Memo's at the Point

Serves meat, veg options available. Dishes are mostly vegetable-based unless labeled otherwise; no animal products used to cook the rice or beans. Vegetarian choices includes burritos, tacos, gorditas, quesadillas, enchiladas, chile rellenos, soups, salads, a portabella dish, and you can request substitutions to replace meats. Moved from Concord, CA. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by derenberg
ChristinaB
ChristinaB

don't know if this is fair?

2 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

i went once a long time ago and i am a die hard, authentic, spicy, mexican food, lover, and it wasn't great and i'm not into meat replacements but i extra didn't like the one they served here, might be a good choice for blande food lovers or people who like fake meat, i generally hate fake meat though so i haven't been back.

Pros: not for me
Cons: just not for me
bluefooted
bluefooted

Great place for meat eatters and vegans

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

This is a great place for people who have some meat eaters among them. The place is fairly small, but it located right next to a parking garage to make easy parking.

Environment: The head chief was always walking around; making sure everything tasted good. The paintings and atmosphere were great.

Experience: The waiters and waitress were all very friendly, and the girl who took my order realized when I asked if it had cheese on it, that I was vegan and started to explain and suggest what items were really good that would fit my diet.

The mixed drink (margarita) was actually fairly large for the price, and tasted very good.

My wife got a burrito while I had the two items (enchilada and gordita). As option between potatoes or spinach for filling, I got the enchilada with spinach, and the gordita with potato. Both were amazing! the enchilada had a little spice to it from the verde sauce.

OH! the guacamole! this stuff is amazing, and the chips also were so good, we ended up just eating them plain. So you put those two together, and wow, what a combo.

My father got the beef nachos, which he was happy. It had shredded beef, but he claimed it ran a bit light on cheese (i think it was a healthy amount).

My mother got the chile relano, and it wasn't spicy, and she said it tasted good. They also had a chile relano inside a burrito, sounded amazing, but being vegan we didn't want the cheese or egg that was in it.

The price was very good. Mixed drinks were 8 bucks each, and dinner was about $10-13 / entree.

Overall: I would strongly suggest this place as a vegan, and even more so if you have some friends that like meat.

I would rate this place 5 happy cows, because I am vegan for health reasons and this place gives me a way to hang out with my non-vegan friends and still keep my diet.

Pros: Environment, Price of mixed drinks
somethinglikeastar
somethinglikeastar

Love this place!

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2008

Definitely my favorite Mexican restaurant! The parking is good, the decor is colorful and tasteful, and the service is friendly (it's a daughter and pop place). The portions are a good size, not too big, and you can order 1, 2, or three items with rice and beans depending on your appetite. Their soy meat substitute isn't that great, but you can also get potatoes in place of meat and it's delicious! The vegan chocolate cake is to DIE for ($8, but it's totally worth it). They also have a selection of good, though strong, margaritas and other drinks.

Pros: good food, especially the chocolate cake, cute decor, vegan friendly
derenberg
derenberg

Romantic, friendly... Plus VEGAN desserts!

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2007

My partner and I spent our anniversary weekend in Concord, and we worried that our options for a romantic vegan dinner would be severely limited. How lucky that we found Memo's! The owner was so friendly and proud of the vegan options for almost every dish - terriffic spinach filled enchilads, potato filled flautas and even meat substitutes (that we didn't bother with). Our only regret - we were too full to try the vegan chocolate cake and blueberry rice pudding!

Pros: great food!, romantic, friendly
Cons: it is concord, can't think of others

Dear Owner and Manager of Memo's at the Point: