Operating in Turin since 1994, Mezzaluna is a vegan restaurant, cafe, and health food shop. The deli features a variety of vegetable dishes and pastries. The shop provides many organic products, including bread, pasta, sweets, grains, pulses, vegetable proteins, fair trade products, personal care, and household cleaning products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Western, Italian, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

enRoute
enRoute

friendly, cosy, fun spot

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2015

Very nice spot! Nice folks also, the first time I arrived was a Friday eve and the place was fully booked. They said that reservations were usually needed a few days in advance, but luckily they set me up to come the next day. The chefs are really proud of their work and whip up some great things in the open kitchen. I only went for dinner once, but was able to grab some deserts and snacks to go, and everything was great. Recommended! Just try to make reservations if you can, especially on weekend eves.

Pros: friendly, cosy, fun
Cons: pricey, sometimes full
Giorgio Giovine
Giorgio Giovine

Ottima scelta di piatti

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2015

Si mangia bene con una buona varietà che cambia ogni giorno.
Ottimo prezzo, bella location con un servizio semplice e
friendly.

Pros: Varietà del cibo, Prezzi medi, Location
Cons: Difficioltà a parcheggiare, La sera quasi sempre chiuso
britred11
britred11

Great lunch spot

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

I have read several reviews here and was lucky enough to have a chance to be located close to this restaurant with work for a while to be able to go there and try it out. I have been there twice now and truly love it. The food offered is not of the fancy kind but has a great everyday lunch menu with different choices of vegetables, grains and "meats". I tried a great quinoa bake (that I will definitely have to try at home) some great vegetable mix with carrots and tofu as well as a great veggie wrap. The other time I was here they had a great Seitan"stew" as well so I am excited to try everything they have on the menu. Its great because you can either put together your own plate with several choices of the three categories: grains, vegetables and "meat". You can either choose to have a portion as a side dish or get the meal size portion. As one orders the food at a counter you actually can see everything you choose right in front of you to get an idea what it exactly is. I love everything I have tried there so far and will definitely go back as often as possible.

Pros: Great food variety, Affordable, great lunch spot

tomeri.or
tomeri.or

Worth a visit

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

Good & tasty. The vegan pizza wasn't that good but the other dishes were great. We also had a very good service. :)

Laure
Laure

What is their good rating about?

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

We tried Mezzaluna, the name sounded sweet, the reviews were good, we were disapointed.
We tend to prefer 100% vegan restaurants (we feel that nowadays a vege business knows what the dairy industry implies, which is killing cows and baby cows, not vegetarian at all in our opinion). So when we visited the Mezzaluna shop before lunch, we didn't appreciate all the non vegan items : obviously owners are not ethical vegans (sorry baby cows).
Now we still tried and shouldn't have.
The place is ok, the waitress smiles. Now the price could be described as moderate but certainely not inexpensive. There was a very long wait for what was ridiculous food, the desert wasn't the flavor that was ordered and we didn't care but there was a hair cooked in it and no replacement was offered, we had lost enough time (and money!)anyways. Give it a try if you want, others seemed satisfied, but we won't give it another chance. Too many good vegan places in Turin to waste time there.

Pros: Smiling waitress, Outdoor seating
Cons: Food, Non vegan shop, Long long wait
  • Mezzaluna Mezzaluna

Hello
    we can't remember of any guest who ever complained about a hair cooked into their dessert. Everyone in the kitchen wears a cap as everybody can see, but it still may happen, and we have no interest in refusing a replacement. But we should be noticed first of course. Also we have no interest in serving a dessert instead of another, they all cost the same. Again, had we been noticed, we would have corrected the error. Our restaurant is 100% vegan, the shop retains some vegetarian items. Our place is fairly old, having been opened in 1994, and we still have customers from back then, when being vegetarian was already a big step forward. We are the oldest vegan restaurant in Turin and helped building up the current momentum for the vegan food. Our food convinced hundreds of people about the viability of a vegan diet, at a time when it was not as easy as today. We understand all the reasons why you don't like our compromises, that come from 20 years of history, but please be honest and limit to criticize that, our restaurant is known for being one of the best of any kind in Turin.
    Best regards
    Claudio

Liina
Liina

A gem!

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

What a gem this place was!

We spent a few days in Turin and kept going back, even if there are many other great restaurants in Turin as well. But this was our favorite, and I'll tell you why. We went there mostly for lunch (due to our schedules, we were on a business trip) and with just about 8 euros you get a plate of so many different kind of food rich in proteins: seitan, tempeh, tofu, different kind of vegetables and even if they are all on the same plate they all taste different and unique. We chose to have a plate that the staff filled, and they filled it with everything! You can also pick yourself, but if you choose this option then it might be helpful to know some Italian or at least no a little bit about Italian food.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, even if the place was crowded during lunchtime.

We also went there dinner and it was so lovely, pure aesthetic bliss. The restaurant has outdoor seating on a small piazza, so you can enjoy your authentic, delicious Italian food (including such delicacies as seitan tartar) and your red wine under the stars. Very romantic! We had tiramisu for a dessert and after having tasted just one bite my partner said: "there's no going back to an era before this tiramisu", with a mysterious look on his eyes. (Whatever than meant, I'm sure it was something positive!)

If I ever go back to Turin, I wouldn't miss this place for a world.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 15, 2013

Pros: excellent food (rich in proteins!), Italian food!, nice vibe
ine-a
ine-a

Lovely people!

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

On my vacation to Italy I came here after an enormously long day and they were just closing, but lucky for me they filled a bucket of food for me which was DELICIOUS! Afterwards I went back and they were all so friendly. If I lived in Turin, I'd probably come here every week :)

Triproyal
Triproyal

Beyond expectations!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Never experienced vegan food so good! We let the wonderful staff prepare two plates full of samples from everything on the menu. Absolutely blown away! The food was unbelievable! The price is great for the amount of food you get. The restaurant is small, so if it is full with you arrive --wait!!!!!! It's worth it!

Green Porcupine
Green Porcupine

Vegan Turin

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

The staff at Mezzaluna were very friendly and helpful. Some of the staff spoke English and even those who did not tried to. The atmosphere was good and the food was great. The chef explained the menu and prepared a selection of different mini dishes for us to try. Fresh food cooked while we waited and a friendly atmosphere what more could a hungry vegan want.

Pros: Friendly service from happy staff, Great fresh food, Good price for the area
Cons: None except it was raining
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

good

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2011

simple, quick, cheap and very good and home made !

CatarinaGarcia
CatarinaGarcia

Nice

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

It's a small store with many types of organic food, fair trade products, vegetarian/vegan products. It also has different home-made dishes that I didn't taste but that seemed to be really good.

Pros: location, good variety of food, home-made food

Dear Owner and Manager of Mezzaluna: