Serves meat, veg options available. Large selection of deli food as well a menu. Sells fresh pita bread. A lot of meatstuff, but the deli dishes, sold by weight, are labeled if "vegan," "vegetarian," "gluten-free," or "nut-free." The desserts, however, might contain honey or sugar syrup (indicated). Order at the counter, and food is delivered to your table. Street parking only. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

Jfer
Jfer

Best Mediterranean Food In Triangle

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

This is the best Mediterranean food in the Triangle and my favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill. There are a plethora of vegan options in there giant case of salads, sides and soups. Vegan options are specifically labeled as being vegan. They have the best hummus I've ever had. And the tabouli salad is to die for. They even make their own vegan and gluten free pita bread. In addition they have a free side item bar where you can add olives, pickles, and other sides and sauces to your food. I always leave with leftovers so I feel I'm getting value from my money.
They only have counter service and the acoustics are bad. So don't expect anything fancy or quiet, but do expect really good food.
The other thing I really like about this place is that I've been eating there for over 20 years and the food is consistently good every time I go. They don't change recipes on things that they have mastered. They are also the place to go if you want vegan catering.

Pros: Any vegan options, Great hummus, Big portions
Cons: Noisy atmosphere, Counter service
faisca
faisca

Run, Don't Walk!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

The vegan food here is amazing! The deli offers such a variety of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean foods that you'll never get bored. Everything's fresh, including handmade pitas and 3 kinds of hummus. I recommend the deli sampler (1-5 item). I've never ordered off the menu, as every time I walk by the deli display on the way to the counter I see 10 things I want to try. They even have a dressings bar, with several sauces (some hotter then others), pickled veggies, and olives. Never been disappointed here. A really pleasant eating experience overall.

Great for a quick lunch, or large group dinner. There's something here for everyone. Plenty of indoor seating. However, with no partition walls the volume can sometimes get very loud inside making it difficult to order and have conversations across the table. Also, street parking can be limited at certain times, and the place gets busy during rushes.

Pros: Large deli selection, Many veg options, Beer on tap
Cons: Loud, Difficult to order, Street parking can be limited sometimes

Dear Owner and Manager of Mediterranean Deli: