Coffeehouse and vegetarian cafe. Offering a daily changing lunch set from 12-4pm which includes soup, a main course, plus salad. Other items include veggie burgers and salads. Dinner is 6-10pm. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Latvian, Western, Beer/Wine
10 Lacplesa Street (Brivibas Street)
Riga, Latvia
+371-26775490

Open Mon 8:30am-9pm, Tue-Wed 8:30am-11pm, Thur-Fri 8:30am-12am, Sat 11am-late.

First Review by veggieriga
veroaero
veroaero

Vegan pancakes!

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

This cafe/bike shop has some amazing pancakes on weekends. We were lucky to visit a day when they served vegan spinach pancakes, and they were fantastic!

It might be hard to always find vegan options, but if you are in the neighborhood I'd recommend you stop by to check if they serve any vegan dishes that day.

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Nice staff, Bikes!
Cons: There are not always vegan dishes
veggiebreeze
veggiebreeze

Not for vegans

2 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

I stopped in to inquire about the menu. First of all, whether there is food beyond coffee and cakes is a hit-and-miss proposition. But even when there is food, it is not really geared towards vegans. Better to eat at Raw Garden or Rama, both within a few blocks.

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Unpredictable food availability, Very limited for vegans

inaina
inaina

Great food, great staff!

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

There was no vegan alternative on the menu, but the chef offered to veganise the main course. I got a big, fantastic meal, and it was cheap as well.

Pros: Staff, Food, Cake
Gudrun
Gudrun

A good laugh

3 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

When traveling with a "regular" group I usually go to veg restaurants on my own. This time about eight people of our group, all non-vegetarians, decided to join me for dinner because they were interested to have some different food. Some of them even wanted to try going vegan for once.

Our guide selected "Miit Coffee" which I had not visited yet. After I heard we would go here I passed by to inquire about vegan options. I was told there would be a chef in the evening who would make a vegetarian and a vegan dish. Everything looked fine.

While we went to that place our guide told me that the people in the restaurant seemed to be quite confused when he contacted them and mentioned people wanted to try vegan food. But they wanted to offer some selection for us. Sounded a bit odd, but ok. When we arrived we got all kinds of raw ingredients for salad in different dishes or on trays. Like: piles of green salad leafs, cut radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes, strawberries, nuts plus some diced cheese for those who did not want to eat completely vegan. No dressing. We were supposed to take what we wanted and mix in on our plates. Someone asked me if it was THAT I eat every day, being a vegan.

We also got some sort of toasted sandwiches with mushrooms on top, some with cheese and some without. This was the only warm part of the dinner.

To look at the bright side, the vegetables were fresh, there was good organic wine, the place was cozy and special and the staff very friendly. We had a good laugh, too.

I guess this is really a great place for vegetarians. For vegans not so much, unless you love "rabbit food" (that is what biased people in the country where I live think vegans eat)...

Pros: friendly staff, nice decoration + atmosphere, probably good for vegetarians
Cons: not too much for vegans
veggieriga
veggieriga

Delicious vegetarian food

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

Delicious soups, salads and entrees. The spinach lunch is especially good but every day it is something different. The soups are very filling and unlike many soups in Latvia, they are not broth based with a few vegetables but rather are American style such as carrot soup or broccoli soup, etc. They are very warm and filling. This place is a must for all vegetarians.

They also have a lot of information about bicycling but if you don't care about it, you can just go for the delicious vegetarian food and coffee. But if you are interested in improving your health and saving money on commuting costs, you can ask here about how to get started commuting by bicycling. It is much easier to do than it sounds and aside for the initial cost which if you buy a used bike is fairly low, saves quite a bit of money vs taking the bus and in many cases is faster. One might think you can't commute in the winter by bicycle but some people do and here they can provide tips for you on how to do that.

I read in a magazine about how this cafe received some help in the form of grants and low interest loans to open this cafe. It was really very inspiring because one might assume people opening businesses are able to do so because they are rich or have rich parents but that article made me realize that even people without such advantages can open businesses.

Pros: fantastic food, friendly staff, great environment

Dear Owner and Manager of MiiT: