Part of restaurant chain with outlets in Bangalore. Food tends to be spicy but not very oily. Can request for less spicy. Price: Moderate more-less
Indian

First Review by Stevie
konlish
konlish

Horrific Experience

2 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

Extremely disappointed. My 1st restaurant experience in Bangalore. We clearly told them no Milk no dairy. Yet we find out that one of the curries had milk in it. We are not Hindi speaking nor know about other cultures traditional dishes. Yet they blamed us that we did not know that makani means it has milk in it. Certainly not suitable for foreigners. Not at all worth it! On top of it all as vegans we were told by the staff that "a little bit of milk is good for you!" How rude is that! Disgusting.

Cons: Not vegan Friendly, Not suitable for foreingers, Rude staff
Stevie
Stevie

Mast Kalandar, Bangalore

2 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2010

This place is on a terrace and is accessed from the side door rather than a door on Church St itself. Despite the high rise setting the view isn't up to much.

The menu presentation is a bit like a fast food joint with al sorts of deals and combos on offer. As is usually the case it took a little bit of effort to get through about food made without milk products but we seemed to get there in the end. Once I ordered the food was with me very quickly and was pleasant enough.

While I wouldn't say it was deafening, the music in here was pretty loud and all the same style of music when I was there. If contemporary R&B isn't your thing then go somewhere else as there are lots of places around to choose from.

Pros: Central
Cons: Loud music

Dear Owner and Manager of Mast Kalandar: