Serves meat, veg options available. Irish tavern offering a few veggie choices including a veggie burger, gardener's pie. Vegans could have one of the appetizers, one salad, the fried avocado tacos, grilled cauliflower steak, and a veggie wrap - be sure to specify if vegan to be sure. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri 11:00am-2:00am, Sat 10:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-12:00am

First Review by sweetszlove
EricPosch
EricPosch

Now even more vegan friendly!

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2015

Went here on 6/2/15, post renovation and post menu change. They now label all items as vegetarian or vegan, which is very much appreciated and rare in Colorado Springs. I only tried the fried avocado street tacos this time around, but they were delicious!

This place has always been one of my favorites even before this, because of their great service and fun atmosphere. Now that their menu is even more vegan friendly, I'll be returning often.

Pros: Several vegan options, Vegetarian/vegan options labeled, Great service
JT
JT

great shepherd's pie

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2009

We went in just to try the gardener's pie as mentioned on Happy Cow, and were not disappointed. It was comfort food on a rainy day. There was some sports event on tv, so was a bit loud, but we're glad we went.

powersnighthawk
powersnighthawk

Excelent Gardner's pie

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

I love their Gardner's Pie so much I've been trying to re-create it at home. My husband used to love their homeade veggie burger, however, last time we went they had switched to Boca brand frozen burgers, yuck! We spoke with the manager, who seemed genuinely concerned, so hopefully they have switched back. They also have several veggie appetizers and sides.

Pros: Homeade Gardner's Pie, Friendly service & management, Downtown location
Cons: Boca burgers suck!

sweetszlove
sweetszlove

Fills the tummy

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2008

They have a vegan burger and a veggie sub. The bread is vegan so you're fine with the bun. The fries are yummy, and they have strongbow hard cider on tap. I've been there about six times and they've never messed up my order as long as I specified no dairy.

Pros: Vegan bread, Good drinks, Parking
Cons: SLOW service

Dear Owner and Manager of McCabe's Tavern: