Maya Cafe Mediterranean Lif...

Small cafe opened in early-2013 in a trendy area. Has wifi. Serves vegetarian, vegan, and raw food. Menu changes from time to time and typically includes soup, dahl, quinoa salad combo, mezze platter with multi grain bread, and various desserts. Most items are vegan. Offers a fixed price 3-course brunch on the weekends. Owner and cook both speak English. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Raw, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine
5 Moon Street, Wanchai (ground floor)
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
+852-25293319
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by locamike
Reptile
Reptile

dairy cheese on the vegan option

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2014

I ordered the risotto which is listed on the menu as vegan with cashew cream but when it arrived it was covered in dairy cheese. The rice was not risotto rice and looked mushy. Perhaps the staff were new because the menu was written with understanding of vegans but if you eat here stress what you won't eat even if it looks safe. Good juices.

sglcklch
sglcklch

Food not bad but oh so overpriced

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner here a couple days back. We didn't see anything to our liking on the set dinner menu, so we ordered a la carte and got two entrees—the mushroom-parmesan-sunflower seed stuffed eggplants (HK$182) and the frittata (HK$158), both of which came with a small bowl of spinach salad.

My BF said the eggplants were good (I didn't get a taste because they weren't vegan), and my frittata wasn't bad either, but in no way should they be worth that much. They were nothing more than eggplants over a tomatoey brown rice and some tofu-potato-pea concoction with tomato sauce, which probably cost them what, HK$15 to make? Plus, they were already prepared and only had to be reheated (I did hear the microwave go off). I have no problem spending a bit more on meals as long as the value is right, but this just wasn't it. Well, Wanchai is the wealthiest district in Hong Kong, so I guess they have to charge exorbitant prices to pay the rent. The three-course option at HK$248 would have been a slightly better deal, but the selection was so uninteresting. In fact, the entire menu is lackluster, and after you take out the non-vegan stuff, there really isn't much left to choose from... unless you don't mind getting ripped off for things like dal, quinoa salad, zucchini noodles, vegetable stew with brown rice, yada yada yada. Needless to say I won't be back anytime soon.

Cons: poor value, boring menu
munchinmari
munchinmari
  • herbivore

YUM

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

Everything here is super delicious, they use delicious spices that give their dishes a unique flavor which I absolutely love. Great juices too! The offer raw dishes as well which is a nice option. Have been here several times and I always come back, they have never disappointed me here :)

Stevie
Stevie

Maya Cafe, Hong Kong

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

I had dinner here with the local meet up group. 200 bucks honky for all vegan nibbles and booze free sangria to start with, raw food gazpacho then a vegan tofu frittata. Dessert was chocolate mousse. Very tasty indeed.

I've had bigger portions in other places but all things together it was about the right portion size. Nice setting and the service was fine also.

Not for anyone at a time when they are on a tight budget.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty food
Cons: A little pricey
locamike
locamike
  • fruitarian

UNEXPECTED YUMMYNESS!

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I went to Maya Cafe the other day because I got 2 FREE juices (anyone can get it if you download an app called LOCACLICK on googleplay or apple appstore) and everything is so good! The juices are fun and healthy, and you must absolutely try the desserts!!!
The location is also awesome; near star street but you wouldn't feel you're in wanchai... it's so quiet and peaceful.

Pros: friendly staff, the desserts are good

Dear Owner and Manager of Maya Cafe Mediterranean Lifestyle: