Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee, tea, daily breakfast and lunch, and in-house bakery. Menu includes several vegetarian and a few vegan choices. Has wi-fi access, artwork display. Operating since the 1990s. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Bakery, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
1200 W Northern Lights Blvd Ste G (Arctic)
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
907-272-6433

Open Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat-Sun 8am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by nooy
HumanoidX
HumanoidX

They Don't Know What Vegan Means

2 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2014

On 3 occasions they gave me the non vegan version of what I ordered. Double check your foods

Pros: Vegan Options
Cons: Wrong Orders
AlaskanVegan
AlaskanVegan

Best Place to Eat in Anchorage!!!!

4 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

Sooooo good!!! I think there were about 7 vegan options on the menu including a great veggie sandwich, huevos rancheros, multigrain pancakes, etc. Also the best vegan cupcakes I have ever had! A couple vegan smoothies and some very delicious fresh juice also. I was in heaven! We were in Anchorage for 2 days and I ate there every meal and ordered 3 things to go when we left:) Very nice place to eat...I highly recommend! They close a little early (6 I think) so get in there before that:)

Pros: great vegan options, nice atmosphere, fresh juice!
Cons: close a tad early (6 I believe)
Joe_in_AK
Joe_in_AK

So Many Choices!

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

Interesting vegan and vegetarian options on a menu that regularly features specials and is changed to match the season. The staff is friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic. Likely to see students studying, professionals in a lunch meeting, vacationers dropping in, and young families eating right next to each other in this trendy, but tasteful spot. Middle Way has a great location in a busy, "progressively-oriented" shopping plaza including REI, Title Wave Books, Kaladi Bros. Coffee, and the Alaska Club gym.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 20, 2012
Updated from previous review on Friday July 20, 2012

Pros: many options, delicious coffee/espresso, great service
Cons: can get crowded

Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Cool Place- Great Food

3 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2012

I had the multi-grain pancakes (vegan) which comes with a cup of fresh fruit- quite delicious! Friendly staff, cool vibe. This place also hosts live music acts.

Pros: Good Vegan Options, Free parking lot
larryabailey
larryabailey

Great Way to Start the Day

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

This was Ron's and mine first trip to the Middle Way Cafe in Anchorage and enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff. Ron dove into his order of Multigrain Pancakes & Fresh Fruit with Maple Syrup and didn't come up for air until it was all gone and said "these were good; I didn't think I would be able to eat it all". I thought he was going embarrass me and lick the plate!
I ordered the vegan Huevos Rancheros, it was OK but next time I think I will try something else. The Menu is interesting and the vegan selections are clearly marked. The staff helped in guiding me to the gluten-free dishes.
When traveling to Anchorage the Middle Way Cafe will be on our "must stop at" restaurants.

Pros: Good Menue, Friendly Staff, Fair Pricing
Cons: Vegan Huevos Rancheros
mike
mike

I love this place!

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2010

I stayed in Anchorage for four months and made a habit of having breakfast here at least once a week. The breakfast food here is amazing. It's also a few door down from a great used book store. The staff is friendly, there are always different art exhibits on the walls, and it's seems to be a popular spot for people off all walks of life. There is an obvious bohemian appeal but next to a table full of dread locks and tattoos you'll see white collar business people or laptops and college students as well as people of all ages. This place appeals to everyone and I don't know one who has left this cafe dissatisfied.

SusanK1221
SusanK1221

My favorite restaurant in Anchorage

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2010

Now open seven days a week. Great vegetarian and vegan selection of soups. Planet azul salad is huge. Also have gluten-free bakery selections each day. Busy during the middle of the day and is THE place if you are a Mac person!! Love the falafals - baked not fried and the Lebanese vegie wrap. Kaladi coffee too. What not to like!

Pros: healthy food, great portion size, run into people you know
Cons: can get busy and hard to find a seat
nooy
nooy

good food!

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

This place serves really good lunch food. My favorite is the avocado melt sandwich. Fresh, original, and always good quality. They have really good smoothies, too. They are a coffee place, too, though I don't drink coffee so I can't help there.

The major downfall is that they are only open in the middle of the day, during the week. Which means, I never got to eat here as much as I would have liked to.

Pros: excellent food, healthy and fresh, locally owned
Cons: limited hours, expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Middle Way Cafe: