Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of hippie themed pizzeria chain. Menu includes a few vegetarian sandwiches and a vegan tempeh sandwich plus soups, soft pretzels, and veg pizzas or build your own pizza. The walls of the restaurant are covered with colorful images of mushrooms. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
14835 Ballantyne Village Wy Ste 150
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
704-369-5300

Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by greenhexi
LRBS
LRBS
  • non-vegetarian

Good Food, Limited Choices

3 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

I have been trying the "veg-friendly" restaurants in the area. The Mellow Mushroom was far more so than the other 2 I have tried so far. However, It did not really have the healthy choices I was hoping to find. Everything was bread or dough.

They do have vegan cheese. They do not have whole wheat crust.

The service was OK. The food was very good. But the Veg-Friendly/Healthy option (while by far the best I have yet found) are really not that good.

Pros: Food Taste, Atmosphere
Cons: Healthy Choices, Veg veriety
dconcidine
dconcidine

Great Pizza Place

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

I love that they opened this close to where I live. I finally can get a vegan pizza. The service is not very friendly (my multiple experiences) but the food is very good. I would recommend this to herbivores and carnivores alike. :)

Pros: Good Food, Reasonable Prices, Vegan options
Cons: Service
greenhexi
greenhexi

Vegan with or without vegan cheese

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

They always do a no-cheese vegetarian pizza for me which still taste really good and not blunt at all (like in other places). However, I found that when I add the vegan cheese and tofu, the pizza is very rich and not so vegan-dry.
Place itself is also nice and the service good.

Pros: Vegan on request, Good pizza

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom - Ballantyne: