Miguel's Mexican Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers two vegan filling choices for many items: seasoned soy meat and seasoned tofu. Has Daiya cheese and vegan sour cream -- ask for them. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by TunnelMojo
VeganAimee18
VeganAimee18

Miguel's Restaurant is very accommodating!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

My family and I frequent Miguel's Restaurant and they're always very accommodating to my vegan needs. They have many dishes with beans and vegetables including burritos and other dishes easy to make vegan. If you love spicy food, they don't have a huge variety of spicy sauces but the food in general is fresh and delicious. They have vegan cheese and fresh produce so I always feel comfortable eating their food. The restaurant can be a little cold sometimes, so bring a sweater when you eat there! Although I'm also sure the staff would be happy to adjust the temperature if you ask. Overall a delicious and clean restaurant with a fun environment and a great interior design!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, large portions
Cons: can be cold inside
LeslieLinder
LeslieLinder

great option in bangor

4 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

they focus on local, fresh produce in all their dishes and the fact that they offer vegan sour cream and cheese as well as tofu and gimme lean so this makes it a easy compromise resteraunt if you are eating out with ovo-lactos or meat eaters. you have to make sure the beans or other fillings are vegan. some staff are more knowledgable than others, but they are friendly.

Pros: options for vegans across the menu, variety, local produce
Cons: some staff don't know how to veganize , can be crowded/slow, a bit pricey
TunnelMojo
TunnelMojo

Amazing Vegan Mexican Food!

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

Miguel's is by far my favorite Mexican restaurant (and this includes the ones I've been to in my hometown of Los Angeles). They are incredibly vegan friendly, totally accommodating to food allergies, and their wait staff are absolutely the best. You can get a choice of two different vegan fillings on almost any plate on the menu - gimme lean soy crumbles or seasoned tofu (I prefer the gimme lean by far). You can also order vegan cheese (Daiya) and vegan sour cream (Tofutti) in place of the dairy options. However, these choices are not indicated on the menu, but just ask the server for it and they'll be happy to do the substitution. There are a few plates that are a little expensive, but in my opinion totally worth it. My favorite plate is the vegetable fajitas. Soy grounds with peppers and onions, guacamole, vegan sour cream, vegan Daiya cheese, I always choose the vegan black beans in place of the vegan refried beans because I prefer them, lettuce, and warm tortillas. Absolutely DELICIOUS! They also have great deals on beer and a full bar. I've never left there feeling dissatisfied. I highly recommend any vegans that live in the Bangor area or any passing through to stop at Miguel's. You will not be disappointed!! I would give this place 5 cows if I could.

Pros: Very friendly, accommodating waitstaff, Vegan cheese & sour cream, Cheap beer and many vegan menu choices
Cons: Some dishes are a little expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Miguel's Mexican Restaurant: