Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie-theme pizzeria chain that is veg friendly. Has vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh, and plenty of vegetables. Create your own pizza or ask to veganize your pizza or other dishes by omitting cheese, etc. Will make the garlic cheese bread using vegan cheese upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Pizza, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
309 King St
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
843-723-7374

Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am

First Review by Astonangel
AdamDaniels
AdamDaniels

Awesome Vibe and Great GF&V Pizza Crust!

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

I just arrived in Charleston, SC for a week of training with work. It was about 10 pm on Sunday night when I arrived and I was hungry after passing up all the food options on the airlines (for obvious reasons). Luckily this little gem's kitchen was open until 11 PM even on Sunday!

I got the Veg Out + pineapple pizza (minus the cheese - I opted out on the Daiya cheese even though they have it) on GF crust. It was delicious! They had many other vegan options including hummus - I will be going back before my stay here is over! :-)

Pros: Open Late, Great GF Pizza Crust, Friendly Staff and Good Vibes
Cons: None of the top of my head!
PDXTom
PDXTom

Excellent vegan options

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

We ate lunch today at the King Street Mellow Mushroom and we both really enjoyed our veganized hoagies. We got the Teriyaki-grilled tofu with grilled mushrooms, onions and green peppers,substituted daya cheese and omitted the Provolone and mayo; and the marinated and grilled tempeh, with grilled mushrooms,onions and green peppers, substituted daya cheese and omitted the Feta and pesto mayo. We asked for a side serving of their tomato sauce, which nicely complimented both hoagies.

Pros: Vegan options, Responsive staff
mariaiswaycool
mariaiswaycool

Could have been better

3 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

My expectations for pizza are a bit higher because of the area I am from, but I will say that the pizza here was decent. Normally I just get cheeseless pizza as a vegan option, but since there was daiya cheese here, I decided to try it. It tasted good, but I've had better. The toppings were very good and the service was great.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Vegan Friendly
Cons: Only Decent Pizza

Astonangel
Astonangel

Ehhh!

3 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2012

We had mediocre service and mediocre tasting food. The pizza was not the worst but could have been so much better. The Greek salad was very different from what I had expected as was the dressing.

Pros: Open later than most in charleston
Cons: Mediocre service

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: