Mellow Mushroom

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie themed pizza chain that offers many veggie toppings. Has Daiya vegan cheese, tofu and tempeh for pizza and sandwiches. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
msukert
msukert

Amazing Place!

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

The atmosphere is chill and friendly. I ordered my pizza with regular crust but their gluten free crust is vegan also. I'm not a huge fan of Daiya but the pizza was so amazing. I ate the whole thing! The waitress was very friendly and when she dropped my pizza off she repeated my order to reassure that no animal products were used. I live in Miami and I would definitely make the drive to come up here again just for the restaurant.

Pros: Vegan, Daiya, Caring
Cons: Cost
warino
warino

Junk for my vegan trunk!

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2012

This is a place to die for. At last, a real casual pizza joint that I can enjoy! We had calzones stuffed with BBQ tofu, peppers and onions and loaded with gooey Daiya cheese. Who could ask for anything more?

Well one word of warning: If you are a strict vegan like me, make sure you tell the waiter to remind the cook NOT TO SPRINKLE PARMESAN CHEESE on your pizza, sandwich or calzone. The manager graciously didn't charge us for one of our calzones, because we had to wait so long (and we did say that we were strict vegans when we ordered dinner), which was very classy.

They have many vegan topping options including tofu and tempeh (but not TVP or seitan). We are looking forward to returning for the pizzas, which look awesome.

Pros: Lots of vegan choice, Friendly bar ambience, Great location
Cons: Prices a bit high for vegan cheese
cameraphonevegan
cameraphonevegan

Vegan Pizza & 100 beers

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2011

What would you not like about a place that serves 100 beers and vegan pizza? (fyi, not all of the beers are vegan, though!)
Not only can they make your pizza vegan by leaving off the butter cheese crust & using Daiya cheese, they also have tempeh and seasoned tofu as toppings. Also a tempeh sandwich that can be made vegan, hummus, you can order the pretzels plain and the bruschetta can be made vegan too! Yum!

see my full review here: http://cameraphonevegan.com/2011/02/26/mellow-mushroom-delray-beach-2/

Pros: great food, lots of locations, dine with omnis
chorte23
chorte23

Good Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

You can customize your own pizza from a long list of vegan toppings. The vegan cheese is okay, the crust is very good, and the toppings are delicious.

Pros: good pizza, fair value, friendly staff
Cons: limited menu beyond pizza
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

The best! 50 beers and vegan pizza and hogies!

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

I love the Mellow Mushroom chain. I've dined in these all over the south east. The pizza crust is excellent and they are happy to customize orders. They have tofu, tempeh, and tons of great veggies. Its a relaxed hippie type environment with great TV's for watching sports. Quality is outstanding. I hope they expand past Colorado out to the west coast!

Pros: great crust, 50 beers+
Cons: oil in sauce

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: