Vegetarian Indian restaurant offering South Indian food. Features a daily lunch buffet as well as buffet dinner on Thursday nights. Vegan items are marked on menu and buffet items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

nsonnesyn
nsonnesyn

Recently Renovated!!

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2015

I have always loved Masalaa because it is the closest thing I've ever had in the US to the traditional South Indian cuisine I so dearly miss enjoying during my travels.

After closing for quite some time to remodel, Masalaa is now back open and better than ever! The decor and ambiance are improved, the floors replaced, and the bathrooms completely redone.

As usual the staff is friendly and food is wonderful.

I've been visiting Masalaa for late brunch regularly for 5 years. The flavors are incredible and I've brought many non-Indian food fans and meat eaters there only to get them completely hooked! It is a MUST-TRY for everyone. :)

Pros: Good Food, Low Prices, Well-Marked Vegan Options
Cons: Staff doesn't speak very good English
Labylala
Labylala

yummy indian food

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

Yummy Indian food! We are glad that we have chosen this restaurant for dinner while staying in Aurora. It's a vegetarian restaurant but has plentiful of vegan options on the menu that are labeled "V" for vegan! We had the best veggie cutlet here and the curry dishes were very good too. Would definitely come again if we are in town.

Pros: vegan options
rrsrid
rrsrid

Masala ****

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

We were there for dinner. The dosa, sambar and pakoras were very tasty. They have both north and south indian vegetarian dishes. I loved the decor and the serving dishes. The restaurant has a unique character. I would recommend this highly for both Indians and non indians because this caters to all spice levels.

fx
fx

disappointing

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

I am in town on business and drove over an hour from Boulder to get to this restaurant. I was truly disappointed.Based on the reviews I expected much better. The food was cold the environment in need of updating. The experience was less than pleasurable. The service was good the waiters were very attentive. But the general presentation of the food was sloppy.

Pros: attentive wait staff
Cons: cold food, dirty bathroom , environment needed updating
allikatk
allikatk

A Wonderful Find!

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

This is my favorite restaurant. I eat here about once a week with my son, who is also vegan. The food is always freshly prepared and the menu is very clear on what is vegan (or gluten free), and the staff couldn't be nicer. Try the Chettinadu Dosa, or Tomato Uthappam. Yummy!

Pros: Easy to identify vegan dishes, Friendly staff, Made with fresh ingredients
kornfeld
kornfeld

Great Place

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2009

We found ourselves "stuck" in Aurora for several weeks and Masalaa was a welcome find. We went several times for lunch, not for dinner. The lunch is always a buffet. The fare is principally South Indian, which we often don't like because there often isn't much protein, but each time we went there were always two dishes containing legumes on the menu. Everything is delicious. What's served tends to change frequently so you won't get bored if you find yourselves there multiple time. In addition to what's served on the buffet, the owner brings to your table a freshly prepared Masalaa Dosa. It's hard not to overeat.

Pros: Variety, Flavor, Legume Dishes.

Dear Owner and Manager of Masalaa: