Meesu Vegetarian Kitchen

Offers Taiwanese style meals using different mock meats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly,Taiwanese, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by RosePetal
AaronTimo
AaronTimo

Great menu and so tasty!

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

I love this place. I keep coming back for the Laksa and dumplings.

Pros: good selection of food, Flavoured teas, Good prices
Charis0421
Charis0421

Good! will go back again

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

Been here once and it was surprisingly yummy! My sister and I both enjoyed our meals, and the fellow who served us was a delight! he was very attentive and made sure we were happy!
The place could do with a bit of a re-vamp as the atmosphere is a little lacking...but i would go back again!

Pros: Great service, Yummy food, Well priced
Cons: Decor a bit outdated, Owners children behind the counter
pitty
pitty

Great food

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

I've been a regular here as the lemon chicken steak rice is one of my favourites. It's served in a bento box with salad, greens and rice. The entrees are great too especially the fried king mushrooms as well as the fake-shark-fin soup although I have never had real shark fin soup so no idea how close it is to the real thing. They offer a variety of asian - fake-meat dishes. rice can be ordered optional so I have never had to complain about the ratio as I tend to not order any rice or noodles on the side. Not to forget that this is actually a great place for 'milk' tea. Most dishes are vegan and only two or three contain egg. The service has always been great and no matter how big the group or how late we would show up - the were always friendly and very organised. I'd definitely recommend this place

Pros: great choice, great tea, good prices
TEQWIN
TEQWIN

Divine Crispy Chicken

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

Me and My Friends are frequent visitors and the Crispy Chicken with Cashews is a personal Favourite of mine as is the Hot Pot.
Friendly relaxed atmosphere , highly recommended , also I have taken our Non Vegetarian friends there and equally impressed

Pros: Great Food, Great Atmosphere, fresh N Quick
Cons: no outdoor seats

Jasmin Aplin
Jasmin Aplin

Big thumbs up

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2011

I have been to Meesu several times and I love it. The food is tasty. One of my favourites so far is the lemon gluten chicken! The drinks are a real treat, served in glasses that resemble a vase. I love the coconut soy milk with coffee jelly! Also recommend almond or taro soy milk. Yum. Also being on the edge of the city makes finding a park a breeze!

Pros: Affordable, Good location, friendly
Cons: very large portions
RosePetal
RosePetal

Meesu

2 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2011

I've been here twice and don't particularly like it. I find the food heavy on carb i.e. the meal is 90% noodle or rice with a couple of veggies on top. Maybe some people are happy to eat like that, but I'd much rather the ratio reversed!

As for entrees the salt and pepper tofu is not good. It's just fried tofu with no discernible salt or pepper taste. The spring rolls don't have a lot of flavour either. 'Chicken' nuggets are ok if you like that kind of thing. All were served with the same sweet tomato sauce. A friend said the shallot cakes here are great, but they were out the night we were there (the same friend said the salt and pepper tofu was great, so ...)

I wouldn't have gone back for a second time, except that my friend organised it.

It's open weekday evenings which is good as most of the veg places in Adelaide aren't.

Pros: Opening hours
Cons: Boring food
  • TomAnderson TomAnderson

"A friend said the shallot cakes here are great"

Just to point out, they don't have any shallots at this restaurant due to them being in the onion family. However they do have turnip/radish cake.

Dear Owner and Manager of Meesu Vegetarian Kitchen: