A 99% vegan/100% organic raw food cafe serving primarily raw food with the exception of one cooked soup and one cooked grain bowl. The only non-vegan item is bee pollen which is an ingredient in an occasional dessert, so vegans please inquire. Features made-in-house kombucha on tap. A refrigerator case is filled throughout the day with grab-n-go raw entrees (pizza, wrap, hummus platter) along with raw desserts and chocolate. Small interior with ample seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, All Raw, Organic, American, Take-out
810 Kokomo Rd, Unit 136 (/Behind Haiku Town Center, Maui)
Haiku, Hawaii 96708
808-575-5233
Closed time

Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Nathan
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

I would eat here everyday if I could

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2015

This place was well worth the drive. I stayed in Kihei on my trip and came out here twice because I was so impressed. The desserts are to die for and the kombucha is fresh on tap. I never wanted to leave. Its also close to a super amazing beach that I also never wanted to leave so pair it with fresh kombucha and I could die happy.
I had breakfast here one morning and then grabbed a pie of cacao hazelnut torte for later. OMG. I can't even describe the heaven I had in my mouth with the first bite. The staff were friendly, adorable, and super helpful. They even let me try all 3 flavours of kombucha on tap before I chose the one I wanted. I'd go back to Hawaii just to eat here again.

Pros: Great raw food, Out of this world desserts, Kombucha on tap
Cons: A little small with limited seating, A bit of a drive from Kihei
sophie666
sophie666

Healthy Raw Fast Food

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

Really cool little spot that makes strong kombucha.

I tried most of their deserts and a few of their mains, all of which were very tasty and quick!

Definitely check this place out when you get the chance.

JenVeganMaui
JenVeganMaui

Worth the drive

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

I have eaten here maybe 25 times and never been disappointed; additionally, I often bring my guests vacationing on the island here, and they end up going there to eat several times in the duration of their short stay! The selection of raw food is impressive, as well as their salad ingredients, and raw desserts. There are always free tastings of their kombucha on tap, service is friendly (I am always treated like family), and all ingredients are listed or available for those with dietary restrictions.

Pros: Quality, affordable raw food fare, Integrity of food , Staff will accommodate dietary requests
Cons: Location is hidden from street, Difficult to find-it's in the very back!, Small place, limited seating

Chia
Chia

Clean, Healthy, Tasty

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and was just here in December 2012. Here's my Maui Kombucha review.

It's a little cafe in the back of the Haiku town center where some shops and restaurants on, in the same area as the restaurant VegOut.

Their specialty is kombucha on tap for beverage and raw food and desserts for eating. We were treated to sample shots of kombucha. Interesting, though the alcohol content made me a bit warm.

We ordered the MK raw burger, $11, which came with a side of salted dehydrated vegetable sticks, $1.50. The burger was was delicious but the vegetable sticks, while interestingly spiced, was too salty.

We also got their cooked bowl of the day, a millet and rice bowl topped with salad greens, $8. That was yummy, too.

The fridge was filled with all kinds of raw pies and chocolate bars. We tried the mixed fruit parfait and enjoy it, too, $6. Their chocolate raw pie was yum, too, $6.

I would definitely recommend coming here when in this part of Maui.

Pros: excellent raw pies, tasty raw food, quaint little place
sullivusb
sullivusb

Really good raw food

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

This place had excellent raw food options. We picked up a raw lasagna/salad combo and a raw philly cheesesteak to take with us on the road to Hana. We didn't end up eating them until the next morning but they were both excellent the next day. Better than many raw food dishes I have had at other raw restaurants.

We did pick up a glass of kombucha. I have never really liked kombucha but thought that I might like this since it was brewed fresh. Unfortunately I still didn't like it but my husband happily drank it.

Pros: Good raw options, nice staff, food refrigerates well
Nathan
Nathan

Best raw, vegan food on Maui, hands down!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I spent a year living on Maui in 2009/2010 and frequented MK often. Their food was always super fresh, raw, vegan & %100 organic, and, much if it was local. (I can attest to that because I used to sell to them at the local farmers market!)

Their deserts are to die for and their Kombucha is equally good. The place is cozy with a nice atmosphere.

Pros: Fresh, local organic, %100 raw/vegan
Cons: Not visible from street/hidden

Dear Owner and Manager of Maui Kombucha: