FEB 2014 reported all vegan and moved to the Asoke area near Sukhumvit Road Soi 21, opposite Terminal 21 - if coming Asoke BTS, take exit 4 and the first right and it is 70m away. Same owners. Vegan cafe offering dishes including faux meats, masaman king oyster mushroom curry with Indian bread, tofu green curry served with brown rice, fried rice with tom yum soup, Thai salad with crunchy tofu, some veggie burgers, fresh fruit and herbal drinks, fresh soya milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, Western

• Cash only

First Review by w11guy
wsh79
wsh79

convenient place with english menu

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2015

located at a convenient spot. Next to Asok station, exit 4, take the staircase on the left.
Will pass by Citypoint hotel.
Food is quite good. Some of them contain onion/garlic. Even though menu stated that those with onion/garlic is marked, apparently it is not all.
I had order a chicken steak which on the menu shouldn't contain onion/garlic, but the chilli that came with it still contain garlic despite me telling the waitress when i placed order that my food shouldn;t contain any onion/garlic.
Environment is quiet and simple, hence, find the price abit expensive for that. But overall, food is quite good. Will go there again if i'm in bangkok.

Suki Lor
Suki Lor

ask the staff if your food takes a long time

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

I just had an early dinner at May Veggie Home. I ordered an avocado salad & rice with green curry. I waited perhaps 25 minutes & when I enquired, I was first told my food would come soon. Only after some time did the staff explain that the kitchen had run out of avocados & presumably someone went to buy the fruit. If only I had known earlier; I was ravenous & would have gladly canceled the salad order & just have my main course.
So if you end up waiting a long time for your food, do persist and ask why there's a delay.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 13, 2015

CarlosGP
CarlosGP

Good Thai-style veggie food

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2015

Overall this is a great place, with nice, healthy food and friendly service. Just be prepared in that the flavouring is Thai, as you would expect. You might want to let them know how spicy you would like the food to be, or end up with a surprise on the hot side!

Other than that, the location is great and I'd certainly recommend it.

Pros: Great location, Healthy food, Friendly service
Cons: Maybe a bit on the spicy side

Thonglor Sadiang
Thonglor Sadiang

Good Recommendation

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

One of our customers told about this place, so we went there on Sunday and found out that this recommendation was good.

We will recommend to our customers when they go to bangkok.

Pros: Clean, Tasty food
jojoinbrighton
jojoinbrighton

Great place!

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2015

Visited here a couple of times when I was in BKK, it's really easy to find as it's right by two stations. I loved the faux fish burger and the mock duck teriyaki. Everyone was super friendly and I enjoyed seeing other vegan travellers cards and info up on the pinboard! This place also has a little vegan bakery inside, I didn't try anything from there but I intend to when I go back.

Pros: Easy to find, Vegan desserts, Amazing mock meats
jre8995
jre8995

hit and miss

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2015

i went here twice

first for dinner, when i had a mussalman curry, which was a bit muddy in flavour.

went back for lunch as wanted a son tam, and happy to say it was very good

Pros: good location, attentive staff
Cons: not consistent
kezia
kezia

Fabulous Find In Bangkok!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2015

I have holidayed in Thailand many times, over the years and often stayed in Sukhumvit, so why I've never been to 'May Veggie Home' before, I can't imagine! However, this time, we visited the restaurant two days in a row!

Despite the restaurant being very near to Asoke BTS Station, we got lost trying to find it the first time, so here is my 'idiots guide', to finding it: Coming from Asoke, take exit 4 from the BTS and go over the road bridge & down the stairs. Turn left, and walk for about 20 metres, then turn right and walk 20 metres again and May Veggie Home will be on your right, directly opposite the huge Exchange Tower building. Directions over with and back to the restaurant.
The menu is huge and I found it difficult to make a choice, as everything looked great! To start, we had the deep fried tofu, a dish that can easily be too greasy, but this was perfectly done with a nice dipping sauce on the side. Being in Thailand and eating lots of curries and rice I decided for my main course, to go for the 'Mock Chicken Burger' which was delicious. It came with their own home made vegan mayonnaise/ ketchup and fries on the side. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had in Thailand, if not the best.
With the vast menu to choose from my boyfirend went for something diffrent and non-Thai, just for a change. He had a Japanese inspired dish, 'Kao Gaeng Garee Kai Tonkutsu', which was Japanese curry, with mixed vegetables and fried mock-chicken, with a soup on the side. He said it was excellent.
They make their own vegan ice cream, which I had for dessert. They also have home made & individually packaged cakes, which I didn't try, but they looked good! I have documented a lot of the food in my photographs.
It is very slightly more expensive than other Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in Bangkok, but I think this is reflective of the business area in which it is located.
The restaurant itself, is very large inside and seems to attract and equal mix of ex-pats and local Thai people. I'm looking forward to going there again when I'm next in Bangkok.

Pros: Amazing choice of vegan food, Good location, Best veggie burger in Bangkok!
Cons: A little expensive
kenvegan
kenvegan

Good veggie burger

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2015

I just had a veggie burger at this restaurant. It was pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

Vanzuu3005
Vanzuu3005

delicious!

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2015

We need to go back today, because we are already addicted :)

morgan4295
morgan4295

Eat here almost every day of my BBK stay

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2015

First of all, nice not to have to worry about the sneaky fish sauce in everything. May Veggie Home was great and I keep going back. As in many Asian places there will be a lot of mock meat. I'm not a huge fan of that. I strongly recommend the Pho Yum! Cocoa Banana Ricemilk shake, the Yellow curry with friend tofu, and the Spicy Papaya salad.
The Premium dishes and be skipped.

Pros: Vegan and Organic, Nice clean and good space
Cons: A lot of mock meat in the menu
misstracee
misstracee

may veggie.

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2015

sure it is slightly more expensive than street vendors. i have a severe shellfish allergy and i can't really risk it. so eating at a fully vegan restaurant where i pay a bit more, i'm good with that.

we ended up eating here twice over our 5 day stay in bangkok. it was well worth it. the food was delicious and full of flavor. the restaurant is large and bright. there was free wi-fi and the staff was very friendly. the staff's english was limited, but so is my thai and i'm in their country not mine, so no complaints.
if i were in a large english speaking city, the meals would have easily been 3x the cost we paid.

Pros: vegan , delicious, free wi-fi
Jrosworld
Jrosworld

Rivals Bonita

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2015

Everything about this place is perfect, from the ambient atmosphere to the delicious food. Even the waitress was beautiful, not that I'll let that sway my opinion in the slightest.

It gives Bonita a run for it's money as my favourite vegan restaurant in Bangkok.

I recommend the deluxe veggie burger, which at 159 baht is by far the most expensive veggie burger that I've had in Thailand. It was worth the money though.

Pretty centrally located too, an easy walk from Asok BTS or Sukhumvit MRT.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 05, 2015

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Lovely atmosphere
Cons: A little expensive (although worth it)
Mister Yeti
Mister Yeti

great food in a nice place

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2015

May Veggie Home is stylish, centrally located and offers a range of freshly prepared dishes, from burgers and salads, all kinds of Thai and Japanese dishes and snacks. The place is mostly popular with foreigners.

Clearly, May Veggie Home doesn't compete with vegetarian street food restaurants, which is reflected in their prices. Comparing to other upper class vegetarian restaurants in Bangkok, I still think they offer good value for money.

Personally I wouldn't necessarily go to May Veggie Home to eat Thai dishes. There are many other restaurants for that in Bangkok. But if you are looking for a good Veggie Burger or some other non-Thai vegetarian treats, this is great place to eat.

Pros: central location, easy to find, multilingual menu, diverse choice of cuisines
Cons: thai food is spiced down, rather pricey
Sterling
Sterling

good

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

Was there two times.
I like the food.
It's a bit cold, try to avoid sitting under the AC.
They have a broad variety Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai.
It all tasted good.

They have vegan ice cream as well, which comes in quite handy as desert :D

Pros: all vegan, tastes good
LilacHippy
LilacHippy

Great Vegan Dishes

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

The food here is excellent. The menu is huge, and they offer Thai and Western food and includes interesting stuff. The portions aren't massive but it's quite good value for the price you pay. There is also vegan ice creams and even cakes for desserts. Nice and pleasant place to sit, too.

Pros: Huge menu, Great location, Delicious food
Plantpower
Plantpower

Good, not amazing

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2015

Food is ok, but I agree that it's rather pricey for the small portions. If you want to spend that much, you might as well go to rasayana raw restaurant. It's actually cheaper there and I found the portions to be bigger.

Pros: All vegan, Different cuisines
Cons: Expensive, Small portions
jc_silver
jc_silver
  • raw

Average And Overpriced

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

I found this cafe not more than average. The prices are on the high side and the portion on the small. The atmosphere is weird, quite cold, maybe just right for the people in this area of town?

Dishes start from 99THB but most of them are around 180! And you can't fill up on one …

The biggest joke was the beetroot juice. 89THB for 100ml.

Sorry, I didn't like it. The only good thing about this place is that it's a vegetarian and is organic.

Pros: Vegetarian, Organic, Ice Cream
Cons: Expensive, Small Portions, Cold Atmosphere
IanT
IanT

Excellent veggie cafe - well worth a trip

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2015

Great little cafe. Good range of options including lots of faux meat. Delicious food, good prices. one of the best thai meals in ages. Lovely range of vegan cakes and icecream too.

ryann
ryann

mmmmm

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I think this might be my favorite place in Bangkok.

Pros: supper tasty, ~$10 will get you a full meal
Cons: I don't live in Bangkok
JessieLim
JessieLim

GOOD FOOD!

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2014

The food is really good. Lovely atmosphere. Friendly staff speaking English.
A few dishes contain onion & garlic, but they are indicated in the menu. Just avoid them if you are a Buddhist vegetarian.
It was a pleasant experience. Love the yellow curry and the fried chicken with spicy sauce. They serve vegan ice-cream too! Will visit it when we go Bangkok again.
It would be better if the price can be lower though.

Pros: yummy, location, vegan desserts
Cons: slightly expensive
Joschi
Joschi

Best vegan Thai food in Bangkok

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2014

I have tried out many restaurants. Veggie May is the best and freshest I could find so far. My meateating friends are all impressed, too. Lots of mocked meat options and I love for example, the "chicken" burger, the chicken cashew nut, black pepper meat and the bacon-mushroom sticks. Highly recommended for a place to show carnivores that food can be supperyummie and healthy. Friendly owner cooks herself often. (Ms. May). Great vegan icecream, too.

Pros: Excellent Thai food
Cons: Main dishes 160-220 Baht
earthville
earthville

One of our Bankgok faves

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

May Veggie Home offers a winning take on the traveler café formula. Diverse menu, with a mix of healthy dishes and fried indulgences, so guests can have one, the other, or a mix. We much enjoyed the curries and many of the appetizers. Good desserts, too.

Service depends a lot on who comes to your table, and in general might be characterized as "casual," with the whole spectrum of things that can imply.

Hopefully they will keep improving in the new location and become an enduring institution.

Pros: Delicious & diverse menu, all vegan, good drinks and desserts
Cons: Service has been inconsistent
Grahame
Grahame

Splendidly convenient veggie eaterie

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2014

As a twice yearly visitor to Bangkok I've always been on the search for good food for vegetarians. At last I've found the perfect restaurant. It's also close to Asoke BTS near to where I usually stay. The food was fresh, tasty and imaginative and not expensive even for Bangkok. My first meal there was a faux chicken stir fry affair with fake sausage rice which was very tasty. Maybe an odd combo but it worked for me. Then a tasty fruit salad. For my farewell to Bangkok meal a couple of weeks later I had a fantastic veggie chicken steak with mash and fresh vegetables. Delicious. As I had more time I indulged in a ice cream dessert. The ice creams were 100% vegan I believe. I chose Black Sesame and Sweet Potato flavours. Wow! The owner chatted to me as well which showed that they care about their customers. I recommend not leaving it to late in the evening to go in as they don't open late. Will definitely return.

Updated from previous review on Sunday November 09, 2014

Pros: Quality of food, Variety, Imagination
Cons: Staff sometimes took a while to respond, Slight language barrier
caspar
caspar

Recommended

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

Ate here 3 times and each time left happy and well fed. Downsides are that it's at the pricier end, and I thought the menu relied on mock meats a little too much, but if neither of those put you off then definitely go as the food is well worthwhile.

gsbito
gsbito

Vegetarian Across Street from Exchange Tower

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

This vegetarian restaurant is directly across the street from Exchange Tower by the Asok BTS station.

I just paid a second visit to this restaurant this afternoon. Very good food, excellent variety of menu selections, and very tasty. Be careful though, if you order from the hot/spicy section, the items are VERY HOT and SPICY. I ordered one and it made me cry - just the way I like it - excellent!

As other have said, the staff is very friendly. Again, the restaurant is directly across the street from the Exchange Tower (which is adjacent to the Asok BTS station). You can see Exchange Tower front door from the restaurant. The prices are quite a bit higher than other restaurants but the restaurant is tourist grade quality and you'll find both locals and others eating here. I also had the Thai green tea, which is very different from Japanese or Chinese green tea - interesting taste. I had to go buy a tin elsewhere after I tasted it here.

Pros: quality food, friendly employees.
Cons: a bit more expensive than others.
Durianrider
Durianrider

Where is this place?

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

I hear good things and hear its open but have yet to be able to find it despite looking on their facebook page or website.

vane0001
vane0001

Best vegetarian food In BKK

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

Located very near Asok BTS. Friendly English speaking staff who gave us clear directions.
Super yummy veg chicken chop and Thai food. Even the vegan ice cream is awesome.
Prices are on the high set though.
Will come back to BKK just to eat at May's veggie house.
YUM.

ricklev
ricklev

Great food, but I'll never go back!

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

I'm writing this for the benefit of the owners with the hope that they will wake up a bit.

Please properly air condition your restaurant. It was at least 35 when I was there the other day. One feeble air conditioner was running, the other was turned off. Customers were fanning themselves. At least buy some fans if you don't want to spend the money to air condition your restaurant. But really, you spent all that money creating a restaurant, your prices are not that cheap, why not just properly air condition the place. It will pay off in many return visits.

The waiter was extremely sick and sneezing directly into the food. The combination of sitting in a much too hot room and listening to the waiter sneeze and sniffle continuously was just extremely unpleasant and unsanitary. Send him home....

The food was great and I would really like to eat there again. Why would I though?

Pros: Great food, Great food, Great food
Cons: Much to hot!, Sick waiter!, Sick water!
TantrkLvr
TantrkLvr

Delightful Vegan at a New Location

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

Highly recommend this Restaurant in it's new easy to find place, so close to the Asok BTS Skytrain and MRT subway. Expanded versatile menu, with traditional Thai dishes, as well as the best veggie burgers, mock chicken or fish burgers too! They now have a vast variety of coffee drinks, as well. Try the new 'Monkey Mokha' smoothie, with banana, chocolate & fresh local coffee. Great service, nice music and staff, as well.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 02, 2014

Pros: Lovely Interior
Cons: Last order at 8:30. Later=Better!
daveFCA
daveFCA

Great location, food & service

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

Nice & close to the Thong Lo BTS, we stopped in for lunch & ordered drinks, salad, curry & a stir fry. Everything came out fast & had plenty of flavour. The serving sizes were standard & there was plenty of variety on the menu. More expensive than a food court or buffet but that should be expected from this relaxing location. Highly recommended & worth a try!

Pros: Location, Variety, Thai flavours, not a Western focus
tiptopcat
tiptopcat

Really nice place with lovely friendly owner

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

I popped in here last week and thought it was a really nice place. The food was really tasty. I think the owners are a mum and daughter team - I met the the mum and she was a really lovely woman - super friendly (she had me go around helping remove stickers from her menus!).

Pros: Location, Selection, owners
scarrylarry
scarrylarry

Good Food; Bad Service

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

The food was really good. But the service was awkward. Some of the staff don't speak any English. Which is fine, except they wouldn't even try to communicate with me in Thai. Another got annoyed when I tried to speak Thai to her, assuring me she could speak English. Then she was really pushy when she brought the food to the very small table. "Take it!" I'd say in general everyone seemed to have a bit of an attitude. Maybe it was an off night. Maybe I'll give em another chance. But for now, it is what it is. This would easily be a four or five star rating if the service was better.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 23, 2013

Pros: Food
Cons: Service
  • maymaria maymaria

Hi scarrylarry,
    Sorry for very late action. I am May, Owner and Chef of May Veggie Home. I would like to say apologize to you about the situation you had met. Could you describe personality of the person who showed the bad service to you? I will give a warning to her. I always realize that customer is not just a customer. They are my family. Some of them become my sister or brother. Actually our shop has 3 people who run a business, My mom(PLOY:72yrs)and My sister(TUK :23yrs) and me. My mom and my sister working in a front site, cashier/take order/serve. All of us can speak English and Thai fluently. If one of them showed rude service to you, please feel free to tell me.
    I would like to say thank you again that you had been visited us and supported us to be a vegan cuisine which is very tuff biz in Thailand. Hope to see u again and have a nice day, Regards, May

Goattee
Goattee

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

The restaurant reopened this week after renovations. It was our first visit even though we live in the neighborhood. The veggie burger is delicious. I'm suspect even some carnivores would enjoy it. The sauteed Chinese kale was perfectly prepared with just enough garlic. We also had mock shrimp with tofu and cashews. That dish arrived with some mixed vegetables. We enjoyed our meal. The mother and daughter both speak English. So if you're a tourist you'll have no communication issues. What's our verdict? We both agreed that we'll be back on a regular basis.

Pros: Perfectly prepared dishes , Fresh Ingredients , Clean and pleasant
Cons: Service Is Uneven But Friendly
SteffySteff
SteffySteff

Healthy, refreshing and friendly!

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Bangkok. I am a big fan of Thai food, but as a vegetarian I am limited sometimes when it comes to street food. This restaurant is located in the hip Thong Lo area, close to the famous street food street on soi 38. The daughter runs the place, together with her mom. It used to be a library, now it's a yummy vegan restaurant. I go there a lot, but everytime I go there I end up ordering the same things. The 'Rice Noodle in special yellow curry', creamy and very tasty. If they have any brownies, I'll have them too! Simply delicious!

I like to go back there, not just because of the food, but the staff is very friendly and pleasant to be around. Sometimes they sit down for a little chat!

Pros: No MSG, Friendly Staff, Authentic Thai Food
Guest
Guest

Lovely vegan food with lovely service

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2013

Looking at the reviews below, it seems like some things have changed at May's Veggie Home. For one, they are fully vegan. There's no pizza on the menue anymore, but there is a delicious vegan burger.

I love this place, and I keep coming back. It seems like many of their customers are returning, so that's a good sign. The food is great, mostly thai food and fake meat (tofu steak, fake duck and fake chicken). Not only are they vegan, they are genuinely concerned about your health. For one, they substitute the coconut milk in their curries with other vegan milk types that are not as fatty, without compromising on the taste. You can get spicy or mild food - they will ask you what you prefer.

These nice discrete details just adds to the experience - first and foremost the food is great.

The service is fantastic. I have only once been told that there's was something on the menu they wouldn't make, but that time I came just as they were closing so I just appreciated that they would still keep the kitchen open for me. If you're lucky, you might even get some leftover dessert from a meal the lovely staff made for some monks earlier that day - or they might give you a rose when you leave. My favourite restaurant in my area, easily.

The restaurant can be a bit hard to find, but it's on Thonglor close to Thong Lo BTS Station under a citibank awning. It's worth looking for!

Pros: Great food, Kind staff, Focus on the food being healthy
Cons: Can be hard to find

lotustummy
lotustummy

friendly veggie mom and daughter

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

we luckily showed up one night as they were about to close and mom and daughter happily made us a pad thai and salad. we were told they had sold out and to come back earlier. The menu looked great so we showed up at noon next time - only to be served the same thing.
Dont get me wrong - their food is yummy and cooked with love BUT dont expect to get the spring rolls or green curry... they dont serve whatever is on the menu... its whatever they decide to cook that day :)
that being said - we ate there quite a bit in the week were in BKK and highly recommend it.
Do note though that the SMALL map on happy cow is right - NOT the big one you download. it is close to the Thong lo subway - right next to a citibank sign and a flower shop.

Pros: wonderful friendliness, good value
Cons: slow, not cooking what is on the menu
AmericanPhil
AmericanPhil

great

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2012

The service and owners here make the experience a warm welcome compared to other Thai restaurants. The good is good and very clean and healthy. It's one of my favorite places in Thailand :) a little pricey I'd say but worth the money. A dish and drink will run you about 100, which is very cheap, but still more than other places in bkk

Pros: service, healthy, clean
Cons: expensive?
Davemeredith
Davemeredith

Good but not great

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

We went here for lunch and it was very nice. We had Massaman curry mushroom steakand Tom kah. It was all made freshly and the big mushrooms usedfor the steak were delicious. The Massaman sauce was wonderful. We were a bit disappointed at the very small portions. The staff were busy making food boxes for flood victims which is commendable except it was a chicken lunch. The owner told us flood victims wouldn't eat veggy food. Really? Seems there was a bit of a lack of commitment to vegetarians there! I think Thai people are willing to eat veggy food and I very much doubt that they would throw out a veggy meal. It's great to runa veggy restaurant but maybe there's no need to be apologetic about it? Just a thought.

Pros: Tasty food, Made freshly, Central location
Cons: Small portions, Parking is tricky
w11guy
w11guy

Excellent - I'll be visiting often

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2011

I went here for the first time today and was very pleasantly surprised. This is a fairly large place with seating for about 30 downstairs and also extra seating upstairs. It's a very clean and welcoming space and also very laid-back. The menu has a great choice and the food is freshly cooked and very tasty. I had the Thai Salad with crispy tofu and also the veg and mushroom fried in basil sauce. Both were excellent. I also had a Strawberry Smoothie which was made with cereal milk (they don't use cow's milk). For dessert I had the Soya Paradise, which was quite large. All in all I was very impressed. The service was friendly and it is a place I will visit often. There aren't enough cafes like this Bangkok.

Pros: Friendly Service, Brown rice , Mostly vegan dishes
Cons: Closed on Sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of May Veggie Home: