Mellow Mushroom

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain of pizzeria restaurants most often found in college towns in southern USA states. Serves pizzas, calzones, salads, and hoagies (with grilled tempeh, avocado, mushroom, and tofu options). Very few vegan choices but they do have vegan cheese. Theme is laid-back hippie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
1098 Bermuda Run Rd (Fair Rd)
Statesboro, Georgia 30458
912-681-4743

Open Mon-Sun 11am-10pm.

First Review by hdeweyh
hdeweyh
hdeweyh

Mellow Mushroom - great vegan pizza!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2012

I visited a mellow mushroom outside atlanta while on a long road trip and I was not disappointed! I am a new yorker and mellow mushrooms vegan pie was right up there with my fave NYC vegan slices. It is not new york style but thick delcious crust piled high with topping including daiya vegan cheese (they have a sticker on their fron door!) One 10" pie can easily feed you for 2+ meals making the slightly high price tag a little sweeter:)
I got the mega veggie and asked for it vegan and the waiter knew just what I meant. Cute psychedlic atmosphere too, a real winner. They even have gluten free crust. The only thing that would make this place even better would be if they had a vegan pie listed on the menu instead of substitutions.

Pros: delicious pizza, atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: