Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans and vegetarians, including tofu, tempeh, and fresh veggie toppings for pizza. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, American, Take-out, Non-veg

anne_marie119
anne_marie119

Disappointed

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

As the only pizza place in town that has vegan options, I have been here quite frequently. However, I am always disappointed as my food has to be re-made every time. I always (politely) make a point to mention that I am vegan and do not want any cheese on my pizza or butter on my crust, but the items are always added to my food and I have to wait for my meal to be made correctly while the rest of my party is already eating. The staff is always very apologetic and polite, but this is an issue I have every time I visit this restaurant. I do like that they have vegan options such as tempeh and Daiya vegan cheese, the staff are always great and the restaurant has a very laid back, relaxed atmosphere. The food is always good (once I have received my order) and the outside patio is nice during the summer.

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly staff, Good food
Cons: Food is always made wrong!
timm
timm

More vegetarian friendly than you might think

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

I brought my whole vegetarian family here to get pizza. This town is dominated by a meat-eating, beer drinking military types so pizza is often our only treat when we go out with the exception of Thai and Indian food. We were all pleasantly surprised to see so many vegetarian choices and it took us a long time to figure out what delicious foods to try. I ended up with the Portobello Rueben and my wife had the Kosmic Karma pizza. The kids had french bread pizza and apple slices.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 03, 2013

Pros: Vegan friendly (Daiya cheese), Friendly staff, Many items can be made vegetarian or vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: