Serves meat, veg options available. Hippie-themed pizzeria chain. Offers veggie topping, 2 veggie pizzas, and 5 veggie hoagies. Might have tempeh and ask about vegan cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1167 Broad St (12th St)
Augusta, Georgia 30901
706-828-5578

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by s4hawkins
Hungry Couple
Hungry Couple

Awesome food!

3 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

Wish I had taken photos, but it looked so good I dug right in. Had the tempeh hoagie, hubby had avocado hoagie without provolone. So good!

Pros: tasty food, cute place, good wait staff
Cons: music little loud
KrisDuVall
KrisDuVall

Best hummus ever!

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

I always remember to let the server know to "veganize" whatever I order. Their bbq tofu is amazing on a salad, sandwich, or pizza. And recently I was told they had a vegan cheese option, so it makes it all the better!

hippublican
hippublican

Good lunch

4 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2010

I had a negative first impression of Mellow Mushroom when I first ate there a few years ago. I don't know if their menu has changed or what, but I really like eating there now. Their sandwiches are tasty and healthy (well, vegetable-packed at least). They have several vegan-friendly varieties including tofu, tempeh, avocado, and mushroom. The MM in Evans even has Daiya cheese now!
The service can be hit or miss but is never awful.

Pros: good sandwiches, inexpensive

s4hawkins
s4hawkins

Slow Service

2 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2010

We got there an hour before closing thinking this was plenty of time to be served a couple of pies after work. We waited for fifteen minutes before I decided to go to the bar and order. The bartender would not take my order unless I was going to drink and eat at the bar. So I asked if she could send someone over, she of course said yes. We waited another fifteen minutes before another person in our party went to the bar to ask for service, and finally, at 10:35, our drink order was taken. They were apparently fighting about whose table it was. Anyway, I've been to Mellow Mushrooms in other hip southern cities and I have always loved them, this one just had terrible service. Great pie though.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Slow, Rude, Slow

Dear Owner and Manager of Mellow Mushroom: