Opened to business since Oct 2008, Milah serves vegan and gluten free food, without garlic or onion on request. Brunch menu on weekends. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, International, Kosher

rob mafia
rob mafia

meh.

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

censorship sucks. please step into the 18th century sometime.

Pros: decor, atmosphere, polite staff
Cons: cost, food, cost:food quality: portion ratios
Plant Powered Eater
Plant Powered Eater

Excellent

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Had a great meal here on a recent trip to Philly. We also avoid added oil, & they were happy to accommodate that request.

judyfilip
judyfilip

Graduation Lunch

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

Mi Lah is so convenient to the Kimmel Center. Everyone was not a vegan and they all enjoyed the food. It is a small restaurant so if you are a big group, make a reservation and expect fresh food so allow lots of time. Be warned that they use white rolls!!! The appetizers were great as was the phyllo wrapped veggies.

Pros: Convenient, Vegan, Fresh
Cons: Small, Not handicapped accessible

PlantPowered
PlantPowered

yummy healthy and looks good too!

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2014

Came here for brunch while in town for a chess tourney. In a party of three we tried four items. Everybody enjoyed their dish and the shared item with black beans avocado mango salsa on a corn cake was shared as an appetizer was delish!!!! We will definitely come back.

Pros: lots of menu options what are whole food items, options that aren't limited to fake meat, extremely taste
Cons: decor a bit sparse, bathrooms reportedly gross and no hand soap in dis
withthecherrytrees
withthecherrytrees

Not impressed

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

My food was eh - it was a few weeks back so I forget exactly what it was but something about mushrooms in a pastry over mashed potatoes. Wasn't impressed. My friend got some kind of coconut crusted tofu which was reeeally good tho. Service sucked. I'm not one to ever hate on a place, but the server was pretty rude, never checked on us throughout the entire meal, we had to track him down for the check b/c we were sitting there for so long after being done eating. Maybe he was busy? There weren't many tables tho. I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros: Coconut crusted tofu, BYOB
Cons: Staff/Service, Parking (but that's anywhere downtown)
elephantelizabeth
elephantelizabeth

Perfect Brunch

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

Visited Mi Lah during my stay in the city with my family. We went for Sunday brunch. I ordered the vegan omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and american cheese. SO GOOD!! The home fries are awesome and the complementary fruit hit the spot. My sister had pumpkin pancakes with blueberry butter and my mom had the tofu benedict, both of which were tasty. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, even as we barged in on them singing.
My only complaint is that it was a little dirty, especially the bathroom. However, do not let that stop you from going because you will not be disappointed!

Pros: Best vegan brunch, Friendly staff
Cons: Dirty
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

just what we wanted

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2013

I had the traditional pad Thai. And it was really good. We had the sampler too, which was really good. Fun place. Good service. Good prices!

Pros: delicious, nice staff, good prices
sglcklch
sglcklch

Great lunch spot

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

I wasn't so sure when I walked into this place due to the mixed reviews, but it turned out much better than expected and I walked out satisfied. My partner and I split a lunch special (a three-course set meal including a soup, an appetizer, and an entrée) plus a separate order of the Vietnamese hoagie. The sandwich was excellent, definitely worth ordering even though it wasn't on the lunch special. The butternut squash soup was alright, the Indonesian roll appetizer and the tofu-veggie stir fry were both tasty. Our bill was $21 before tip, which I thought was a very good value.

The only downside was the typical Asian restaurant décor-dull, lifeless, and it had a slightly dingy feel to it. This is certainly not the kind of place for date nights or special occasions, but for a casual lunch it ticked all the boxes.

Pros: good food, great value
Cons: drab décor
Lemonmon
Lemonmon

Brunch is awesome! Avoid dessert though

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

The brunch is absolutely amazing! I've never been there for lunch or dinner, because we've always gone for brunch. The brunch food is so good. The Indonesian Breakfast is a favorite! The service is not the best, but not terrible. It's a little slow and sometimes they bring things out in a strange order, so be specific. We had a dessert once and it was awful, so I would probably avoid dessert. You won't need it anyway!

Pros: delicious brunch, gluten free options, not everything is soy
Cons: fair service, bad dessert
s144799
s144799

Must try Sunday brunch

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

The restaurant is overall very good. The entire restaurant is vegan. Even though it is mainly non-American food, every Sunday, they have an AMAZING brunch with American food. They made something imitating an omelet and gave me memories of eating eggs before a became a vegan, and WOWED me because I never imagined you could get closer to eggs than tofu scramble. They also have AMAZING pancakes and French toast and would have no clue is vegan if you didn't know. I was a big diner person before I became a vegan and really enjoy going to Mi Lah for their Sunday brunch. Their other food is great too, but highly recommend their brunch menu.

Pros: AMAZING "omlet' dish
BridgetStamford
BridgetStamford

My first all vegan restaurant!

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

My trip to Mi Lah was my first trip to an all-vegan restaurant, and I was overwhelmed with the idea that I could order ANYTHING from the menu! I thought it was fantastic! I loved the food and the cozy atmosphere, and especially the BYOB part! I can't wait to travel back to Philly to go again!

Pros: So many options for a vegan to choose from, Lots of gluten free options, Delicious
Cons: Pricey, Need reservations
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food, pricy

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

I only went here once. The food was really good and not your standard vegan fare, but expect to be there for a while and to spend a good amount of money. Great for a nice date/special occasion. Not good for your average meal on a regular night. That being said, the food was really good.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: Expensive
ellenjoh
ellenjoh

First time and last time

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Cold, dark and unfriendly and did Ie room that the food was barely edible? I chose this restaurant based on reviews I read here. When we walked in, the staff left us standing at the door while they cleaned up tables - slowly. The table we led to should have had a candle or something. It was dark, crowded and drafty. We waited a long time for a waiter, or I think he was a waiter since he was most curt. The food was ok. Soup was good. Entres not. Couldn't wait to leave and find a place for some hot tea. I will let American Express know since they also suggested this place.

Pros: All vegetarian
Cons: Physically cold especially the bathroom, Dark and dirty feeling, Unfriendly and uncaring staff
evolvegan
evolvegan

Vegan Brunch

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Went here for Vegan Brunch while in Philly to go to Vedge. Everything was pretty good. I had the tofu benedict with kale. It was good but I would not get it again. Boyfried had the chicken and waffles which he liked. Our friend had an omelette and she loved it. Thanks for the vegan brunch!

Pros: vegan, brunch, big portions
Zostar
Zostar

My First Visit

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

I ordered the mixed appetizer platter to share, and I liked everything on it. I was disappointed with my main course - grilled oyster mushrooms - because they didn't serve the actual mushroom but instead grilled the stems, which are chewy and lack the complex flavor of the oyster part! The rest of the dish was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was wonderful and the service was good. I enjoyed walking around the neighborhood after dinner. I would definitely return, but would try another main dish next time, and hope to give this restaurant a higher rating.

saelbu
saelbu

Awesome Vegan Asian

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

Staying in Philly on a short visit and found this place on Happy Cow. My tummy loved it -- Asian Summer Rolls for an app, Cambodian Amok for entree and mango sorbet for dessert. It looks like a hole in the wall, but the inside is cozy, the service was good, and the food, Excellent. Highly recommend if you are looking for just one special place to dine in Philly.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Mi Lah

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

Best vegan Philly cheese steak ever!!! I'm not kidding. I really wish I lived in Philly so that I could eat this sandwich on a regular basis.

This sandwich really stands out from the typical vegan Philly. The texture of the seitan was perfect, it was shredded and moist/chewy and the sauce was to die for. I can't even describe it but it was a much different, and well received, take on the Philly cheese steak.

They do not serve the sandwiches during dinner so be sure to head over there for lunch. You will not be disappointed!

veggiesattva
veggiesattva

Impressive food, but super lame atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

Went here for what was meant to be a hot date night at the end of a brief trip to Philly. Well - the food is all quite impressive, some of the most skilled & fancy presentation I've seen at a vegetarian restaurant. Pricey of course, but basically worth it because it's so special and different. But the atmosphere? Geez!

There were only 2 other tables occupied, and yet it was still super loud for an intimate dinner. The floor if I remember correctly is white tile?? which makes you feel like you're eating in a cafeteria that they can hose down. The waitress was brand new or not great at English or both, because she needed to look over both of our shoulders for us to point at the menu, and then wrote so much she must have been writing down the entire name of the dish. Not impressive.

It's just... not cozy, and not intimate. It's a small but cafeteria-like room, not befitting either a hot date night or the quality of the food itself. Maybe try for lunch? Go for the food, not the ambiance :(

Pros: very impressive food
Cons: total lack of ambiance
jamber79
jamber79

Good food

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

The food here wss good. Ambience was just ok and the service wasn't very friendly. Had the potatos with avocado corn salsa and black beans and it was very good.

SaundersForman
SaundersForman

We really enjoyed our dinner at Mi Lah

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

Mi Lah prepares each dish with careful attention to color, form, texture and flavor. At dinner we ordered three appetizers and three entrees. Each dish was plated artfully. The textures and flavors were varied and balanced. The portions were generous. The menu choices are inspired by varied international cuisines making for interesting ordering and sharing.

The service was attentive, but not intrusive. The waitstaff was ready with extra plates for sharing. Our water glasses were filled often. The ambiance takes a back seat to the food. The evening that we were there the tables lacked table cloths. There was no music, which for us is a good thing as we were happy not to be distracted from the dining and conversation.

We took home leftovers of each entree. The food did not suffer from an overnight in the refrigerator and was still very satisfying the next day. This reflects on the quality of the ingredients and method of preparation.

We spent more than twice as much dining at Mi Lah as we would have at a vegan restaurant in Philadelphia's Chinatown. The quality of presentation and flavor was well worth the higher price. We plan to return to Mi Lah.

Pros: Healthy and delicious preparation, Inventive preparation, Aesthetically beautiful presentation
Cons: Decor is not as fine as the food
PreFusion
PreFusion

Vegan Breakfast!!!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

Upon going vegan it was challenging to find decent breakfast alternatives to omeletes and such. Mi Lah is bangin! Delicious vegan omeletes with sweet potato home fries and a flavor packed fruit jam to spread on your toast.

I came for Saturday brunch, was seated quickly and was waited on promptly. Server was incredibly polite and never stopped smiling.

I am so incredibly glad I've come across this place. What it slightly lacks in atmosphere, it totally makes up for in quality.

Pros: Delicious VEGAN food, Polite a helpful service , Prompt service
Cons: Small dining area, No music! , Center city parking is annoying
From A to Vegan
From A to Vegan

My Restaurant Review of Mi Lah Vegetarian

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2011

I arrived at Mi Lah Vegetarian a little before 1 p.m. just as their lunch rush was about to stop. I waited at the front of the restaurant to be seated for about five minutes before picking up a menu to look over their lunch specials. The first floor is small with tables and three seats at the bar looking into the kitchen. There is also upstairs seating where the bathrooms are located. Mi Lah is BYOB and everything on the menu is vegan. Finally, one of the servers came over and sat me at a dirty table that hadn't been cleaned off yet from the patron before me. I was excited to eat here because their lunch special was $10 for soup, appetizer and entrée. I had a choice between 2 soups, 4 appetizers, and 5 entrées. It took another ten minutes for the server to come back and take my order and I was quickly losing the amount of time that I had before going back to work. I knew I was going to have to eat quickly. My soup and appetizer came out quickly and was served on the same plate. It looked delicious, which was good because I was starving.

Apple Wood Smoked Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup

With only two soup choices it was easy for me to choose the Apple Wood Smoked Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup. I love Butternut Squash soups and this one delivered. The soup was creamy with the light butternut squash taste and smooth texture.

Indonesian Roll with Carrots, Seitan, and Celery Served with Basil Avocado Sauce

Indonesian roll was crunchy shell and the stuffing had lots of flavor. This was my favorite part of lunch. The basil avocado sauce was great too. When I was done the dipping bowl was clean.

Mofongo Veggie Bacon and Chorizo with Tequila and Tomato Sauce

Traditional Mofongo is a Puerto Rican dish made by boiling and then mashing green plantains, and then mixing them with vegetables and bacon. The Chorizo was over cooked and hard on the outside and soft in the middle and way too spicy for my taste. This Mofongo was bland and not very appetizing even though the Tequila and Tomato Sauce was good. The veggie bacon was mixed into a patty with other unidentifiable vegetables. I would not recommend this dish.

I will go back to Mi Lah to try other dishes because I am sure they are more like the soup and appetizer than the entrée.

Pros: Price, Soup, Appetizer
Cons: Service, Monfongo, Chorizo
lovegoodfood
lovegoodfood

Be ready to pay $$$

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2011

You have to pay to play as they say...The vegan selections sound delicious, but order carefully. A few dishes are pretty "busy". I ordered the brussel sprouts, butternut squash & potato cashew gratin. I should have ordered something else because the convergence of spices were an assualt to my palate. Another person in my party ordered tofu pad thai and he really liked it. The restaurant prices sneak up on you, so BEWARE. You can probably cook something better at home for less $$.

Pros: ok food, convenient location
Cons: pricey, small dining room
FUZZYGUY828
FUZZYGUY828

Excellent for LUNCH

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2011

I have been to this restaurant several times. It has a nice quiet atmosphere and great place for lunch. The variety is good as well as the prices. It is a must for all Vegetarians or Vegans in the Philly area who have limited choices.

victorgalli
victorgalli

Amazing

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

By far one of the best vegan restaurant in Philadelphia AND they have really reasonable prices! Take all of the veg and non-veg friends because they will all be impressed.

Pros: Amazing food, Great value, Courteous staff
Cons: none
madamstriga
madamstriga

super yum

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2010

i went to this place for the first time last week and thought the food was awesome! it was hard to choose but i went with: appetizer: crispy marinated tofu with cheese, cherry tomato and edamame puree. this was really yummy and resembled sushi in appearance which i always find fun. the warm tofu contrasted nicely with the cool tomatoes, and the edamame puree had a mild but delicious taste. for my entree i had the pan seared seitan and zucchini cakes with edamame and walnut puree. yuuuuum! so good! they did not taste overly seitanic or zucchini-ish, but rather the two, shredded and formed into a crab cake like patty, blended perfectly to create their own unique flavor. it reminded me of the heart of palm caked i've had previously at horizons. my main squeeze had the tofu a la parrilla estillo mexicano in tequila sauce served with mango salsa and refried black beans. this was very good as well , though a bit too sweet for his taste (he does not like sweet at all). i would be thrilled to go here again.

Pros: enticing menu, delicious food, byob
Cons: parking
CJ
CJ

Bad fruit, salads

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

This place needs someone who can pick ripe, fresh produce. The salad greens, mango, avocado, and fruit that is served with the brunch is horrendous, either not ripe, dirty, or not cut well/containing unedible parts.

meme8383
meme8383

Worth the travel!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

Coming from NY, I've had my share of fine vegetarian dining so when a Philly foodie recommended Mi Lah, I decided to venture out and give it a try.

The food is exotic yet conformting. Not your typical mock meat smother in sauce to hide it's "vegan-ist look" but truly, your tastebuds won't believe you. I totally recommend the Thai style fried seitan appetizer. However, one order for each person, these little tasties go fast! Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is cozy. The BYOB service is a plus!

Will definite be a stop while in Philly!

greenbluegray
greenbluegray

Reliable creative vegan

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2010

Great service here from an enthusiastic vegan waitress who gave excellent descriptions of the food. Tiny, with ochre and celery-colored walls and candlelight, Mi Lah is romantic and all vegan now, so don't be confused by the name, although I can see why you would be! We love that it is BYOB and feel this place gives Horizons a run for its money, though why shouldn't there be more than one upscale romantic vegan place in a city like Philly? Why shouldn't people crave vegan like they crave sushi, even if they are not eating this way for ethical or health reasons?

Loved the carrot coconut soup. He had the roasted brussel sprout dish, and I had the pot pie. I can never get pot pie because it's usually all meat, so I was very excited and wondered how they made the crust.

The downstairs can be a bit crowded, but I don't mind sitting close with people who care about eating this way. :-) We noticed that the upstairs was indeed cold, but it was closed for seating. You just have to go up there to use the bathroom, and they had a portable heater going.

Vinum O-style water glasses were a classy touch, and our wine was handled quickly and well. We had a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc called Errazuriz which went beautifully with the food. We were too full for desserts but will be back.

Nothing we had was spicy or hot or *too weird* for omnivores, just flavorful comfort food that shows what a creative chef can do with vegetables -- so that vegetarians don't have to rely on the old boring salad or pasta, which we can get anywhere. I hope other restaurants can take some good ideas from places like these.

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

I'm on the fence here...

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2010

I couldn't have been more excited when this place opened, I remember walking up to the doors to hear music playing outside, and not some MUZAK junk, but the Stranglers 'Golden Brown' - it was a sign, I was convinced! But lately, to be perfectly honest, I really haven't been too impressed. I heard rumors of management/ownership change somewhere early on, but aesthetically its hard to tell if anything changed behind the scenes, because on the surface it seemingly hasn't.
For what it is, the food is great, I can't deny them that. The options are a-typical of the typical fare, a few reinventions of the norms stand out. I couldn't be more bored with mock-meats these days and Mi Lah has a way of keeping me interested in tasting theirs.
Initially, I was most impressed by the new brunch they started about a year ago, the $20 pre fixe was reasonable to me...but lately they've opted for a typical menu style and I'm not quite sure why?
I know newer restaurants are constantly in flux, especially when trying to get their sea legs, but it seems like the whole place is just stretched thin, especially during brunch. It seems like they're either understaffed, or just undertrained. As someone who has worked in a restaurant before I'm willing to give obvious handicaps to circumstantial things, but it feels like the whole place is in the weeds when there's only 3 tables full.
I've waited 40+ minutes for a basic order from their already paired down menu, with barely an acknowledgment of any error, or a coffee refill while I waited patiently.
All things said, chances are you won't have the same experience I had, and I'm hoping I won't keep having the ones I've had...Out of maybe 10 visits, the 2 latest ones are the ones sticking out to me. I still recommend it for the food, but the service was a little underwhelming.

Pros: Great Food
Cons: Basic to Bad Service
tangerine42
tangerine42

Very impressive food at a reasonable price

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2010

I went to Mi Lah for lunch with my family today. It was my first time trying it out, and I know for sure I'll be going back the next time I'm in the area. Everything on the menu is vegan, and unlike many other vegan restaurants, the focus was really on vegetables, grains, and real food. I like fake meat as well as the next girl, but it was refreshing to find a menu that sidelined fake meat in favor of the veggies.

I tried the corn chowder, the mango, avacado and mix green salad with spicy Carribean lime dressing, and the zuccini cheese "burger" with sweet potato fries. Everything was fantastic. The corn chowder was filling and tasty, with a really rich texture and flavor to it. The salad was fresh and the dressing was very light and bright. I'd never tried a zucchini burger before, but I am now a huge fan and will definitely be trying to recreate it at home.

Good food, good service, and a new a favorite place for me!

Pros: good waitstaff, good value, all vegan
Cons: slightly small
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Excellent and Unique Food

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2009

I have only eaten brunch at Mi Lah's, but it was wonderful. The items offered for brunch were great, not just standard scrambled tofu that I have seen at other places offering vegan brunch. They start you off with tea/coffee/juice, then bring a plate of fresh fruit and muffins/scones. Then the main course comes piled high with food.
I had the beer battered seitan with choc. belgian waffles with fruit...and it was great. My fiance had tostadas with veggies, guac, salsa and seitan bits. We enjoyed everything.

The only drawback is that there is a flat price of $20 for everything. In my opinion, it's worth it because of the quality and amount, but it is pricey.

Pros: excellent food, good service
Cons: Bit expensive
dara
dara

Dinner Review - Hits and Misses

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2009

I am a fan of MiLah's brunches and lunches. For brunch, I love the lumberjack (now under a different title), where you get an omelet, toast, tempeh bacon, pancake, and home fries. You will need to be rolled out of the restaurant - it is so filling and delicious.

For lunch, I love their flatbreads and sandwiches - especially the Vietnamese Tofu sandwich and the cheezesteak.

For dinner, my partner and I were pleased with the special Hot and Sour Soup although the tofu was softer (silken) compared to the typical Chinese hot and sour soup tofu (which is firm or dried). We also enjoyed the Mango Avocado Salad. The BBQ Tofu Skewer appetizer was okay - there was nothing wrong with it, it was just very simple. Our entrees were fantastic: Traditional Tofu Pad Thai and Yellow Thai Curry Seitan. DEE-licious!!!

Desserts were not good at all - the Warm Chocolate Cake and the Fruit Tart were very bland and disappointing. The vanilla ice cream that topped the desserts was good, but how can you mess that up...?

Overall, definitely give MiLah a try. Don't expect Horizons-quality, but do expect to be filled and satisfied for less money than Horizons. Just skip the dessert and head to Govinda's for a slice of Vegan Treats-made cake!

Pros: Entrees, Atmosphere, Prices
Cons: Desserts - Bland!
cookiem
cookiem

Vegan brunch

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2009

Mmmmm... I've only been here once, but the one time was enough to earn it 4 stars. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because of the prix fixe!

While the menu offered several selections, all of the options cost $20.

Don't let the name confuse you, while it is run by persons of Asian descent and there is a Buddha sculpture in the restaurant, the menu is assuredly Western!

Here's what you get though: coffee or tea, mimosa or bloody mary mix, fresh fruit, baked breakfast item (i.e. scone or muffin or both, depending on the size of your party) and your entree.

With only 2 people to our party, I was certainly looking over at the neighboring party's mountain of fruit, muffins and scones with envy. Sure, we had grapes, melon and cherries with muffins, but no scones or peach slices like the other table!

Our entree plates were more than filling. The sweet potato "fries" were more like slightly sauteed sweet potato wedges, but they were an excellent consistency with far less fat! Yum! The fake meat they use is either one or a mix of the varieties easily located in a market, like Tofurky and/or Lightlife. Nice mushroom gravy on the whole wheat english muffin with sausage and avocado. The deep fried coconut battered mushroom was sweet but satisfying. Across the table, my friend enjoyed the tofu omelet, though wasn't keen on the mushroom addition. Overall, very filling and satisfying.

Other options included pancakes, a layered vegetable dish, battered seitan, and a tofu scramble. All of which came with fixings galore, or so it seemed from looking around the restaurant.

Definitely hit this restaurant if you are hungry! It's near the Chinatown area, but has quite the different menu. Enjoy!

Pros: Portions, Variety, Vegan
Cons: Prix fixe, Portions, Garden variety fake meat
lfusfeld
lfusfeld

Outstanding

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2009

I have been here at least 15 times - I really like this place - ecclectic vegetarian, mostly vegan food. The food is excellent and almost entirely vegan. It seems pretty healthy. (The one non-vegan item is a spinach & feta pizza - from what I hear, it is not even very good compared to their other offerings.) The brunch is outta this world, although I think it is a bit over the top to do a $20 prix fixe brunch with more food than any one person can eat. The service is great - one waiter there specifically asks if there is anything they could do to improve the food if you do not finish what you ordered.

I've come to prefer Mi Lah over Horizons, as the prices are more reasonable, they're open for lunch, they offer a Sunday brunch, and a wider selection.

They deliver at lunchtime, but not dinner. (Dinner delivery would make a lot of sense and be really helpful, I think.)

Pros: great service, lots of options without fake meat, fresh juice bar
Cons: a few subpar items, some of the desserts could be better, brunch is prix fixe $20
Midori
Midori

Huge, delicious brunch

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2009

I got the (all-vegan) biscuits with sausage gravy. It was absolutely delicious. I also really liked some of the breakfast breads served before the main course, especially the lemon-poppyseed offering. The mimosa mix was great; I'll have to bring champagne next time. (They include the mix with the brunch, but you have to add your own alcohol. Bloody Mary mix is the other option.) I definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a really special meal. I just wish there were smaller brunch options available for a reduced cost. I would not often pay $20 for brunch, and although the amount of food does justify the price, I don't always need that much food. It would be nice if I could order just coffee and one or two a la carte items on days when money is tight. Still, this is an overall wonderful addition to the Philly vegan dining scene. (Most items are vegan, and the staff can easily steer you away from the one or two items that are not.)

Pros: Vegan sausage gravy, mimosa mix, variety
Cons: brunch price
nick22penn
nick22penn

center city vegetarian delight

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2008

Nice new addition for vegans/vegetarians opened in center city at 16th and Chancellor (close to Walnut). I tried a few of their dishes and was impressed, as was my date. I am not vegetarian but like veggies, so for me eating mock chiken, fish etc from other places is displeasing. Here, vegetables play a major role in the entres, served on large dishes, good size portions, reasonable for the price.
All their water is filtered, a nice touch (unless you get bottled) service is nice, decor is simple and spacious. Deserts here are vegan so if you like soy ice cream, enjoy...

Pros: great vegan food, friendly, nice dishes
Cons: vegan ice cream :), need reservations

Dear Owner and Manager of Mi Lah Vegetarian: