Operating in Turin since 1994, Mezzaluna is a vegan restaurant, cafe, and health food shop. The deli features a variety of vegetable dishes and pastries for takeaway or dine-in. The shop provides many organic products, including bread, pasta, sweets, grains, pulses, vegetable proteins, fair trade products, natural cosmetics, personal care and household cleaning products. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Western, Italian, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Piazza Emanuele Filiberto 8/D, Torino
Turin, Italy 10122
011-4367622

Open Mon-Wed 9am-7:30pm, Thur-Sat 9am-11pm.

First Review by CatarinaGarcia
Liina
Liina

A gem!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

What a gem this place was!

We spent a few days in Turin and kept going back, even if there are many other great restaurants in Turin as well. But this was our favorite, and I'll tell you why. We went there mostly for lunch (due to our schedules, we were on a business trip) and with just about 8 euros you get a plate of so many different kind of food rich in proteins: seitan, tempeh, tofu, different kind of vegetables and even if they are all on the same plate they all taste different and unique. We chose to have a plate that the staff filled, and they filled it with everything! You can also pick yourself, but if you choose this option then it might be helpful to know some Italian or at least no a little bit about Italian food.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, even if the place was crowded during lunchtime.

We also went there dinner and it was so lovely, pure aesthetic bliss. The restaurant has outdoor seating on a small piazza, so you can enjoy your authentic, delicious Italian food (including such delicacies as seitan tartar) and your red wine under the stars. Very romantic! We had tiramisu for a dessert and after having tasted just one bite my partner said: "there's no going back to an era before this tiramisu", with a mysterious look on his eyes. (Whatever than meant, I'm sure it was something positive!)

If I ever go back to Turin, I wouldn't miss this place for a world.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 15, 2013

Pros: excellent food (rich in proteins!), Italian food!, nice vibe
ine-a
ine-a

Lovely people!

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

On my vacation to Italy I came here after an enormously long day and they were just closing, but lucky for me they filled a bucket of food for me which was DELICIOUS! Afterwards I went back and they were all so friendly. If I lived in Turin, I'd probably come here every week :)

Triproyal
Triproyal

Beyond expectations!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Never experienced vegan food so good! We let the wonderful staff prepare two plates full of samples from everything on the menu. Absolutely blown away! The food was unbelievable! The price is great for the amount of food you get. The restaurant is small, so if it is full with you arrive --wait!!!!!! It's worth it!

Green Porcupine
Green Porcupine

Vegan Turin

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

The staff at Mezzaluna were very friendly and helpful. Some of the staff spoke English and even those who did not tried to. The atmosphere was good and the food was great. The chef explained the menu and prepared a selection of different mini dishes for us to try. Fresh food cooked while we waited and a friendly atmosphere what more could a hungry vegan want.

Pros: Friendly service from happy staff, Great fresh food, Good price for the area
Cons: None except it was raining

CatarinaGarcia
CatarinaGarcia

Nice

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

It's a small store with many types of organic food, fair trade products, vegetarian/vegan products. It also has different home-made dishes that I didn't taste but that seemed to be really good.

Pros: location, good variety of food, home-made food

Dear Owner and Manager of Mezzaluna: