Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie-themed pizzeria. Offers vegan cheese, tempeh for pizza and hoagie toppings. Funky atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
3455 Blue Bonnet Circle
Fort Worth, Texas 76109-2953
817-207-9677
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by BriggitteJ
RFerrero
RFerrero

Yummy Pizza with Vegan Options!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

Having pizza made for me is something that I really missed when I became a vegan, so I was incredibly happy when I found out about Mellow Mushroom! I went with my dad (who is not a vegan) and we split a greek salad and 10-in pizza. The staff was very accommodating and gave us the cheese and dressing on the side of the salad for my dad and helped clarify what on the menu was vegan.

While they had vegan options (Daiya cheese, vegan crust, etc...) I was not overly impressed with what was offered and that some items I had assumed would be vegan turned out not to be (the pesto, for example). Nonetheless, the pizza turned out delicious! I took part of it home but because of the Daiya cheese it tasted strange after it had been in the refrigerator overnight.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Mellow Mushroom and I can't wait to go back. The service was great, they were vegan friendly, and the pizza was scrumptious! If you are looking for a chill place to sit down and have a slice with some friends then I would definitely suggest Mellow Mushroom.

Pros: Gluten Free and Vegan Options , Friendly Staff, Delicious Customized Pizza!
Cons: Not As Many Vegan Options As Expected, Pizza Doesn't Do Well Refrigerated, $$$
bruble
bruble
  • raw

Yum!

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

My daughter and I had the veggie pizza with daiya cheese and gluten-free crust and it was divine!! Can't wit to go back!

Pros: gluten fee, vegan cheese, delish
Cons: none
BriggitteJ
BriggitteJ

Awesome!

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2010

I was soo excited to find out that the mellow mushroom now carries Daiya cheese! The pizza was amazing and the waitress who was a vegan told me they make vegan pizzas for her all the time. They really did cook it to perfection and the price wasn't bad at all for a huge pizza with toppings.

Pros: yummy, cheap, vegan friendly staff
Cons: they need fake meat toppings

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: