Meridian Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Cozy restaurant is the heart of St. Matthews. Menu features a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, and luncheon-style items. Has many vegetarian and vegan options including vegan milkshakes. Knowledgeable staff. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Non-veg
112 Meridian Ave (Shelbyville Rd)
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
502-897-9703

Open Mon-Sat 8am-3pm.

First Review by Irisprite
Laura3511
Laura3511

great lunch spot

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

Meridian is a great alternative to many of the other lunch spots around town. With lots of vegan and vegetarian options and new specials every day, there is sure to be something you will enjoy. I especially love the sandwiches and soups- very fresh and delicious!

Pros: inexpensive, lots of options, friendly staff
Cons: parking
sarahburnsy
sarahburnsy

Cute little place

3 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I do not like to eat breakfast food out so the lunch menu here for me was small. I had the white bean burger, which was really good! They offer gluten-free bread if you need it. I had sweet potato chips on the side, I don't eat fried food so I only had a few. If I return I have the hummus plate, it looks great!

Pros: Vegan options, Cute Place
Cons: Few Vegan Options
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Great Breakfast Spot

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

They have breakfast all day, every day that they're open! Note they're closed Sundays. Try Steven's Steel Cut Oat Cake - a vegan pancake topped with seasonal fruit & agave nectar syrup. They also have an Express Breakfast Menu between 8am & 11am Monday-Friday.

Vegetarian items clearly marked on menu. Most can be easily veganized if they're not already vegan. And best of all ... vegan shakes!

amarello
amarello

Delicious!

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

Many vegan options and all of their produce and meat are locally, sustainably sourced. I had their white bean burger with tomatoes roasted in mustard and balsamic vinegar. Yummy! Soymilk available and they even have vegan shakes! The blueberry shake was one of the best I've ever had. My carnivore friends enjoyed their food as well.

Irisprite
Irisprite

Yummy!

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2010

One of my favorite lunch spots in Louisville. They have delicious sandwiches and iced tea, and their breakfast is good too. Try the blueberry french toast! I like to take my parents here when they visit town.

Dear Owner and Manager of Meridian Cafe: