Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese restaurant with entire separate vegetarian menu stating that they cook vegetarian cuisine on separate surfaces and with separate utensils. Almost all "mock" products: mock beef, mock chicken. Some tofu dishes. Vegetarian eggrolls. They don't use fish or oyster sauce. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg
3417 Lincoln Way (S. Franklin Ave.)
Ames, Iowa 50010
515-292-2089
  • Cash only

First Review by prasannarv
sarahjane
sarahjane

Good, cheap Chinese food

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2010

Mayhouse has a separate vegetarian menu. Their mock meats (wheat meat) are pretty good. I eat at Mayhouse when I want Chinese and am not in the mood for tofu.

Pros: Low price, Very friendly staff
KL213
KL213

Very good veggie opt..

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

My husband and I eat here every week. Very good Chinese food for vegans.
Poor atmosphere.

Pros: Cheap, Good, veg choices
Cons: gross bathroom, creepy atmosphere, No waiter, Cafateria style
prasannarv
prasannarv

My favorite Chinese

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2010

I love this restaurant. This restaurant is veg friendly, they have mock beef and chicken. I have never tasted chicken or beef, so cannot compare, but the mock meat do taste to my liking. Portions are large and the price is very economical. I am frequent visitor of this place. They can make any meat dishes on the menu and substitute with mock meat. I do wish that on the menu he would list the description, so I can make some choices, but it has not been an issue since the owner is very friendly and describes the menu item nicely. They do use MSG, so ask them to leave it out if you do not like it. They do mention using separate pots and pans for cooking vegetarian dishes, so cross contamination does not happen.

Pros: Excellent Value, Friendly, Mock Meat
Cons: Menu Description

Dear Owner and Manager of May House: