Serves meat, veg options available. Irish Tavern with vegetarian options including a veggie burger, gardener's pie, and appetizers. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by sweetszlove
JT
JT

great shepherd's pie

4 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2009

We went in just to try the gardener's pie as mentioned on Happy Cow, and were not disappointed. It was comfort food on a rainy day. There was some sports event on tv, so was a bit loud, but we're glad we went.

powersnighthawk
powersnighthawk

Excelent Gardner's pie

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

I love their Gardner's Pie so much I've been trying to re-create it at home. My husband used to love their homeade veggie burger, however, last time we went they had switched to Boca brand frozen burgers, yuck! We spoke with the manager, who seemed genuinely concerned, so hopefully they have switched back. They also have several veggie appetizers and sides.

Pros: Homeade Gardner's Pie, Friendly service & management, Downtown location
Cons: Boca burgers suck!
sweetszlove
sweetszlove

Fills the tummy

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2008

They have a vegan burger and a veggie sub. The bread is vegan so you're fine with the bun. The fries are yummy, and they have strongbow hard cider on tap. I've been there about six times and they've never messed up my order as long as I specified no dairy.

Pros: Vegan bread, Good drinks, Parking
Cons: SLOW service

Dear Owner and Manager of McCabe's Tavern: