Formerly known as Mercy House, changed in late-2013. Offers vegetarian food. Note that La He Road runs diagonally between National Highway 5 and Psah Nat Market. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Cambodian, Khmer

First Review by sanayha
CyberAlice
CyberAlice

Amazing, affordable, vegan yumminess

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Loved this place. We hadnt eaten all day and ended up ordering 6 vegan dishes for around $10. Many faux meats, vegies, tofu, and fresh juices. Loved all of it!

Pros: Around 160 vegan options
Cons: can be difficult to find
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Lovely local place

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

Visited July 2012.
Great to have a decent vegetarian place like this in a convenient location! I would suggest staying at the Asia Hotel across the street for ease as both veggie places are right there. We weren't made aware of anywhere else to eat in town, so it's great for a 1 or 2 day stopover.

They don't speak much English here so lots of smiles and patience will serve you well, the owners were friendly and it was busy lunchtime with locals. The food was lovely and there were many options so you should fine something to suit! It was also very cheap so we bought about 4 dishes to try and share between us, and then made sure we left a tip too.

Pros: good selection, good location, very cheap
iamere
iamere

nice place to eat

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2012

Mercy house has a good selection if you are a vegan. Plus it has the bonus of being directly opposite the Asia Hotel, which is where we were staying.
There was a good selection of food and the staff were always friendly, though the dining room was a little bare, but large.
The food always came really quick, a bonus of you are really hungry. The cost was also pretty cheap. A main will only set you back around 6,000 to 8,000 Riel so there is no problem with over spending.
I would recommend this place for sure!

Pros: quick service, nice vegan selection, good location
Cons: not much atmosphere

Puddingcup
Puddingcup

Best in Battambang

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2011

Mercy House was an awesome place to eat! They had a decent sized menu and their portions were pretty good, though after some noodle dishes I still felt a bit hungry. The food was inexpensive, a main averages about 4000-5000 riels ($1-$1.25) but some are a tad more expensive. Drinks were about the same as meals (though they were huge!)
The atmosphere is nice, staff don't know much English but were friendly. No a/c but doesn't really need it.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty Food, Nice staff
Syabas
Syabas

Comfort restaurant

3 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2011

This restaurant is opposite Asia Hotel (not Asie Hotel) & it's at the corner. Nice, clean & comfortable. Price inexpensive.
In Battambang, I would recommend here.
In Phnom Penh, I would recommend "The Vegetarian" at #11, Street 200.

sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Interesting fake meat options

3 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2009

I found the menu, though translated into English, a bit hard to decipher. As a result, many dishes sounded exactly the same. I enjoyed the noodle soup with fake meat that I ended up eating, however, I would have preferred a dish with more veggies. My friend ordered the basil fried rice which was tasty too.

I would eat here again, I just wish I could have more info about the dishes before ordering.

Pros: Cheap, No fish sauce!
Cons: Not much English
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

minimalist

3 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2008

From what I saw it's diagonally opposite the "Asia Hotel" (not "Asie"?). Very minimalist decor and the friendly staff spoke very minimum English (I need to learn more Khmer!). An English menu is available, although without pictures and so I had trouble finding out exactly what some of the dishes contained. Quite good iced plum green tea. Spring rolls were rather over-fried, but the pickled vegetable accompaniment nicely took the edge off the greasiness. Standard quality noodles dishes for main course. Closes at 6:30pm (as does Battambang it seems).

The Star Hotel (cross the road from Mercy House and a bit down the block) was a nice and convenient place to stay.
:-)

sanayha
sanayha

My favorite restaurant in Battambang!

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2008

Excepting a few oddballs, the food and frozen concoctions here are DIVINE. There is this one special noodle dish with tons of faux meat that makes my mouth water as I write this. They also make this delectable strawberry "slushi" that is so creamy and milky, it's superior to ice cream. I ate here everyday that I was in Battambang. Portions are good. Prices extremely easy on the wallet.

Pros: Awesome food, Healthy, Great Value
Cons: No a/c (but I didn't need that)

Dear Owner and Manager of Te Kuch La.A: