Organic raw food cafe serving primarily raw food with usually one cooked soup and one cooked grain bowl. Features house-made kombucha on tap. A refrigerator case is filled throughout the day with grab-n-go raw entrees (pizza, wrap, hummus platter) along with raw desserts and chocolate. On occasion a dessert might contain bee pollen - vegans to inquire. Small interior with amble seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, American, Take-out
810 Kokomo Rd Unit 136 (back of Haiku Town Center, Maui)
Haiku, Hawaii

Chia
Chia

Clean, Healthy, Tasty

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and was just here in December 2012. Here's my Maui Kombucha review.

It's a little cafe in the back of the Haiku town center where some shops and restaurants on, in the same area as the restaurant VegOut.

Their specialty is kombucha on tap for beverage and raw food and desserts for eating. We were treated to sample shots of kombucha. Interesting, though the alcohol content made me a bit warm.

We ordered the MK raw burger, $11, which came with a side of salted dehydrated vegetable sticks, $1.50. The burger was was delicious but the vegetable sticks, while interestingly spiced, was too salty.

We also got their cooked bowl of the day, a millet and rice bowl topped with salad greens, $8. That was yummy, too.

The fridge was filled with all kinds of raw pies and chocolate bars. We tried the mixed fruit parfait and enjoy it, too, $6. Their chocolate raw pie was yum, too, $6.

I would definitely recommend coming here when in this part of Maui.

Pros: excellent raw pies, tasty raw food, quaint little place
sullivusb
sullivusb

Really good raw food

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

This place had excellent raw food options. We picked up a raw lasagna/salad combo and a raw philly cheesesteak to take with us on the road to Hana. We didn't end up eating them until the next morning but they were both excellent the next day. Better than many raw food dishes I have had at other raw restaurants.

We did pick up a glass of kombucha. I have never really liked kombucha but thought that I might like this since it was brewed fresh. Unfortunately I still didn't like it but my husband happily drank it.

Pros: Good raw options, nice staff, food refrigerates well
Nathan
Nathan

Best raw, vegan food on Maui, hands down!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I spent a year living on Maui in 2009/2010 and frequented MK often. Their food was always super fresh, raw, vegan & %100 organic, and, much if it was local. (I can attest to that because I used to sell to them at the local farmers market!)

Their deserts are to die for and their Kombucha is equally good. The place is cozy with a nice atmosphere.

Pros: Fresh, local organic, %100 raw/vegan
Cons: Not visible from street/hidden

Dear Owner and Manager of Maui Kombucha: