Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain with choices for vegans and vegetarians, including tofu, tempeh, vegan cheese, and fresh veggie toppings for pizza. Upbeat casual environment with big screen TVs. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
205 Broad St
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
423-266-5564

Open Sun-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Anita Good Meal
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Roll of the Dice

2 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

I wanted to love this Mellow Mushroom location. Unfortunately, I didn't. I went to order & was told they were out of Daiya cheese. In retrospect, I should have asked how long they've been out for & if this was a regular occurrence. Anyway, no problem, I thought, I've had cheeseless pizzas many times before that've been phenomenal. Not here. My pizza came out & it was a joke. The toppings were so sparse it was practically bare. If you're going to serve a pizza without cheese, you have to go big on the toppings because there's nothing else to the pizza. After waiting 50 mins for this disappointing pie to arrive, I politely told them it was not acceptable. They made me a tempeh hoagie instead. The hoagie looked like it might have been good if they had Daiya cheese to make it with, but it was served dry. They didn't sub anything else (marinara, Veganaise, olive oil, anything would have worked). The entire dining experience took over an hour and a half. We wanted to be put out of our misery at the end. I left feeling as though they served vegan food but they didn't understand vegan food.

As a vegan, you're rolling the dice at this location. As a vegetarian, it'll be awesome. My partner's vegetarian pizza looked delicious.

Anita Good Meal
Anita Good Meal

Not just pizza

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

The Mega Veggie pizza with vegan cheese is exceptional, but this place also offers several sandwiches - the Spinach Calzone, Teryaki Tofu Hoagie, Grilled Tempeh Hoagie, and Righteous Portabella Reuben are all fantastic! Great place to go with non-veg friends. Awesome selection of draft beer.

Pros: Great food, Friendly service, Hip atmosphere
Cons: Pizza is a little pricy, but worth it

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: