An international food shop carrying a variety of foodstuffs, including tofu products, vegan and veggie cheese, hummus, falafel, sprouted seeds, soy/dairy yogurts, vegan ice creams, and some unusual ingredients, rice, noodles, dried beans, dried fruit. Not all veg. more-less

First Review by estefinparis

loved it!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

What a smell in there!!!! I love it!
A lot of vegan offers for low prices. I wished we would have a shop like that here in Aachen!

Pros: a lot of vegan offers, very fresh food, friendly staff

Matta's, Liverpool

3 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

Matta's bills itself as an international food shop and not as a health food shop. Some of their things on offer will almost certainly interest a large number of vegetarians of all persuasions (including vegan veggies).

However some of the things that they are offer are quite obviously not vegetarian without having to read label the to see the ingredients (eg dead fish in the freezer compartment). I personally find this somewhat off putting and I have one friend who refuses to go there on account of this. Having said that though they do have some brilliant stuff in Matta's and some veg*n friendly things that I'm not aware in any of the health food shops in Liverpool. I find myself going there a bit more regularly. Its a real shame about some of the things that they sell so far that reason I am unable to rate it higher than this.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 25, 2008

Pros: Some vegan veggie offerings
Cons: Not 100% vegetarian

Not all vegan... but staff are willing to help

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

Plenty of vegan options amongst others and good value for money (especially the bulk bags of dried beans).

Many vegan products

3 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

Matta's was a life saver while in Liverpool as it stocks plenty of vegan products including spreads, milks, faux meats... Matta's is not at all, however, a 100% veg shop. Helpful and friendly staff.

Dear Owner and Manager of Matta's: