Small all-in-one mercantile with a nice selection of vegetarian and organic foods, sundries, and beverages. Also sells clothes and footwear. more-less

First Review by ZuZu
ZuZu
ZuZu

cute store, but not really vegan friendly

3 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

This is a great little place, but none of the baked goods or sandwiches are vegan. Read carefully before using the bulk bins if you are vegan! This store is friendly, but not especially vegan friendly. They do have some fresh, local produce in season, and if you leave with incredibly delicious carrots, you leave happy, right?! If you happen to eat cheese, they do carry Sunny Pine Farm cheeses.The Sunny Pine folks treat their goats with the upmost care and respect and I consider their products to be the most ethical animal products I know of, even though I myself am vegan. They also have a pretty good beer selection here!

Pros: Snacks for hiking or the road, friendly, local products
Cons: not too much for vegans

Dear Owner and Manager of Mazama Store: