This cafe is an extension to Meadowlark yoga school. Offers a large selection of juices, tea and coffee, plus raw food, sandwiches, soup and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, American, Juice bar, Raw

craigmc
craigmc

good lunch option.

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2014

The cafe has a really nice feel to it, lots of lights and I could waste away a decent amount of time here, free wi-fi as well. As with my first visit I found the staff lovely and I'm sure with time this can only benefit the cafe.
thee is a good selection of food, I had a red pepper soup with harissa which I think is from union of genius, which are always really good. I had a really nice houmous and red pepper sandwich on rye bread for dipping purposes.
There is a good selection of teas, coffee and healthy juice blends made to order. There is an emphasis on well being with the menu and i'm sue once established this will increase in choice.
There was a vegan savoury tart and vegan muffins as ell as a couple of vegan sandwiches.
A very good option for lunch, with the meadows on its doorstep takeaway on a good day for some vitamin D.

Went again recently on a sunday, limited menu one vegan and one veggie sandwich, had a juice as well and could feel the goodness flowing in. limited but lovely staff.

Updated from previous review on Monday November 03, 2014

Pros: Nice premises, good selection, tasty and healthy.
Tiggy
Tiggy

Fine for a simple lunch

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

My friend and I came here for the second half of our lunch and were welcomed and assisted by two very friendly members of staff. Checking out the blackboard menu, we both ordered the coconut and carrot soup with bread, which unfortunately was fairly lacking in flavour. I followed this up with a strawberry, banana and coconut smoothie, which was OK but just a little on the watery side. We took away some lemon and chia seed cake and this was fine with a cup of coffee later but a little sugary/gritty, a texture halfway between cake and icing (although it was all cake). This place seems fine for lunch but I wouldn't expect anything amazing.

Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff
Cons: Food not amazing
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

A fantastic new cafe in Edinburgh!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

I came here for lunch on the weekend with the Edinburgh Vegan/Vegetarian Meetup, and it was excellent! The food was great with plenty of vegan options. I had a herby lentil socca with a side salad, coffee, a piece of incredibly moist and delicious courgette cake and a green juice, all of which were fantastic. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, and the space itself is lovely, bright and airy.

My only criticism is that the cafe still seems a little confused about what ingredients are vegan (for example, a cake containing honeyed figs was labelled vegan) but I mentioned it to them and I think that with time this will improve, as this is a very new cafe! I'll definitely be coming back here again, especially when I feel the urge for something both healthy and delicious.

Pros: Healthy, delicious vegan food, Super friendly, helpful staff, Lovely, clean bright space
Cons: Mislabelling of honey products as vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Meadowlark No. 39: