Mi Chay Vegetarian Restaurant

Basic Taiwanese/Chinese vegetarian restaurant. Has vegan options. Has mock meats, dumplings, soups, rice dishes. Little English spoken, but menu labels about half the items in English. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese

First Review by kezia
EmmaOlmi
EmmaOlmi

lovely little spot

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

I actually love this place!
Food is tasty and really cheap and there's a lot of variety!
Every time I'm in PP I go to this spot, and for usually $3 USD I drink and eat so much that I struggle to walk ahaha!

Pros: cheap, good location
lotustummy
lotustummy

good basic mock meat Chinese

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

Similar to others like it, we enjoyed the noodle soup. Good flavour, hearty food, good price

Pros: cheap, flavourful
Cons: heavy on mock meat, not much atmosphere
Kenny G
Kenny G

Recommended

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

While the hot pot is the order of the day at Mi Chay, they have several soups, rice, and noodle dishes ranging from 4000-8000 riel. Best fried mushrooms in the city and they give you a massive amount for 6000 riel. Fried dumplings are also a highlight and again, tons of them for 6000 riel.

Pros: Food, Portions, Price
Cons: Could be cleaner.
kezia
kezia

Good local find!

4 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

I was staying on the other side of town, but finding the restaurant on happy cow, I thought it would be good to check it out.
A Tuk Tuk from our hotel (street 152 phnom Penh) directly to the restaurant was 2 US dollars. We were told the maximum we should pay would be $3.(date of my review 23/01/2013)

This restaurant has a very local feel which I like, there is out door and indoor seating.
Almost, if not everything on the menu was vegan.
Initially we thought we had plenty of options, sadly at least 3 or 4 of the dishes I tried to Oder, were apparently not available, which was a bit of a shame, but we didn't let it bother us too much.
the vegetable,Tofu & soup dishes that we ordered in the end were great. Very generous portions too. The kitchen is open for everyone to see (which I always feel is a good sign of cleanliness)
Our meals were VERY cheap considering the portion sizes and ordering drinks with the meal too. The bill came to $3.5 US dollars.

My advice to any vegan would be to just try it! Having used happy cow for so many years myself to find vegan restaurants all over the place, I've noticed that most of the reviews are either very positive or very negative.
As a vegan, I liked this restaurant, but it may not be to other people's taste, so please everyone just find out for yourself. You won't know until you try! :D

Pros: Very local feel, Good portion sizes , Food very fresh
Cons: A little bit out of the centre of Town , Some dishes advertised on the menu not availa, Little to no English spoken.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mi Chay Vegetarian Restaurant: