Mellow Mushroom - Shelbyvil...

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie-themed pizza chain. Has veggie pizzas, calzones, hoagies, plus hummus and pita. Options for pizzas and calzones include vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and more. Vegans need to be specific. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg
3922 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
502-409-6874

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by xsamx
nardanddee
nardanddee

Marinated Tofu - yum!

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2015

I had the Tofu Hoagie (sans the mayo and cheese). The marinated tofu really made this sandwich. Full of sprouts and onions...excellent.

Pros: variety
Allie.graves
Allie.graves

Yazzzz Vegan Pizza!

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2015

Mellow Mushroom slays the vegan pizza game in my opinion. The crust and sauce are fantastic and they have a wide variety of vegetable toppings. I like my pizza even without the vegan cheese!!

sarahburnsy
sarahburnsy

Thank you for a vegan option.

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2015

The company I work for has been begging to buy me lunch. I always bring my own food, but it was appreciation week for my job title, so I gave in. I agreed to order Mellow Mushroom because it was close by and easy. MM offers many topping choices as well as a gluten-free crust. I ordered GF crust with red sauce, spinach, black olives, garlic and mushrooms with Daiya Vegan cheese. It was just ok... I was not impressed. I liked it but it was really nothing special. This is why I never eat out, my food is always better! I am happy they have a vegan option, but I won't eat there again unless it's for a work or family function.

Pros: Vegan Options, Gluten-Free Options, Many topping choices
Cons: It's just ok

xsamx
xsamx

Delicious vegan pizza!

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

Louisville's vegan pizza is finally up-and-coming: first we had Uncle Maddio's, then Papalino's got vegan cheese, and now we have the Mellow Mushroom! This place is a chain, but it's pretty delicious either way. Giant vegan pizzas with Daiya cheese, tofu, tempeh, and other yummy veggies. I think they can do vegan hoagies or other stuff too, but I haven't tried it. Day-old pizza was boss, too! Good location, bad parking, but great food. Would go again!

Pros: vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh
Cons: parking, ugly decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom - Shelbyville Rd: