CLOSED: Mehek Punjab De

Indian restaurant and sweet shop. Punjabi cuisine. Has a soy meat curry, a wide range of main entrees, breads, chaat (snacks), dosa, and homemade sweets. Catering. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian
3173 W Shaw Ave
Fresno, California 93711
559-226-0512

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by goneundone
hippublican
hippublican

Dosa!!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

We had a lovely dinner here. The decor is pretty, the pakora was crispy and flavorful, the dosa was PERFECT and the chana masala was unique and tasty. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.
On the downside, it's pretty much freezing inside the restaurant and I wish the appetizer snack platter would have had more than 1 samosa. There were 2 of us so we had to fight to the death over who got to eat it. :-/

randyn51
randyn51
  • non-vegetarian

Superb

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2011

Enjoyed the food here numerous times. Authentic food & decor. Presentation outstanding. Music brings me back to my India travels. Decor has added beautiful new curtains for all the windows. Bicycle rickshaw, bed with sewing machine, paintings, wooden tables and chairs ... one feels a part of India. Stainless steel pitcher filled with cool water adds to the authenticity. I've traveled many countries, including India, and the Mehek Punjab De is a gift to Fresno.

Pros: Taste, Texture, Ambiance
silystarrfish
silystarrfish

Wonderful!

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2009

This is definitely one of my new favourite restaurants. The staff is friendly, the food is cheap, tasty, made fresh, and fast.

I will be returning many times in the future.

Pros: Delicious food, cheap, great atmosphere
Cons: none

Kimakaze1
Kimakaze1

It's Great!!

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2009

I've been there twice for the mehek special ($7.25). It feeds two people and you get 3 curries of your choice, yogurt, rice, 2 chapattis and a dessert. It's a great deal and the food is wonderful. The atmosphere is put together well.

Pros: Great Food, Great Value, Nice Atmosphere
goneundone
goneundone

Delicious and Cheap

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2009

I think this place is delicious. I've tried the matter tofu and the matter paneer. The tofu was delicious! Everything is cooked fresh and it is amazingly cheap! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: Yummy, Fresh, Cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Mehek Punjab De: