Mediterranean Blue

Serves meat, veg options available. A small, Greek family owned and operated restaurant that offers vegetarian and vegan options that are prepared and cooked separately, including falafel, grilled seasonal vegetable dish that includes grilled eggplant and zucchini, Mini Meze with kalamata olives and peppers and more. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Non-veg
435 E Michigan St
Orlando, Florida 32806
407-422-2583

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by themcjeff
TheresaTouhey
TheresaTouhey

Quick, Convenient And Delish!

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

So it was almost 9 PM and my boyfriend and I were hungry. We had read about Mediterranean Blue on Happy Cow and decided to give it a try. I had some summer slaw which was light and refreshing and I had the mama's vegetable sandwich which was piping hot and bursting with flavor. My guy had falafel with tahini which he said was very good...like B plus/ A minus good. He ordered the fries with only salt and thought they were a solid B.

Overall pretty decent food. We will go back again.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Charming, Red Sauce Was Very Flavorful
Cons: No Vegan Desserts
lupitamaria
lupitamaria

Delicious falafel!

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2012

I have been to Mediterranean Blue a few times and I am always satisfied with my experience. The atmosphere is lovely with excellent service. Most importantly, the food is delicious. I always get the falafel with tahini--very yummy. I have also enjoyed the dolmades and baklava. Prices are very reasonable. They have wonderful options for vegetarians and I will continue to return.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly staff
themcjeff
themcjeff

My new neighborhood spot

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

Despite living down the street from Mediterranean Blue, I had no idea it was there. I found it here on Happy Cow, went for lunch, and just got back from dinner. I was clearly impressed with this little Greek deli. Not only was the food great and reasonably priced, Gail (one of the owners) was so incredibly friendly--and excited about my veganism--that I felt like I was eating in her home.

Lunch consisted of a pick-three-plus-pita deli case special for $5.50. I selected the hummus, falafel, and a collard/bean salad. Intrigued by the idea of Greek seasoned fries, I added a small order. I got out there for $7.50, which, for the amount of food, is a deal. Everything on the plate went well together: I was literally taking a piece of pita, plopping on some collards, a piece of falafel, a french fry or two, and pinching it together like a little sandwich. Gail also gave me a sample of her balsamic beets (homemade balsamic dressing!) and they were delectable.

Dinner was the Mom's Grilled Veggie sandwich: Grilled eggplant, zucchini, and onions served on a warm pita with a generous helping of the homemade marinara sauce. ($6.50) For an additional, 99 cents I added a side of the fries (and I never eat french fries, let alone twice in one day.) I had just finished a 5 mile run; the sandwich was bursting with flavor and--paired with the fries--was just what I needed to reinvigorate myself.

The atmosphere:
Counter service with food-runners. Laid back, surprisingly spacious with indoor and outdoor seating. I'm not really big on the "ambience" factor but I enjoyed the music they were playing and the clean, cozy, well-decorated tables. Also, they have bottles of sriracha on hand. (Which every restaurant needs to catch on to.)

The staff:
As I mentioned, Gail couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. She joked that I'd be back, I could tell by her face that she hadn't expected me to show up so soon. I'm a really relaxed client, I don't expect much from my wait staff and I'd rather just be left alone with my food. All the same, it goes a long way with me when a restaurant owner treats you like a friend. I don't like any of the restaurants near my house (in the SoDo area) except for Chai Thai--which, while very good, is also fairly expensive. I'm glad to have quick, affordable food with an expansive vegan menu so close by.

Pros: Friendliness, Variety of vegan options, Affordability
Cons: Disposable plates, forks, cups, etc.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mediterranean Blue: