May Flower

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a large selection of tofu, seitan dishes, and vegetable dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Non-veg
2156 University Ave (Shattuck Ave)
Berkeley, California 94704
510-883-9788

First Review by kparent
kparent
kparent

Solid Chinese food with great Veg/Vegan choices

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2011

I'm a veggie and I went here with my vegan husband and some students of mine who were meat eaters and not well versed in Chinese food. We all found things we really enjoyed. The menu very clearly sets off veggie and vegan choices, and since many items can be ordered meaty or meatless, the waiter was careful to be sure which we wanted. My husband ordered the veggie chicken with double mushroom, which was amazing. Great sauce and perfectly cooked. I had tofu with mixed vegetables which was perfectly cooked as well. The veggie potsticker appetizer was tasty, and was enjoyed by our meat eating companions. Large veggie/vegan menu, including lots of veggie meat substitutes. Prices were right as well. Casual locale right by UC Berkeley campus. Recommended!

Pros: lots of options, price, service

Dear Owner and Manager of May Flower: