Serves meat, veg options available. Part of a chain of hippie themed pizza restaurants, they offer vegan and gluten-free options. The regular white-wheat crust for pizzas/calzones/pretzels is vegan and a gluten free crust is available also. Hoagie bread is not vegan. Offers Daiya vegan cheese, marinated tofu and tempeh toppings/fillings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

SkinnyBytes
SkinnyBytes

Good, but what's in it?

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

Eh, any place that doesn't disclose its ingredients makes me think they are hiding something.

Decent 'za and calzones, but I want to make sure I'm not eating yoga mats in the bread before I go back for more...

Pros: Tasty, Laid back, Veg friendly
Cons: Questionable Ingredients, Likely MSG's
raphanos
raphanos

Vegan Pizza with Daiya Cheese

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

Great beer selection in downtown Tempe with a vegan pizza option. Try out the mushroom covered pizza with Daiya cheese. Good stuff!

Pros: Beer and Vegan Pizza
Cons: Tempe douche nozzles everywhere
Anna A.
Anna A.

Great service, food was ok

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2012

The staff was very friendly and understanding of the vegan diet. They offer Daiya cheese, but be warned: they throw a LOT of cheese in there. Personally, I found it to be too much and wished I had ordered without the cheese. The crust was good. The toppings were ok, but could have used more veggies (variety and quantity) and less cheese.

Pros: Good service, Vegan-friendly, Daiya

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Okay

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2011

While on vacation we went here. I'm not sure if our waiter wasn't sure of what items were vegan but when I asked he said the very veggie pizza with the gluten free crust was the only option. I was a little sad because they had a tempeh hogie that sounded really good. The pizza was pretty tasty though, they do have daiya cheese. I think they might have more vegan options but you have to get someone who knows more about the menu. The pizza 10-inch was a little pricey--20.00 bucks.

Pros: Daiya cheese
Cons: expensive
chikfender
chikfender

Vegan pizza with cheese!

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2011

They have great vegan pizza! It's a little expensive, but that seems normal for pizza. I get the "mega veggie" pizza and substitute vegan Daiya cheese.

Pros: Location, Vegan cheese
Cons: Slow service, Hoagie bread not vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: