REMOVED: Mi Pueblo

Serves meat, veg options available. Locally owned with three locations in the Sarasota area. Nothing designated "vegan" on their conventional menu, although they will make you something vegan if you ask. MULTIPLE REPORTS STATING LESS AND LESS VEG FOOD. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
8405 Tuttle Ave (University Pkwy)
Sarasota, Florida 34243
941-359-9303
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by punzelda
msmayz
msmayz

Update: Vegan/raw menu eliminated :(

2 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

*UPDATE* As of Nov. 1, 2013, Mi Pueblo has completely eliminated their vegan/raw menu. There is nothing vegan on their conventional menu, although they will make you something vegan if you ask. I went back to Mi Pueblo with my family a few weekends ago and was so sad to see the vegan menu gone. They offered to make me vegan veggie fajitas, which were delicious, but I had really wanted something off their raw menu. Very sad. :'( New rating: 2/5 stars.

Original review: 4/5 stars

Mi Pueblo is a local Mexican restaurant that has three locations in Sarasota, and the one off University Parkway/Tuttle Ave has an extensive organic raw and vegan menu. (The other locations do not have this menu.) On this menu, you can order most of the items with either a sprouted wheat tortilla (vegan) or lime-marinated kale leaves (raw and vegan). I've had the Todo Amor (appetizer sampler with two Mexican-spiced pat├ęs, fresh guac, pico, and sunflower-seed sour cream), the Tacos de Paz, the Burrito de Luz, and the Ensalada del Sol, and all were FABULOUS and authentic, with very generous portion sizes. I always leave feeling happy and full.

They also have a fresh juice bar with excellent juices. I've had the Jugo Verde (kale, apple, & lime) and the Jugo Rojo (spinach, beets, cucumber, celery), and both were cool, refreshing, and very tasty. My favorite is the Jugo Verde.

The service is super friendly and quick, with fresh chips and a variety of salsas delivered to your table shortly after you sit down. They don't take reservations, but the wait is never long because the restaurant is huge and always hopping. They have a large foyer area with a reception desk where you wait before being seated. The building is a huge adobe-style house (new, made to look old) with Mexican tile on the floor, textured plaster walls, exposed wooden beams, and decorative tile and wrought iron throughout. There's also a bar in the back of the restaurant and a small patio with outdoor seating out front. The whole thing really looks like something straight out of Texas or New Mexico -- very charming.

This location also has easy access to both Tamiami Trail (US 41) and I-75. It's next to a complex/strip mall called University Walk Plaza and is easy to see and get to from the street. It's a great place to go if you're eating with omnis, too, because there's something on the menu for everyone. This is one of my favorite restaurants to go to when I'm visiting family back in my hometown!

Pros: Tasty and authentic Mexican food
Cons: Kind of expensive, Extremely noisy, No reservations accepted
iloveanimals
iloveanimals

the raw and vegan menu at mi pueblo

1 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2013

I too loved the raw vegan menu, but since they cut out most of the selection I have not been back. The last time i was there I noticed the beans being very greasy and leaving me with a feeling of nausea. I had spoken to one of the owners( a woman who tries to eat vegetarian) she is the one who brought in all of the raw and vegan items. The other owners do not like the idea of raw or vegan and they would prefer to have it off the menu. So I have stopped going there for that reason, mainly.

Pros: used to have a great raw menu
Cons: they say they try to please the masses, but are on, so so service
punzelda
punzelda

Menu Changes

3 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

I ate at this place after the glowing previous review and found that their menu of vegan delights has been cut down to 3 items. I had the Tacos de Paz and it was very good raw cuisine. But, you have only 2 choices for a vegan entree and one for a dessert. I didn't see any raw juices on any menu.

Pros: Raw cuisine
Cons: Few choices

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Mi Pueblo: