sushi, too! We are going back there ASAP, and recommend it to everyone we know in who's going to/ lives in Vegas! The staff and owners are very knowledgeable about a vegan diet, so ask them any questions you may have about the menu!

Pros: knowledgeable staff , awesome food, friendly staff
sangiyer
sangiyer

Vegan/Veg Sushi, Noodles, Curry Rice, Tempura

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2009

The food here was really good. The chef uses an eggless tempura batter and uses vegan dressing on the sushi when called for. We enjoyed the ramen noodles made with veg broth. We are so happy to have such a large menu to choose from. The owner was very friendly and we'll def make this one of our regular haunts!

Pros: vegan sushi, vegan tempura, nice people
Cons: none!
VegasVegan
VegasVegan

Super Vegan Sushi!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2009

Really cool place. They know what the term vegan means! A whole vegetarian menus just for us! everything there is traditional and super fresh. Not to mention Yuuummmy :D

Pros: vegan menu available, Healthy, fresh

Dear Owner and Manager of Mikos Izakaya Sushi: